Number of People Walking

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm familiar with walking a reservation but what I'm currently seeing for Boardwalk Standard reservations for Oct right now isn't making much sense. Perhaps this new system in place has some issues. In previous years - the window opened up at 8am online and you could not 'get or lock' a room prior. This morning prior to 8am - rooms were locked and unavailable to even try to get. Is Disney allowing the rooms to be taken prior to 8am? I suspect something is going on here and I just might call Member Services to ask . I usually don't try to secure an 11 month reservation that is difficult to get but decided to try - however I have never seen locking out of the system prior to 8am.

The picture attached shows the availability of the BWV standard studios. It only shows that the 8th of Oct have been fully booked. Tomorrow it will be the 9th and maybe the 10th too. Thats just normal behaviour.

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2018-11-08 kl. 16.25.49.png
    Skærmbillede 2018-11-08 kl. 16.25.49.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 24
Wait so I’m all confused. If I want to drop a day tomorrow and add a day at the end. I can do that at midnight? Not 8 am?

Wait so I’m all confused. If I want to drop a day tomorrow and add a day at the end. I can do that at midnight? Not 8 am?
If you are wanting to add a day at the end which is not currently within your 7 days, no. If you are within the 7 days and wanting to add at the end you can do that anytime.

Does online booking close at a certain time, like 12AM? I thought I read that once but now I can't find that info anywhere.

If you are wanting to add a day at the end which is not currently within your 7 days, no. If you are within the 7 days and wanting to add at the end you can do that anytime.
k that makes more sense. i'm going to stop reading cause i'm getting myself confused.

I've had really good luck with grabbing some club level rooms as people walking have dropped them, actually I was able to piece together a week in a 2-bedroom club level stay in early October. The only scary part was the few seconds when attempting to combine the studios and 1-bedrooms myself online, I was always worried something would go wrong and I'd lose them. Just a heads up, there is currently a week in a club level studio open right now for early October!!

Update- Well, that lasted all of 20 seconds...but there are still a few days available:)

How do you combine the studio and 1 bedroom online yourself?

I am trying to get a 2B Club level. I was wondering if it is easier to secure the 1bD first then try to get the studio vs just trying to a the 2B.

I am trying to get a 2B Club level. I was wondering if it is easier to secure the 1bD first then try to get the studio vs just trying to a the 2B.

you can only "combine" a 2br lockout as its a 1br + a studio.

The way to do it is to cancel the reservation of both the 1br and studio and then reserve the 2br which also becomes available. If ANYONE have the 2br waitlisted then the availability should go to them.

you can only "combine" a 2br lockout as its a 1br + a studio.

The way to do it is to cancel the reservation of both the 1br and studio and then reserve the 2br which also becomes available. If ANYONE have the 2br waitlisted then the availability should go to them.
(i.e., You can't.)

I would say you can, with the risk of a waitlist taking it.
Not really combining though. More like rebooking a two bedroom instead what you had. But tomato, tomato.

[Note to self: doesn't really work the way you thought it would when you type that out.]

I have been shut out for over a week now for walking to get a room middle of OCT next year. Lots of walkers for standard at BWV.
can't be more than 15 for any given night tho :o
BW view studios (all 8) have the same, very limited availability. we've been booking BW view studios for years, and this is the first time availability is this bad - guess walking has become VERY popular (thankfully, we recently added more points to stay in a 1 bdrm, but I foresee us walking to get a 2-bdrm during the F&WF in future years:confused3).

question. why is it that when i go to modify a room reservation it shows the days are available for me for a modify but when i do a new booking online it shows 2 of the days not available? that makes no sense to me. so in other modify rooms see mavailable but for new booking the room is filled for 2 of the 7 days?

question. why is it that when i go to modify a room reservation it shows the days are available for me for a modify but when i do a new booking online it shows 2 of the days not available? that makes no sense to me. so in other modify rooms see mavailable but for new booking the room is filled for 2 of the 7 days?
Because the "modify" availability will account for your current reservation in what is available for you to book. It's a personalized availability chart, if you will.

Because the "modify" availability will account for your current reservation in what is available for you to book. It's a personalized availability chart, if you will.
Right right. Ok makes good sense. I appreciate it!

So say I have a reservation 9/20-9/27. Can I make my arrival date 9/26 and select a full 7 nights from 9/26? Or is it day by day?

Yes, you could do that. I have a 10/7 - 10/14 reservation right now. On the 13th I could change it to a 10/13-10/20, or I could change it day by day if I wanted to.

I'd think it best to try for a 2BR first.

For AKV- Club level, If you had enough points to make two different reservations for a studio and 1 bedroom could you call member services to have the make it into a 2-BD reservation?

No, you couldn't just have them combined. You'd have to do like what was previously mentioned and risk losing them by dropping both parts and quickly picking it up as a 2 bedroom....hoping that the waitlist doesn't catch any of it and that nobody else beats you to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!