• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!"- Our 1st DVC stay-May 2010-Wrap Up 9/23

Fun day at AK. It's funny that we never ran into y'all or Dana that day. We did see Mary between Asia and Africa.

I remember when my girls were younger and they got chosen to be in the show at FOTLK. :thumbsup2 Fun times!

I love the picture with Flik! I called them "dog ears" as a girl, but now I call 'em "pig tails" don't know when or why I switched! :laughing:

Sounds like your Animal Kingdom day was great! Yay! for Kali River Rapids and adult beverages. Max has to stop by that bar for his once-a-year-because-that's-the-only-place-we-can-find-it Tusker Ale. I tried it this year, since I was never really a beer girl in the past, but I'm branching out now...and it really is good!

What a fun update! I can't believe the ostrich attacked the safari truck. That's strange! We saw the little rhino on our safari too and he was the cutest thing.

It's been a couple of years since we've seen Flik but I love him. The pictures of the girls and their antennae are so cute. I really like it when a character goes out of the way to interact with the park goers.

I was glad to read that Josie was tall enough to ride Kali River Rapids and that she liked it. We skipped it this year because we simply didn't feel like walking around the park soaking wet.

Festival of the Lion King is one of our very favorite shows. I don't think I'll ever tire of it. Too bad you weren't able to get a few pictures of the girls participating.:goodvibes

The pictures of your girls and Mary's sitting together were so sweet. It's amazing how kids can form a friendship so quickly.
Thanks Lisa! Josie really loved KRR. It was her official big kid ride so we were all very excited for her.

I don't think I will ever tire of FOTLK. It is such a fun show. It's funny that I recognize CM's from the last time I saw the show. They must really enjoy what they do.

cute outfits!!! I always loved working at WDW and seeing all the great home creation outfits :) I can't wait to see what your thoughts of Grand Gatherings was. A former roomie of mine worked Grand Gatherings once a month at AK for her internship! She always seemed to enjoy working them!

What a great update. We also saw FOTLK this time too. Was really cute. The parade was great-thanks for saving us some seats. We did Kali but not get soaked. I knew one of my girls would wreck the shirts so I had them change later. Avery did wreck her zebra dress with a Mickey bar after the parade :rolleyes1 I am going to check out those trails in Dec. Man, seeing all the pics makes me miss it and you guys more. :sad2:

No problem on the seats. :goodvibes The girls usually do pretty good with their clothes so I really thought we'd be okay. Of course they proved me wrong. :confused3 The trails were fun and very quiet. We really needed that about that time in the day. :goodvibes

What a great morning and you guys met up with so many friends; how fun!

We have yet to bring Ashton to see FOTLK that is one that will most definatley be on the list next go round (whenever that may be:rolleyes1 ).
The girls sound like they were having the time of their lives.

Love the Flik pictures and King Louis & Baloo your girls are precious!:cutie:

:wave2: Connie

They did have a really good time. You HAVE to take Ashton to see FOTLK. He will love it! :thumbsup2

Catching up...

The girls look adorable with their leis on their heads. :) The show seems interesting but I think I would rather watch the traditional dancing at the end since you said it seems so much better.

Wow, those pictures are expensive! :eek: I am really looking forward to our breakfast at TH! :goodvibes The food looks so good.

What a great day at Ak! I am really looking forward to having some of the same experiences you have but perhaps not KRR. :rotfl:

Looking forward to reading about the GG. popcorn::

Hi Stephanie! The pics are super expensive and honestly, they weren't very good at all. :confused3 I would definitely stay away from KRR if you don't want your drawers stickin' to ya FOREVER!:rotfl2:

GG details are coming up!

Before I post, I really need to read your report to the end....I missed your latest post:confused3must be old age creeping in:eek:

I love KS, I think it's because no matter how many times you ride, it's never the same twice;) I love the picture of the girls with Flik, it's priceless! Great parade pics too, and so nice that you were able to enjoy it with Mary and her family!

You are so funny Q! It was fun doing the parade again with Mary, Jeff & the girls. Good times!

I'm thinking of framing the Flik pic and putting it in their playroom. It's so fun and I think it would be cute hanging in there. :goodvibes

Looks like a great day at AK!! LOVE the girl's outfits!! :lovestruc Gymboree--same line as the dresses my girls wore!! Tusker House sounds so yummy!! We may need to try the breakfast there! My SIL also raved about TH when they ate there last summer!

It was a wonderful day Becky! Yep those outfits are from the same line. The girls really are wearing them out now too. I can't believe how much they liked them when I brought them home.

TH is really great. It was a pleasant surprise. Some of our meals this go around were a bit disappointing but TH was a highlight for sure. :goodvibes

Sounds like a great day at AK! The girls outfits are precious - I had the same issue with some cute "autumn colors" minnie mouse customs that my girls wore on our October 2008 trip and spilled chocolate ice cream all over! Oh well....I should have seen it coming, right?

Love the "antennae" picture with Flik! Very cute!

Looking forward to hearing all about the GG!! :thumbsup2

Sara

Oh No Sara! I'm sorry you had an issue with some outfits too. I know better for next time I guess. We are doing a photo session in July at the Poly and I've bought the girls some white dresses. We most definitely be wearing something else before the photo shoot. ;)

GG details coming up!

Fun day at AK. It's funny that we never ran into y'all or Dana that day. We did see Mary between Asia and Africa.

I remember when my girls were younger and they got chosen to be in the show at FOTLK. :thumbsup2 Fun times!

Fun day for sure. Wish we would have run into each other again. We didn't get much time to chat at the DIS Meet. :sad2:

It's fun to watch the girls participating in the shows. It amazes me how they get up there and don't act shy at all. :goodvibes

Hi Leanne,
The hubby is out tonight so I am getting all caught up on the DIS! I loved your update. It is so cute to see your kids with Mary's kids- they seem like old friends!! Too cute :-) Next October we will have some cute pics of the girls with Myles and Owen!!!!:goodvibes

We havent done FOTLK but I think we will give it a try this time. I loved the parade from AK, I think it was my favorite one... well I guess the MK one is the best but I did really like it.

I love the picture with Flik! I called them "dog ears" as a girl, but now I call 'em "pig tails" don't know when or why I switched! :laughing:

Sounds like your Animal Kingdom day was great! Yay! for Kali River Rapids and adult beverages. Max has to stop by that bar for his once-a-year-because-that's-the-only-place-we-can-find-it Tusker Ale. I tried it this year, since I was never really a beer girl in the past, but I'm branching out now...and it really is good!
Hiya B! I never called them dog ears until I moved hear. They were always pig tails. I think dog ears sounds cuter though. :goodvibes

Our Animal Kingdom day was really productive and a lot of fun. We did everything we wanted. I had the PinacoLAVA and Joe had a corona. They ran out of Corona so we just wandered off with little damage done. :laughing: I might try to get Joe to try the Tusker Ale in July.

Beer gives me an almost instant headache...I think I drank to many in Engineering School and my body says "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT THAT AGAIN!!!!!!". :lmao:

cute outfits!!! I always loved working at WDW and seeing all the great home creation outfits :) I can't wait to see what your thoughts of Grand Gatherings was. A former roomie of mine worked Grand Gatherings once a month at AK for her internship! She always seemed to enjoy working them!

Thanks Tink! We enjoyed the GG. More details are coming up. I'm trying ot upload a few pics that I somehow neglected to pick the other day. :goodvibes

Hi Leanne,
The hubby is out tonight so I am getting all caught up on the DIS! I loved your update. It is so cute to see your kids with Mary's kids- they seem like old friends!! Too cute :-) Next October we will have some cute pics of the girls with Myles and Owen!!!!:goodvibes

We havent done FOTLK but I think we will give it a try this time. I loved the parade from AK, I think it was my favorite one... well I guess the MK one is the best but I did really like it.

Hi Nickie! My hubby is out tonight too so I'm trying to get an update in and catch up some reports myself. :goodvibes

You have to check out FOTLK. The kids would enjoy it. Can't wait to get some cute pics of the girls with those handsome little boys of yours. I'm sure they will really hit it off. The parade at AK is so unique and fun. It's next to Spectro for me. Hope you enjoy your quiet night. I am! :woohoo:

Great report - loved the info about Kidani. My kids would love to stay there!

I haven't been to the luau in ages...thanks for the update on that as well!:goodvibes

Looking forward to more!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter