Obama supporters! - A positive place to talk about his campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewJersey

DIS Veteran
I'm sick of the Obama "cult" thread so I figured we needed a place to talk about the campaign and the great message and platform Barack has shared so well with the voters.

I saw him this past Sunday in Alexandria and he was charming, inspirational, intelligent, witty, candid, down to earth, and it felt like he was talking to me one on one.

I was undecided between Obama and Hillary until mid December (kept going back and forth between the two) but settled on Obama then and haven't looked back.

Let's go on and win WI, HI, TX, OH, RI, VT, and PA. :thumbsup2

I'm sick of the Obama "cult" thread so I figured we needed a place to talk about the campaign and the great message and platform Barack has shared so well with the voters.

I saw him this past Sunday in Alexandria and he was charming, inspirational, intelligent, witty, candid, down to earth, and it felt like he was talking to me one on one.

I was undecided between Obama and Hillary until mid December (kept going back and forth between the two) but settled on Obama then and haven't looked back.

Let's go on and win WI, HI, TX, OH, RI, VT, and PA. :thumbsup2

No, I think you're all alone Tim. ;)

Since John Edwards dropped out I've become a Obama supporter. Both Edwards and Obama were candidates for change - and I am soooo ready for change!

I really would like to see a President that isn't named Bush or Clinton (so long as it isn't McCain!).

No, I think you're all alone Tim. ;)

Hey watch it, or I'll have to beat you in March Madness again. :teeth:

Since John Edwards dropped out I've become a Obama supporter. Both Edwards and Obama were candidates for change - and I am soooo ready for change!

I really would like to see a President that isn't named Bush or Clinton (so long as it isn't McCain!).

Glad to have you on board. :) I was happy to see Obama won Mercer County in NJ, although with 3 colleges and the town of Princeton, I thought he would!

I'm an Obama supporter (not an athletic supporter) but not a member of any cult. So here I am. Now who's serving the drinks and when does the party begin?

Tim, I'm glad to see that you're doing your part to nip this cult nonsense in the bud.:thumbsup2 :lmao: :rotfl2:

obamabarney.jpg

You may like the man, but to put it bluntly, THE MAN IS NOT QUALIFIED TO BE PRESIDENT OFTHE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!!!

He has done nothing in is life to justify anyone's vote for the highest office in the land. This is the most important job in the world.

Please tell me why you would vote for this man. Don't tell me its because you like the message. Tell me what he stands for; what qualifies him for the job.

He has never held a job, never run a company, he has never been the governor of a state, and he has not even been in public office that long.

WHAT ARE HIS QUALIFICATIONS.....Someone, anyone???:confused3

You may like the man, but to put it bluntly, THE MAN IS NOT QUALIFIED TO BE PRESIDENT OFTHE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!!!

He has done nothing in is life to justify anyone's vote for the highest office in the land. This is the most important job in the world.

Please tell me why you would vote for this man. Don't tell me its because you like the message. Tell me what he stands for; what qualifies him for the job.

He has never held a job, never run a company, he has never been the governor of a state, and he has not even been in public office that long.

C'mon JPN4265, stop mincing words and beating around the bush. Tell us how you really feel!! :laughing:

I'm a Republican but am rooting for Obama to win. I just can't stand Hilary.

So I'll give you some support until the primary is over;)

I decided to vote for him after I read his second book-The Audacity of Hope. He has a long section in that book about the Constitution and after reading it I decided that his understanding of it was so deep and detailed that he would not allow for the kind of damage to be done to it that has occured under this Administration. (that was my last straw with GW) After reading that, I went to ontheissues.org and read his voting record, went to his website and read his positions and plans and decided that he was the candidate I wanted most to support. I believe that he will bring the government's focus back to the bulk of it's citizens-the middle and working class folks that keep the country running. It wasn't that long ago that he was paying off student loans, that he and his wife were a young couple starting out with kids and I think he remembers better what it was like to live paycheck to paycheck in a way other candidates just can't anymore. They're too far removed from it.

However, as my signature indicates, if Hillary should win I will have no problem voting for her.

Geez, I just log on, see this thread thought it was positive, guess not.....

Well, personally I was happy to see him speaking at the GM plant yesterday, wanting to equalize our trade imbalance that all started with NAFTA which was enacted by Clinton to begin with....

What's going on with that imbalance contributes greatly to the fiscal inequalities that exist here IMHO...

Lots of other threads available for folks to go negative...hope there is some respect for a positive thread. Questions about Obama? See: http://www.barackobama.com/issues/ :goodvibes
-------------------------------------------------

The David Wilhelm factor is interesting! Saw him interviewed last night, he's now started working on the Obama campaign.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-ex-clinton-aide-backs-obama-feb14,1,5476495.story

"Wilhelm said, "you couldn't help but be impressed" by the energy and passion of Obama's supporters, particularly young people.

Obama, he said, could give Democrats a greater opportunity to push their ideals than they had under Bill Clinton, who won with 44 percent of the vote in a three-way election. Obama, he said, "has the potential to build a real majority for change that was maybe beyond what we could accomplish at that point in history.

"After decades of appeals to selfishness," he added, "I really think Americans are ready for a new appeal to the common good… [Obama] is so clearly tapping into some kind of yearning or craving or thirsting for the idea that we are better together than we are alone."

Well said!!!:cool1:

**unsubscribing to the "cult" thread, subscribing to this one :thumbsup2 **

Hey, I like him, but I just don't understand what he "stands for" ...can you fill me in?
;) ;) ;) +

Lots of other threads available for folks to go negative...hope there is some respect for a positive thread. Questions about Obama? See: http://www.barackobama.com/issues/
-----------------------------------
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/15584097.html
Loved this interview with Michelle Obama!

"Carole Meekins: “Michelle, what about Barack Obama attracted you the most when you first met him?”

“It was the way he approached life,” Michelle Obama said. “He made the choice that when you’re blessed, even if you don’t have a lot, you give those blessings and you work for the greater good.”

Michelle Obama graduated from Harvard Law School in 1988. She met Barack Obama while both were working for a Chicago law firm.

“His whole reason for being in politics in not to amass power, but how do you work to narrow this gap?” Michelle Obama said. “Most Americans just want fairness and equity. People don’t want a hand out. They know they have to work, but we’ve gotten to a point in this country where the gap of fairness has just widened.”

I like him because he's NEW.... he hasn't been in "it" long enough to owe his soul to anyone. Where's Hillary's "experience" she's relatively new to the senate.... oh that's right she was Bill's wife..... sorry, doesn't count.

Good news from Rasmussen Reports:

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows Barack Obama opening a double-digit lead over Hillary Clinton in the race for the Democratic Presidential Nomination. Today’s results show Obama earning support from 49% of Likely Democratic Primary Voters while Clinton attracts 37% (see recent daily numbers). Perhaps the most stunning aspect of the Obama surge is that he now leads 46% to 41% among women. Clinton retains a lead among the narrower subset of white women, but her lead in that vital demographic is down to just three percentage points.

http://rasmussenreports.com/public_...ial_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Subbing to this one

I've been an Obama supporter since the 2004 DNC (and still watch that speech on YouTube whenever I'm feeling a bit down). I hoped against hope that I'd be able to cast a vote for him some day - little did I know that it would be less than four years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter