November W.I.S.H. - Thankful is as thankful does.

Thankful to be sitting in front of the fireplace on this gray, drizzly day.

Thankful my grandson is playing basketball again after a long year and a half of no organized sports. Loved hearing about your son’s soccer journey, @piglet!

Thankful I remembered to freeze soup before we left for the beach so I have
lunch today.

Today I am thankful that what is going on with my eyes is not 'serious'. It is a common condition related to my thyroid and age... so no cure (ha ha) just management with daily cleansing and eye drops, plus another med.

I am also thankful that I was able to pick up a canceled appointment at the dentist and will be going in tomorrow morning for a cleaning and exam. Really happy about getting that done before I see the Orthodontist in a couple weeks. Not crazy about having to go downtown, but it is what it is... next week I'll be going in to the office two days for on-site meetings, so I guess I need to get used to it. Tomorrow I'm going to drive, since it is an in-and-out, but next week I'll be taking the bus which is really going to be strange... something I used to do everyday but haven't for almost two years.

And I'm thankful that we get an extra discount at this time of year, I always stock up on cosmetics basics because they never go on sale. In addition to getting treatment products, I'm going to toss all of my eye makeup and get new, the eye doctor didn't say to do this, but it just feels right.

Thankful for the people that work at my parents' nursing home. I went today to drop some items off and the lobby was lovingly decorated with a tree, couple dozen stockings, etc.
Thankful for takeout...some days dinner is just NO.
Thankful my DSs have their vaccines and it is over 2 weeks before we get into holiday function time.
Thankful for Etsy...its awesome.
Thankful for the early intervention preschool program DD is in. After a few notes back and forth with her teacher it turns out the very deliberate motions she has been making for the last week or so are her communicatinf please and thank you. It's so awesome they are working on these with her in conjunction with speech therapy.

Thankful for DH. Thankful he can retire in a month and immediately lower his stress level! Never mind that mine is going up at the thought!

Thankful that the final college payment was made for DS2. It's amazing to have discretionary funds again! I had to look at the budget twice when I removed that monthly item!!! :faint:

Thankful that at some point our house projects will finish--definitely not thanks to the sub-contractor who stood us up tonight! But things will happen.

Thankful for DH. Thankful he can retire in a month and immediately lower his stress level! Never mind that mine is going up at the thought!

Thankful that the final college payment was made for DS2. It's amazing to have discretionary funds again! I had to look at the budget twice when I removed that monthly item!!! :faint:

Thankful that at some point our house projects will finish--definitely not thanks to the sub-contractor who stood us up tonight! But things will happen.
Yay for your husband’s retirement!
And I remember the joy of sending that final college payment-although we had a wedding a month after she got her Masters…

Good Morning!! It is free for all Friday. Anyone have plans for the weekend? We do not really. The kids have asked to have friends sleep over but other then that nothing. We will get some cleaning done. I need to finish cleaning up some stuff from clearing out our bedroom and then DH and I want to go through our closets. I am also going to start getting my cookie recipes together. I am going to wait to make them until the 20th so they will still be good on the 24th and 25th and can take them to parties and not leave them in my house. Though I make what the kids and DH like and I don't eat many.

I have to work this weekend which occurs a couple times a year for me. But it's at home so whatever. Going to see Hamilton on Sunday though so yay! And might go to a tree lighting at a nearby park on Saturday, we'll see how the day goes.
Will probably be making my cookie list as well @piglet1979. Last year I made most of my drop cookie dough ahead of time and froze it. Then a couple hours before we went out I would bake a batch and off we went. I give my mother in law frozen cookie dough every Christmas so when the kids spend the night they can make fresh cookies!
Today is my last Friday of work for the year woowhoo! Coffee is NOT doing it today though

I have to work this weekend which occurs a couple times a year for me. But it's at home so whatever. Going to see Hamilton on Sunday though so yay! And might go to a tree lighting at a nearby park on Saturday, we'll see how the day goes.
Will probably be making my cookie list as well @piglet1979. Last year I made most of my drop cookie dough ahead of time and froze it. Then a couple hours before we went out I would bake a batch and off we went. I give my mother in law frozen cookie dough every Christmas so when the kids spend the night they can make fresh cookies!
Today is my last Friday of work for the year woowhoo! Coffee is NOT doing it today though
How exciting to see Hamilton live! We watched the show on the Disney channel but I haven’t been able to get tickets to a live show yet.
I also have cookie recipes I can make ahead to freeze. It’s nice to make a mess in the kitchen one afternoon and have them on hand to bake another day.

Last edited:
Last year I made most of my drop cookie dough ahead of time and froze it.

This would never last in my house. I don't eat much of the baked cookies but I can eat a whole batch of cookie dough. This is my down fall. I have no self control when it comes to cookie dough.

Going to see Hamilton on Sunday though so yay!

How fun. I want to see it in person at some point. I watched it on Disney + last year.

This has been a pretty productive week with positive outcomes.

Saw the Eye Doctor and got a management/treatment plan: went to the Doctor-Doctor and they actually got blood out of me, it did take two of them tho: got a good report card from the Dentist this morning and I'm so glad I was able to get in to see her before going to the Orthodontist. She said my pallet isn't narrow and my bite gets the highest rating. The only concern she had is the depth of my bite, which was also on my list, but she explained it is for different reasons than I had thought. And she showed me the Invisalign compared to a mouth guard, and Invisalign is so much lighter I think it would be an option.

I reduced sugar intake but didn't eliminate it... small steps. And thanks to the dinner out I did get more protein this week.

Weekend plans... I am going to go down to the Mall early tomorrow and stock up on my cosmetics. Since I tossed so many things I do need to replenish before I go in to the office next week. I need to do clean up in the yard and need to strip down the bedroom and re-do it. I'm going to swap bedframes/headboards, which means I need to take the bed apart and will be able to clean/vacuum underneath it. Sunday morning I'm going to go out to my favorite country nursery, and over the course of the weekend I'll do at least one drop off at Goodwill.

And I am so so glad I went in to the city this morning, I was really dreading it. Last time I was there was August of last year and it was still a mess and largely boarded up from the protests. Things were much better today and it was just so nostalgic to think about how connected to downtown I've ben thru my adult life. I was glad this trip I was in my car and I was able to observe from it's safety. Tuesday I have to go in to the office and I'll be taking the bus. I am now ready to do that, and to experience the city by walking thru it.

Thankful Thursday…(Saturday)
Thankful that this crazy week is done.
Thankful that I am about to have a much needed spa day.

Yesterday I had to teach my class and another class that had to evacuate due to a violent kindergartner. I did my morning meeting then went into a social/emotional lesson to help them cope. This year is like no other.

We have no big weekend plans. I had thought we were going to see DH's mom today but he took yesterday off and did that. We will probably take a bag of clothes to a charity and go to World Market to see about getting gifts for DSs and their families. Just small things. DS1 and wife have given us no list; DS2 gave us a list: DS2's girlfriend half jokingly told him--just pay a bill, any bill! Life is hard as a single mom with a special needs child. So we'll see what happens. I hate shopping (hence why I said WDW next Christmas!). DS2's birthday is in ten days so need to shop for that, too.

The scale was fantastic this morning. Not sure why as it wasn't anything special in terms of eating/exercise this week. But I'll take it!

Need to grocery shop and clean. That's it for excitement around here. A few weeks ago I saw the saying: you can't organize excess. It's really resonating with me (although I haven't taken any huge action on it!). So many things I want to do--once the stupid contractor starts/finishes his projects.

My Christmasy mani-pedi:

9CFD6380-910D-4331-BFE3-A4BBB93539C6.jpegD44981EC-29D5-47FC-8825-90C7AA0DB095.jpeg
I did the crazy pattern for my students who are obsessed with my nail polish choices.
It’s a nice break to be concerned with such trivial things. My fingers had terrible cuts on them from dry skin, so I had a lovely paraffin treatment which yielded great results. Now home, it’s time to do Christmas cards.

Got the tree up and enjoying a martini in front of the fireplace before tackling dinner. Almost finished decorating, so feeing pretty accomplished. A trip to the stores tomorrow and I will have shopping finished. My grandson’s Christmas concert is Tuesday night so really looking forward to it! I remember getting ready for the holidays while still working and feeling a little (ok, a lot) crazy. So I hope everyone had a good weekend!

I am so sorry I missed yesterday. We were cleaning and shopping. Then my nephew spent the night. Yesterday I did get up and got straight on the treadmill. Call the Midwife is back on PBS and I only watch while on the treadmill. So I have been itching to get on. I didn't get on today though. DS and nephew were up until 3:30am and then DH was snoring pretty bad. After getting only an hour here and there of sleep I finally went to the couch at 3:30. I watched some of the new Doogie Houser show. I really liked it so I will finish watching it. But I have been of tired and not doing much today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter