Number of People Walking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t start this thread. I,m the one who keeps bringing it up? Really? How many people over the last year have said I never had a problem before but now I am having trouble booking at the 11 month window. Not having people encourage others to walk might actually help walking not get to far out of control. My suggestion of not discussing walking helps those in favor of walking. Good grief.
Between this thread and "Elephant" thread you've made your opinion, which you are totally entitled to, repeatedly quite clear.

FWIW, I dug back to 2008 and found people talking about walking, so it's also been discussed here for quite a long time.

Just as many as have every year since I joined these boards. It starts around the time we start hitting Food and Wine and then especially early December. Every year.

I will have to respectfully disagree. The number of those complaining is a lot greater this year over years past. I think walking is growing and will continue to grow and what will that mean in the future?

Between this thread and "Elephant" thread you've made your opinion, which you are totally entitled to, repeatedly quite clear.

FWIW, I dug back to 2008 and found people talking about walking, so it's also been discussed here for quite a long time.

Well that’s a far cry from me being the only one bringing it up. Lol. And I,m glad you bring up going back in time because I clearly remember people saying walking would have little to no effect on peoples bookings. I think there are quite a few that would argue against that in 2019.

I will have to respectfully disagree. The number of those complaining is a lot greater this year over years past. I think walking is growing and will continue to grow and what will that mean in the future?

I'm not so certain. It's the same people complaining repeatedly for certain. And complaints with fears of not getting a room and then they get it. But more unique complaints? I don't know about that. It was pretty bad back with day by day bookings. Lots of unique complaints.

I'm not so certain. It's the same people complaining repeatedly for certain. And complaints with fears of not getting a room and then they get it. But more unique complaints? I don't know about that. It was pretty bad back with day by day bookings. Lots of unique complaints.

Sorry. Should have said complaints since the 7 day booking was put in place. ( start of walking time frame). And I,m not sure what you mean by unique complaints. I didn’t say anything about unique complaints. I think I am just confused on that.

Well that’s a far cry from me being the only one bringing it up. Lol. And I,m glad you bring up going back in time because I clearly remember people saying walking would have little to no effect on peoples bookings. I think there are quite a few that would argue against that in 2019.
LOL. You've posted the word "walking" over 30 times between the Elephant thread and this one.

Sorry. Should have said complaints since the 7 day booking was put in place. ( start of walking time frame). And I,m not sure what you mean by unique complaints. I didn’t say anything about unique complaints. I think I am just confused on that.
Unique - different people. Not the same ones posting about it multiple times or on multiple threads.

And this somehow proves to you that I,m the only one bringing walking up. Nice spin........
I never said you were the only one. I said that you keep on bringing it up (30+ times at least over 2 threads). I find it ironic that now you suddenly want to hush it up.

Unique - different people. Not the same ones posting about it multiple times or on multiple threads.

Ah got it. Your saying the complaints have come from the same people over and over. In your opinion there are very few new people complaining of having trouble getting their room booking right at the 11 month window. You sure about that?

I never said you were the only one. I said that you keep on bringing it up (30+ times at least over 2 threads). I find it ironic that now you suddenly want to hush it up.

Wow. Who said I want to hush up. I was pointing out that if walking had been kept more of a secret from day one then it would be much better for those who walk. Less competition. Again wow.

Since we are talking about MY words here is a few of yours. Forum gold......
So? Are you trying to shame me? I stand by my words. I walk some reservations I want because I can't get them any other way. I also waitlist some reservations because I can't get them any other way. I also stalk the website for some reservations because I can't get them any other way. All done within the rules of DVC.

I just called MS today to combine 5 separate BWV standard view studio reservations for October that I patch-worked between original booking, stalking and waitlists :cloud9:.

Last edited:
So? Are you trying to shame me? I stand by my words. I walk some reservations I want because I can't get them any other way. I also waitlist some reservations because I can't get them any other way. I also stalk the website for some reservations because I can't get them any other way. All done within the rules of DVC.

I just called MS today to combine 5 separate BWV standard view studio reservations for October that I patch-worked between original booking, stalking and waitlists :cloud9:.

No I,m not trying to shame you. Your words that I posted are a hilarious contradiction of themselves. It just proves what I have said about how people will tie themselves in knots to explain the justification for walking. No such verbal acrobatics when discussing stalking or waitlist. I wonder why. Just admit you don’t want to hear the counterpoint to the pro walking crowd. There are people on both sides of the walking situation but some here will just gang up and try to shout down those with a side of the argument they just don’t want to hear. Or accuse them of shaming or insulting to try to just get them to go away. Basic weak forum tactics that won’t work on people like me.

Last edited:
No I,m not trying to shame you. Your words that I posted are a hilarious contradiction of themselves. It just proves what I have said about how people will tie themselves in knots to explain the justification for walking. Just admit you don’t want to hear the counterpoint to the pro walking crowd. There are people on both sides of the walking situation but some here will just gang up and try to shout down those with a side of the argument they just don’t want to hear. Or accuse them of shaming or insulting to try to just get them to go away. Basic weak forum tactics that won’t work on people like me.
Dude o_O. What an odd response.

I'm in this thread to find out more about the missing AKV Value studios. I've made my opinion on walking pretty clear so there is really no more reason to discuss it any longer, especially with people who just seem to want to pick a fight.

I'm in this thread to find out more about the missing AKV Value studios. I've made my opinion on walking pretty clear so there is really no more reason to discuss it any longer, especially with people who just seem to want to pick a fight.

You quoted me first so who’s picking a fight with who here. Unbelievable!

You've seen this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/sw-ge-opening-guess-dec-4-dvc-related.3729912/ that shows the Value rooms at AKV are missing not because of walking from December through February but a supposed refurb. This thread extensively followed the issue and has some information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter