Oct.14th Wonder- Day2

DeltaDawn

Earning My Ears
Cast of Characters:
Me- Disney Mom - 41yo
DH- 42yo
DD16A (Disney daughter 16 Amanda)
DD16 J (Disney daughter's friend, living with us, 16 Juliana)
DD14
DD9
Mon. Oct.15th
We woke up to the ship docking in Nassau. I woke DH, got ready & went up to Beach Blanket to gather some breakfast to bring back to the rooms.
DH and I were going into Nassau to walk around & shop. DH walks with a cane (he had a double knee replacement yesterday 10/24), I didn’t book any excursions because I didn’t know how much he could walk.
DD14 came with us, everyone else stayed on the ship. We weren’t very impressed with Nassau. As expected, we were continually approached to have our hair braided, or by tour guides wanting to drive us around. The biggest disappointment was the straw market. The vendors are way too assertive, constantly calling to us to buy, buy, and buy. I just kept saying “No thank you” as we walked through. I couldn’t get out of there fast enough.
One excursion for Nassau I did book was for our teen DD’s to go on the Junkanoo Jam at 8pm. They all had a good time. The only thing they didn’t like was, they had to walk to another dock to get to the Junkanoo Jam Boat. There were men hanging around the docks cat calling to the kids as they went by. BTW, they whole group goes together with the counselors from common grounds.
After our trip into Nassau we spent the afternoon swimming and relaxing. A note on the pools, I thought they were fine, my girls were not impressed with their size or depth (small & shallow). DD9 loved the Mickey slide!
That evening we had dinner at Tritons. I had the sea bass, which was very good.
Still not our kind of food in general, but we liked it better than Parrot Cay.
After dinner DD9 went to Oceaneer lab & loved it. The older girls were on the Junkanoo Jam, and DH & I enjoyed the party on Deck 9, before we sailed out of Nassau.
Sorry to sat we missed the show that night. DD9 wasn’t sure if she wanted to stay at first but later she beeped us and asked to stay at Oceaneers till 12:00! The teens came back onboard, and we set sail at 11pm. Tomorrow, Castaway Cay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter