Now this comment really takes the cake!!!

Are you sure/is he positive he isn't staying at Disney Land? I did this with my High School Marching Band and walking is the way to go.

Unfortunately, he could probably actually drive to DTD, leave the car there, then take a bus to the parks. It would be unfair, but probably how he'll wind up doing it.

There is no bus to the parks, exactly for this reason.

You have to transfer at a resort to get to the parks from DTD.

Years ago there were park buses that stopped at Downtown Disney because I used them a couple times when DH was there for a convention and we ended up staying at one of the Downtown Disney area hotels. I just walked down from the hotel and caught the bus from there. I guess Disney accountants figured they were losing parking fees.
At any rate, it continues to amaze me what people "think" when they haven't been to Disney for a long time. It has grown and expanded and surely isn't meant for even a fit person walking!!
:scratchin

Why not? I've run from EPCOT to MK and back.

Plan to run to all of them next year.

Tongue is firmly planted in cheek. . .I did the Half Marathon and want to do the full next.

He can turn the walk to the Parks into a nature walk...Hey look kids, a snake! And just up ahead, I think I see an alligator in the brush!

Ah, nature!

Oh wow, maybe he was talking about Disneyland?

I've never ever been to WDW, and I know I wouldn't want to walk.

A little under three weeks from vacation, and I'm wishing I would have booked DL instead to avoid all the transportation logistics haha.

My only Disney experience was staying at the Disneyland hotel and walking EVERYWHERE. Guess it's time for a new experience.

Have you checked out the HydroGuy thread about WDW for DL vets? You should be able to find it through the "land" sticky threads (even though it's for world)

And even DLR people don't walk TWO miles from their hotels. We stayed about a mile away and walked, and we were silly to do so. No one else does this.

WDW's property is bigger than my town. This would be like walking from two miles outside of Tacoma WA and then thinking you'll keep on walking inside of it, even though at WDW the roads are highway-type roads with no sidewalks and large lizard-type creatures and snakes around.

Someone needs to send this guy a hybrid satellite/roads map before he attempts this.

This is hilarious. I know it is difficut to appreciate the sheer size of WDW before going but really......??????????

And this guy is teaching our young people.

Unbeeeeleeeeeeevabubble.

:rotfl2:

I laugh at the sheer cheapskatedness of the guy, but I pity his poor kids. They're the ones that will pay the price. And I hope his wife slaps him upside the back of his head and says "Stick a crowbar in your wallet and pry out $14 x 6 days = $84 to park."

I tried to post a photo of something, but I couldn't. The photo I wanted to post was of Clark Griswold staggering through the desert, so hot he had to wear his pants on his head. I think the guy's family might see him the same way by about Day 2 of their "Vacation."

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hugs Mel

OklahomaTourist said:

Unbeeeeleeeeeeevabubble.

I laugh at the sheer cheapskatedness of the guy, but I pity his poor kids. They're the ones that will pay the price. And I hope his wife slaps him upside the back of his head and says "Stick a crowbar in your wallet and pry out $14 x 6 days = $84 to park."

Eeeek. I've never added up the prices like that. For our upcoming trip, we are there for 17 nights. That would be over $200! Just on parking!

It's at times like these that I am glad we are staying at a lovely Disney resort with free and wonderful transport :)

My dad is a cheapskate, a true cheapskate. He tries to reuse teabags before my mum glares at him and throws the hanging, soggy teabag away. Lol. However even he would not contemplate walking two miles in the middle of Florida to save $14 a day.

I can't really blame someone for not wanting to pay those high prices. However planning to walk 2 miles, much of it without a footpath, is just utterly stupid! In 80 degree+ heat? It'd be worth it to just pay the money to park. They'll spend that money on drinks keeping their panting, tired bodies hydrated on the way. ;)

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

If he actually tries to walk it and Disney lets him on their roads since there are few sidewalks, I bet he doesn't walk back to the hotel.

Yowza! I don't think people have a concept of what Disney is like until they get there. I had no idea the first time we went that you had to take buses to each separate park. I also (don't make fun of me now) thought that Harry Potter was there! Oops. Luckily my parents schooled me. By the next year I was schooling them on all the ways it is better to do Disney from all the research I did. I was convinced there were better ways to do Disney than to keep crossing the parks and such. I was right. There are much better ways.

Obviously with the wife having gone as a child, things have changed repeatedly, so she has no idea what it will be like! They are in for a rude awakening!!!

Up until a couple of months ago, I thought Harry Potter was there too. Thank God for DisBoards and all the great people on here who have helped me plan... Our first trip would have been a mess!

Up until a couple of months ago, I thought Harry Potter was there too. Thank God for DisBoards and all the great people on here who have helped me plan... Our first trip would have been a mess!

Tru dat. Between the DIS, Allears, Touringplans, Mousesavers, and the actual Disney website, I researched my butt off for the second trip, and it was wonderful! The first trip I sat down and cried the second day in b/c my parents didn't understand the fastpass system even after two trips and did not use them properly. I have bad feet and I was in so much pain from crisscrossing the parks. I'm a pro now! Everyone looks to me for trip planning now!!!
--------------------------

Can you imagine how early they would have to get up for ropedrop? :crazy2: It's not like it is just walking a straight 2 miles like we would at home. With all the traffic and buses, not to mention crossing the street in that, it will take a long time. If they have young kids, a stroller, and a bunch of junk to carry, it will take even longer. :faint: I'm sorry, I exercise a lot, but I would never want to work that hard on my vacation in the heat. I want to sit in the air conditioning and let someone else drive me. :thumbsup2

. I've never added up the prices like that. For our upcoming trip, we are there for 17 nights. That would be over $200! Just on parking!

It does sound crazy when you start adding up the cost. It would make it worth it for one family member to get an annual pass just to get free parking.

In 80 degree+ heat?

More like 100+ degrees since they are going this summer. :crazy2:

This guy is a cheapskate and a bully! I hope his wife straightens him out. There are very few sidewalks in FL, and none in WDW. A guy just got hit and killed here this past Saturday picking up cans on the side of the road. He would putting his entire family's life at risk to even try this stunt.

OP, if you decide to help this "teacher" at all, I suggest you have the "help" come from your parents. Just a quick email mentioning his comment and setting him straight should do it. You might also consider attaching a photo mapping out the distance from I-4 to the MK.

He may not want to take advice from students, but might listen up if it came from another adult. For the sake of his family, I'd think I'd at least try and set him straight.

Personally, I think he is probably going to Disneyland, but is amongst the many that don't know the difference especially if he has never been before. At Disneyland he can usually walk to the parks. If not, it won't take long before he realizes his mistake. If he stays on 192 it's a twelve mile walk to MK alone.

On a different comment, I'm sure that Disney was concerned about the loss of income because of people parking in the DTD lot, but I think the biggest problem came from the retailers in DTD complaining about the prime parking spots being taken up by the freebie seekers. The parks open up earlier then the stores in DTD so the parking spaces would be filled with park people. I don't think it would take a sane person more than one time to realize that that free parking has a big cost in lost time now.

Unbeeeeleeeeeeevabubble.

Luckily one of the few things we do not make our teachers responsible for is teaching the students all about Disney World.
He will figure it out and I am sure it will be before he tries to walk. The hotel will let the know what a horrid idea it is or his wife will talk sense in to him.

Oh my gosh! They're probably going to get about a half a mile down the street then run out of sidewalk and be left standing around confused. Can you imagine looking out the window of your resort bus to the parks and seeing a exhausted family traipsing through the grass by the side of the road?? *laughing*

and who knows what could be slithering in that grass.....:rotfl2:

MKTollBooth_zps1e05a0a0.jpg

whats that saying
Ignorance is Bliss :3dglasses
hope he was joking.....
you cant walk in anyway...where, along the parkway/road????
dont think so...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter