OBB credit extended?

mommy2allyandaveri

DIS Veteran
This July cruise has the 10% off OBB. The two years will expire in July. Considering pushing it out, anyone know if the OBB has been extended or will we lose it?

I was able to use mine for May 2022 back in October; it was set to expire in January 2022. I would call and ask what their current rules are. I can't recall anyone mentioning anything recently.

DCL told me a week ago that if your OBB was attached to a cruise that was cancelled, then you can still get those OBB benefits for a sailing that departs prior to May 31, 2022 unless they decide to extend it in the future.

DCL told me a week ago that if your OBB was attached to a cruise that was cancelled, then you can still get those OBB benefits for a sailing that departs prior to May 31, 2022 unless they decide to extend it in the future.

This was in my email today. My May cruise used OBB that expires in June 2021. Cruise is cancelled and OBB can now be used until May 31, 2022.

I have an OBB left that expires in August. Was debating whether to book a cruise for August and then move it to keep the OBB. But it sounds like I can only keep the OBB if the cruise is cancelled. So if I want to keep the OBB I have to sail in August or hope they cancel. Anyone see any other options to keep the OBB?

It looks like someone in the other thread has spoken to DCL and was given an extension to Sep 2022.

I hope they offer this for everyone. I'm waiting for the option to move my OBB Alaskan booking from this summer to another cruise next summer. Hopefully, when they cancel the Alaskan cruises, they will give us the option to move our expired OBB to Sep 2022.

Just got off the phone and the OBB cruise credit has also been extended until Sept. 2022. Some have been posting that they were told that only the FCC was.. Some of the CMs gave out incorrect info as it was a recent change. It is apparently both.

That was me...my agent called and DCL said we have until September 2022 to use our OBB and discount from a missed port back in 2019. Was set to exp[ire on July 6th.

My TA just notified me that DCL informed her that my credit is good until Sept 2022. Whew! Now we just need those summer 2022 itineraries to drop!

Just got off the phone and the OBB cruise credit has also been extended until Sept. 2022. Some have been posting that they were told that only the FCC was.. Some of the CMs gave out incorrect info as it was a recent change. It is apparently both.
Is this only if you had a cruise booked that was then cancelled?
So if I have a placeholder booked in June 2019 that has never been attached to another cruise can it still be used until Sept? Or will it expire this June?

Reactions: ajo
I chatted with a DCL rep today and was told that all OBB's were extended to May 2022.
The OBB is only extended if you have booked an actual cruise. I had an OBB placeholder that expired in February and DCL automatically refunded my $250.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter