Number 9 is really FINE! Welcome to AKL LITE - the 'unofficial' FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dolphingirl47 said:
You can use either as long as it is not up to capacity.

Corinna

That shouldn't happen in January, right?
I'm bummed the boys won't have the slide at Jambo, so I was thinking of making one trip over for the pool.

Best way to get there in bathing suits???

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

:goodvibes:goodvibes THANKYOU Kimmar for the NEW house !!

Question : at what time does Mara open in the morning for full breakfast ?

:banana::banana: We are planning our day-by-day activities ... for .............................................................. :laughing::laughing: August !!

Dreaming about AKL :):cool1::thumbsup2 is our favorite weekend-activity !! :lmao::lmao:;)

:wave2: laura

That shouldn't happen in January, right?
I'm bummed the boys won't have the slide at Jambo, so I was thinking of making one trip over for the pool.

Best way to get there in bathing suits???

they have a van/golf cart that runs between them. But the walk is very easy!

I am sure with the closure of the Jambo Slide, they will make concessions

:goodvibes:goodvibes THANKYOU Kimmar for the NEW house !!

Question : at what time does Mara open in the morning for full breakfast ?

:banana::banana: We are planning our day-by-day activities ... for .............................................................. :laughing::laughing: August !!

Dreaming about AKL :):cool1::thumbsup2 is our favorite weekend-activity !! :lmao::lmao:;)

:wave2: laura

they are open 7am until 11:30pm....

I love planning, hope you are having a great time!

We have stayed in the Royal Asante Suite in the past when there were 8 of us going together. This time there will be 12. If we book the suite again, are there also regular CL rooms on the 5th floor also or would 4 of us have to be on another floor? Any information about this would be appreciated. Thanks!

We have stayed in the Royal Asante Suite in the past when there were 8 of us going together. This time there will be 12. If we book the suite again, are there also regular CL rooms on the 5th floor also or would 4 of us have to be on another floor? Any information about this would be appreciated. Thanks!

The regular CL rooms are all on the 4th floor, usually in the first pod or 2 off the lobby - Kudu & Zebra Trails. 5th floor is the DVC (non-Club Level) Villas.

Hi all,
I am surprising my best friend with a WDW trip for her 40th birthday and I could use some AK advice.

You see, AK is just way out of my price range so we will be staying at the Dolphin. On our last day, I am planning to check out of our hotel and drive over to AK for breakfast at Boma. Before and after the meal, we will have some item to explore and then we have to get back in the car to head home.

Last time I was there, I spent 2 hours on the observation rocks right behind the lodge and never saw anything but birds. Since then, I have heard that there are other spots in the resort that might be better. Can anybody tell me where in the resort I might have the best luck actually seeing some animals (giraffes are her favorite)?

Are there any good photo spots that we should try? (I mean for pics of US - not animals)

Also, are there any other activities or sights that you would recommend? I heard once that there is a game room with pool and ping pong tables but I don't know anything about it, where it is, what its called, if you need it be an AK guest to use it....

I would appreciate any hints/suggestions to make our last morning at Disney special!

Thanks!!!

Checked in today and had a 1 bedroom villa standard view booked. Got upgraded to a savannah view on the zebra trail. Pretty far down, but an amazing view.

This plus our flight landing 30 minues early equals a great start to our trip.

Thank you all for your responses! We are truly excited to be returning. If we can swing it, we would like to make Disney our yearly retreat. I think the real key is if you can enjoy it with your family (or group). The four of us have a very good time together, ultimately, I think that is what give it that extra fairy dust. Our kids love animals (I work with a national non-profit animal group) so they are really jazzed about seeing them up close and personal. I appreciate your feedback about the transportation.

Thank you for this information! Very valuable to know about the stops (and that there are not many). When we stayed at BC last summer, the bus stopped a lot, which made the trips very long. I appreciate your feedback!

Thank you all for your responses! We are truly excited to be returning. If we can swing it, we would like to make Disney our yearly retreat. I think the real key is if you can enjoy it with your family (or group). The four of us have a very good time together, ultimately, I think that is what give it that extra fairy dust. Our kids love animals (I work with a national non-profit animal group) so they are really jazzed about seeing them up close and personal. I appreciate your feedback about the transportation.

I want to give you another word of advice, if you really want to see the animals up close and personal: ;) Visit Kidani and go out on the overlook (there's a firepit there) on Sunset Savannah. I have found the best time to visit there is late in the afternoon, almost at dusk. The guides are so much fun and the animals, especially the giraffe, get pretty close! :thumbsup2

Spunky946 said:
Checked in today and had a 1 bedroom villa standard view booked. Got upgraded to a savannah view on the zebra trail. Pretty far down, but an amazing view.

This plus our flight landing 30 minues early equals a great start to our trip.

Did you ask for the upgrade or just get lucky?

TruBlu said:
Did you ask for the upgrade or just get lucky?

Just lucky. Plus we just saw fireworks too from our balcony.

I will be there 1st timer. Mar. 12-16. Studio standard.jambo House.i have a ? Are all DVC studios on the 5th floor?.no way of getting a king bed?..any chance of geting pool.or savannah view.?

I will be there 1st timer. Mar. 12-16. Studio standard.jambo House.i have a ? Are all DVC studios on the 5th floor?.no way of getting a king bed?..any chance of geting pool.or savannah view.?

If you have booked a Jambo Studio, you will have a Queen bed and a sleeper sofa.

All non-Club Level studios are on 5th floor.

The one time I booked a Jambo standard studio, I was in a room right off the lobby (5406 - it was right by the suspension bridge) and it was a pool view! :goodvibes I loved the location! :thumbsup2

While Laura is busy cooking, I anticipate a question she needs to be answered:

Can somebody give some details about the path betweek Jambo and Kidani ?

How long?
What about walking in the night (after dinner) ? Are there lights?
Tks
Grump!

While Laura is busy cooking, I anticipate a question she needs to be answered:

Can somebody give some details about the path betweek Jambo and Kidani ?

How long?
What about walking in the night (after dinner) ? Are there lights?
Tks
Grump!

Great question. I will be waiting for the said question to be answered, as well....popcorn::

Congratulations on your up coming trip.

I have added you to the list..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter