November Clothing and Umbrellas?

Jls24

Earning My Ears
Hey!

I’ll be visiting with my partner in November 18-3rd December and I’ve never been to florida! So I’m totally stuck on what to wear? I have sun sensitivity so I cover up a lot but will long sleeves, long legging ect be too much? Will I be too warm? Just looking for some ideas on clothes to pack!

Also, are UV umbrellas allowed in parks? I’ll most likely bring one but just checking!

Any advise would be great and really appreciated,

Thank you

That late in the year, I strongly advise both lightweight sun-protective clothing AND warm layers in case it happens to be beastly cold while you're there.

We've had more than one mid-November stay where daytime highs were in the mid-40s with windchills in the 20s for most of a weeklong stay. I am not joking! Even though humidity often is near Orlando's where we live (not far from the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers), we've been miserably cold when at WDW then. Actually bought jackets once even though we thought we'd brought enough layers.

It likely won't rain hard. The most we've experienced that time of year is drizzle to light rain. The drawback is either can last most of the day rather than pour-and-done as the summer rains usually are.

So, prepare for summer heat and humidity or bone-chilling cold and humidity. You might easily experience both.

That late in the year, I strongly advise both lightweight sun-protective clothing AND warm layers in case it happens to be beastly cold while you're there.

We've had more than one mid-November stay where daytime highs were in the mid-40s with windchills in the 20s for most of a weeklong stay. I am not joking! Even though humidity often is near Orlando's where we live (not far from the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers), we've been miserably cold when at WDW then. Actually bought jackets once even though we thought we'd brought enough layers.

It likely won't rain hard. The most we've experienced that time of year is drizzle to light rain. The drawback is either can last most of the day rather than pour-and-done as the summer rains usually are.

So, prepare for summer heat and humidity or bone-chilling cold and humidity. You might easily experience both.

Ahhh okay, that’s really great advice thank you, if anything I’d prefer it colder I think(we are from uk usually holiday in Canadian winter🤣) will pack a good mixture of clothing in that case.

Thank you so much for the valuable insight!

We've been in Nov. when it's been hot and when it's been chilly. I'd pack for both possibilities. I wouldn't pack for rain if you are comfortable with buying ponchos should it rain (that's what we do - just roll the dice). Pack two pairs of shoes in case one pair gets wet. I recommend continuing to tour/ride attractions in the rain. Rain often reduces the crowds.

Ahhh okay, that’s really great advice thank you, if anything I’d prefer it colder I think(we are from uk usually holiday in Canadian winter🤣) will pack a good mixture of clothing in that case.

Thank you so much for the valuable insight!
Quite welcome.

Unless you're accustomed to FL humidity levels, you might be as uncomfortable as we were. The high humidity seemed to us to make the chill more intense. Even DH who's typically a furnace was complaining and bought a thick hoodie.

We ordinarily get such high humidity only in summer at home and are accustomed to winter temps well below freezing but with significantly lower humidity.

We concluded we bring the cold with us, because that's happened for 3 of 4 November stays. We did balance it sorta with a Christmas trip that logged record high temps in the low 100s. Apparently, the weather pixies hate us. 🤷‍♀️

Hi Local here, I live in Winter Garden which is out the back gate of Disney...

November weather... its all over the place... I'm sure that's not what you want to hear... Sorry.. Welcome to Florida... LOL... Nothing is a given with our weather...

So with that said - people will still be using the pools, yes all the way into December... Which sound strange yet true...

During the day shorts and t-shirts - possible in the evening jeans and light weight jacket or wind breaker or rain jacket- If you want to save space go for the all in one style jacket, Columbia, North Face and other companies offer these pack able styles, throw in hoodies and sweat shirts...

I have worn shorts and shirt during out running errands and in the parks all day long, then the next day had to wear jean and sweat shirt...

I have worn legging into the parks in the evening and mostly its has been okay except when its really windy then not so much...

If you have little ones, make sure to bring or plan on buying a blanket... for nighttime... yet again it really just depends...

Canadians and Brits are usually the ones found in the water parks and pools unless they are closed, right??? An umbrella is a favourite accessory and goes with me every day. Rainwear is just waaaayyy too hot for me in Florida. I have never felt the need for full length pants or anything heavier than a typical hoodie, although DH did wear a winter jacket to an early Dec Christmas party one year. He gets cold easily, while I am Team Elsa all the way “…the cold never bothered me anyway”

Our normal approach to traveling to WDW during this time of the year is to look at the weather forecast the week before we leave and then we pack mostly for what those conditions warrant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter