NY Post's Top 5 Florida hotels

jarestel said:
These types of rankings are always subjective anyway. No need to get defensive if one's favorite resort isn't on the list and start tearing down those that are. Let's face it, the only "most popular hotel" list that counts is your own.

Well said! My list would be:

Grand Floridian
Cheeca Lodge and Spa (Islamorada)
Fairmont Turnberry Isle Resort and Spa (Miami)
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Boardwalk Inn

But I haven't stayed at ALL of the resorts in Florida.... :flower:

CarolA said:
Very interesting that the GF didn't make the list....

From my expereiences there, not interesting at all. That's a hotel that isn't all what it's cracked up to be...

Anne

J.C.&ALI'SMOM said:
What is the EO Inn Orlando????

I haven't stayed at WL, but we have visited my parents when they stayed there. They loved it! And it is spectacularly themed. My two problems with the WL are the rooms relatively small size and its location/transportation. If you can deal with those things, this is the resort for you.

If Magic Kingdom is the most popular park in your family the WL is great for location unless you are used to staying on the monerail. we never waited more than 10 minutes and that is stretching it for the boat to take us over there. I will go back there in a heartbeat. I really want to try to Beach Club first though!

stinkerbelle said:
AKL got robbed!

I mean...come on...which would you rather see...and "old faithful" geyser? Or Giraffe and zebra and kudu outside your room?

(and yes - I've stayed at both AKL and WL)
an "old faithful" geyser.

stinkerbelle said:
AKL got robbed!

I mean...come on...which would you rather see...and "old faithful" geyser? Or Giraffe and zebra and kudu outside your room?

(and yes - I've stayed at both AKL and WL)

I've stayed at both as well, and MUCH MUCH MUCH prefer the AKL to the WL. Part of that is because the WL has a sorry excuse for concerge level. No private chec-in--I can stand at a counter in the lobby, I want to SIT. No comfortable lounge--sorry, but some cafe tables and chairs added as an afterthought doesn't cut it. And while the staff was OK, they are a far cry from the superb CM's at the AKL.

Anne

we have two favorites: the WL and the GF..

we just stayed at the WL in July and again last week.....loved both visits....the CMs are wonderful and the hotel is perfectly themed...and i love taking the boat to the MK....so very relaxing...

ducklite said:
I've stayed at both as well, and MUCH MUCH MUCH prefer the AKL to the WL. Part of that is because the WL has a sorry excuse for concerge level. No private chec-in--I can stand at a counter in the lobby, I want to SIT. No comfortable lounge--sorry, but some cafe tables and chairs added as an afterthought doesn't cut it. And while the staff was OK, they are a far cry from the superb CM's at the AKL.

Anne

have you seen the recent upgrade of the WL concierge?.....there is a lovely room now and they've added couches and big screen TVs....

but concierge or not, i much prefer the look and theming of the WL over the AKL...
but that's the beauty of disney...something for everyone....one person loves the AKL....another the GF...another the BC....another the WL...etc etc etc..

Grand Floridian
Cheeca Lodge and Spa (Islamorada)
Fairmont Turnberry Isle Resort and Spa (Miami)
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Boardwalk Inn

Here's mine:

The Breakers
Amelia Island Ritz-Carlton
Mandarin Oriental
Ponte Vedra Inn
Cheeca Lodge

See, it's all what appeals to different people. I personally don't like the 'african theme' of AKL. I much rather prefer WL. And yes, they just redid the concierge. http://community.webshots.com/album/412654873dSyMnt
The reason that WL never had a 'real' conceirge was because originally in the planning it wasn't supposed to have one at all. Then it got so popular and people starting asking why they didn't have one, they made one. I personally can not wait until I get to enjoy the new (for the first time in concierge) room!
(Just called DW tonight and added another night onto my honeymoon! woohoo... 11 nights now! yeah! Can't get enough!) :earboy2:

gcurling said:
Here's mine:

The Breakers
Amelia Island Ritz-Carlton
Mandarin Oriental
Ponte Vedra Inn
Cheeca Lodge

Awesome, thank you! We'll have to check these out when we plan to tour around Florida again! :banana:

OK So here's what it said abaout the POP.

Setting:
The exuberant 16 month old motel style resort features 60 foot tall pop icons and tie-dyed cheesecake. Motel style rooms though, are magic-free.
The Room to Book:
Standards (away from the pool) are quieter than the rest.
Must Do:
Play pinball in the arcade.
Lowdown:
From $77 2,880 Rooms

Pop Century #5? I would have put it at least at #3 behind Motel 6 and Super 8.

Rounding out my top 5:

4. Red Roof
5. Howard Johnsons

For a serious list:

1. Little Palm Island
2. Mandarin Oriental
3. Ritz Naples
3. Ritz Palm Beach
4. Ritz Amelia
5. Breakers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter