NYC: New York Dreams (formerly DVC only) Meets Thread

I don't do sleeveless - my arms are too fat. :( Guess I need to go find that personal battery operated fan. Hmmm.....where or where did I put that thing.
I'm with you on that with the no sleeveless thing!!!!! Be sure to skip the Polyester tops. They don't breathe well. Cotton, linen & rayon are your best bets!

Sayhello

I'm with you on that with the no sleeveless thing!!!!! Be sure to skip the Polyester tops. They don't breathe well. Cotton, linen & rayon are your best bets!

Sayhello

When I am hot, I don't care what anyone thinks of my 50 year old upper arms ! LOLOLOL :-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Only two more days till we leave and I can't wait. Dinning reservations made and am all packed. Please make sure to pack a small umbrella as we have been getting pop up showers each afternoon. Also sunblock as the sun will be reflecting off the buildings and beating down on us. See you all Wednesday morning.

I've got the umbrella, sunscreen and clothes packs for the daytime. Trying to figure out if I can get away with sandals for night time. Also, praying my stomach behaves. I've been having issues for the last two weeks andante praying it calms down so I can participate and enjoy everything. Can't wait. The pics on Facebook make me even more excited!

I've got the umbrella, sunscreen and clothes packs for the daytime. Trying to figure out if I can get away with sandals for night time. Also, praying my stomach behaves. I've been having issues for the last two weeks andante praying it calms down so I can participate and enjoy everything. Can't wait. The pics on Facebook make me even more excited!

I hope you feel better! I always worry about my stomach issues while traveling, so I know how you feel! (We leave for Germany ABD soon & I have all my meds packed first!)

Just remember, Manhattan has a Duanne Read on almost every corner! (Drug store)

:wave2: DH and I just booked today for May 22nd :banana: This will be our second ABD trip. We are really looking forward to getting a taste of New York.

I am beginning to wonder if we are the only DISers on this adventure :confused3 Well we have decided to do a pre and post stay at the Manhattan Club. We are arriving Wednesday night and have purchased tickets to see Newsies since this itinerary includes Aladdin. We still haven't decided where we should go for dinner for our pre and post evening. New Yorkers or anyone else please feel free to chime in with suggestions :goodvibes On Sunday we will do some sightseeing. That night we have tickets to go see The Book of Mormon. So excited!!!

I am beginning to wonder if we are the only DISers on this adventure :confused3 Well we have decided to do a pre and post stay at the Manhattan Club. We are arriving Wednesday night and have purchased tickets to see Newsies since this itinerary includes Aladdin. We still haven't decided where we should go for dinner for our pre and post evening. New Yorkers or anyone else please feel free to chime in with suggestions :goodvibes On Sunday we will do some sightseeing. That night we have tickets to go see The Book of Mormon. So excited!!!

What type of food do you like? I can give you a few ideas! We are 30 minutes away!

What type of food do you like? I can give you a few ideas! We are 30 minutes away!

I will eat just about anything as long as you don't send me to the Liver and Brussels Sprout Emporium :lmao: I am looking for something either iconic or an amazing culinary experience or even both. I appreciate the advice!

I will eat just about anything as long as you don't send me to the Liver and Brussels Sprout Emporium :lmao: I am looking for something either iconic or an amazing culinary experience or even both. I appreciate the advice!

Ha! I do like an occasional Brussel sprout....

Our favorites are Bond 45, Smith & wollensky, City Lobster, Bryant Park Grill, Afternoon Tea at Palm Court in The Plaza, and a pre-theatre drink at Sardi's, upstairs at the bar. The food court on the lower level of The Plaza Hotel is a neat place to walk around. We also like the outdoor cafe at Rockefeller Center if it's warm enough.
Ellen's Stardust Diner near Times Square is crowded but quirky, with singing waiters/waitresses.

That's a start. Let me know if there are any others you have heard of and I can give my two cents opinion!

Ha! I do like an occasional Brussel sprout....

Our favorites are Bond 45, Smith & wollensky, City Lobster, Bryant Park Grill, Afternoon Tea at Palm Court in The Plaza, and a pre-theatre drink at Sardi's, upstairs at the bar. The food court on the lower level of The Plaza Hotel is a neat place to walk around. We also like the outdoor cafe at Rockefeller Center if it's warm enough.
Ellen's Stardust Diner near Times Square is crowded but quirky, with singing waiters/waitresses.

That's a start. Let me know if there are any others you have heard of and I can give my two cents opinion!

Thank you SingingMom!!! I think we will definitely be looking into Sardi's the night we arrive, perhaps before Newsies. I've heard of the place my entire life so I'd like to try it out. Ellen's Stardust diner I am going to pencil in for lunch the day we leave. Singing waiters/waitresses and quirky are right up my alley :rotfl:

Thank you SingingMom!!! I think we will definitely be looking into Sardi's the night we arrive, perhaps before Newsies. I've heard of the place my entire life so I'd like to try it out. Ellen's Stardust diner I am going to pencil in for lunch the day we leave. Singing waiters/waitresses and quirky are right up my alley :rotfl:

We saw Newsies SIX times!!! Unfortunately you are missing the original cast! :(
You will still enjoy it - those boys can DANCE!

The bars at the Marriott Marquis are a nice place to unwind and people watch.

Sardi's can be a little "touristy" but a must see for theatre lovers. :). Just remember to go upstairs to the bar - the one at the entrance is super tiny - fits only a few people.

I am a Jersey Girl, but worked in Manhattan years ago and as theatre people, we are there often. Have a blast!!!

We saw Newsies SIX times!!! Unfortunately you are missing the original cast! :(
You will still enjoy it - those boys can DANCE!

The bars at the Marriott Marquis are a nice place to unwind and people watch.

Sardi's can be a little "touristy" but a must see for theatre lovers. :). Just remember to go upstairs to the bar - the one at the entrance is super tiny - fits only a few people.

I am a Jersey Girl, but worked in Manhattan years ago and as theatre people, we are there often. Have a blast!!!

I have heard such great things about the show so I am really looking forward to seeing it. Since we live in Florida we never get to see the original cast of anything. Maybe one day though. I don't mind touristy ... after all, I am a tourist so it's all good :thumbsup2

We are planning on visiting the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building on our post day. Can't get much more touristy than that I suppose :lmao: I am thinking of having afternoon tea at The Russian Tea Room before we see The Book of Mormon since it is another pace I have heard of my entire life. Thoughts??? :confused3 Is this do-able in one day?

I love the theater! I spent many of my school years on stage through our school's Thespian club.

Had a great dinner at Bar Americain Bobby Flays restaurant was excellent.

Now torn between Bobby Flay's, Bond 45, City Lobster and Barbetta :headache:

Seafood? City Lobster. Italian? Bond 45. American/Bar? Bobby Flays. :-)

I prefer Palm Court at The Plaza Hotel for Afternoon Tea. Tea starts at. 2pm, so you have time you get to an evening performance.

We saw The Glass Menagerie last Wednesday - the wind chill factor was -3!

Schmackery's is a great spot for cookies and brownies. All the Broadway crowd goes there. A favorite for lunch with the Newsies' cast is Schnippers - half a block from the Nederlander. :-)

Seafood? City Lobster. Italian? Bond 45. American/Bar? Bobby Flays. :-)

I prefer Palm Court at The Plaza Hotel for Afternoon Tea. Tea starts at. 2pm, so you have time you get to an evening performance.

We saw The Glass Menagerie last Wednesday - the wind chill factor was -3!

Schmackery's is a great spot for cookies and brownies. All the Broadway crowd goes there. A favorite for lunch with the Newsies' cast is Schnippers - half a block from the Nederlander. :-)

Great, thanks for the input!

-3 :eek: I don't have a frame of reference for that kind of cold.

Mmmm brownies and cookies! Sounds like a perfect place for a pit stop. Thank you!

HI there
We are doing the Sept 4 New York ABD. I wanted to do pre Manhattan Club but they would only let me book 1 day early at the time and we are arriving early enough to need 2 nights pre adventure. I've seen you on here for years so would have been nice to be on the same adventure as you :)
We also will see Newsies (I read they are touring this year so hoping to take all the kids to see it on the road), and the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island the day before.

HI there
We are doing the Sept 4 New York ABD. I wanted to do pre Manhattan Club but they would only let me book 1 day early at the time and we are arriving early enough to need 2 nights pre adventure. I've seen you on here for years so would have been nice to be on the same adventure as you :)
We also will see Newsies (I read they are touring this year so hoping to take all the kids to see it on the road), and the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island the day before.

Hi! :wave: Aw it would have been great to be on the same adventure :goodvibes

I have heard very nice compliments about the Manhattan Club from others who have stayed there so I am really looking forward to staying there. I hope you are able to get your other pre-night. We are planning for Empire State Building and Statue of Liberty the day before we leave. I will try to post a day by day play by play trip report while we are there.

We did the NYC Dreams trip last year and enjoyed it. The Manhattan club was fine. I would suggest going to the Top of the Rock. The views are spectacular and on a clear day you have wonderful views. And you can keep going higher and higher. Last summer Ellen's stardust Diner was part of the trip and that was fun. We even went back a few weeks ago and they were singing away. Of course the statue of Liberty is also a great trip too. It's a trip that really keeps you busy. It was very hot for our trip the first week in July but we had a wonderful time.

We did the NYC Dreams trip last year and enjoyed it. The Manhattan club was fine. I would suggest going to the Top of the Rock. The views are spectacular and on a clear day you have wonderful views. And you can keep going higher and higher. Last summer Ellen's stardust Diner was part of the trip and that was fun. We even went back a few weeks ago and they were singing away. Of course the statue of Liberty is also a great trip too. It's a trip that really keeps you busy. It was very hot for our trip the first week in July but we had a wonderful time.

Thanks! I will try to squeeze that in as well. Yes, Ellen's Star Dust diner is still part of the trip and I am looking forward to the experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter