November 22nd: Thanksgiving with Mickey!

YEs, CC twice. The port at Key West is closed due to the Power Boat tourney that weekend so we go to CC on Sunday and Friday! Reason we booked!

We decided to leave Thursday night, the kids will have to miss 4 days of school but my High schooler's teachers are all giving her her homework and extra assignments related to the trip to do to help make up for the points deducted for being unexcused abscence(these obviously are not Disney people running the school!) Any way, we are doing the Nature & Kayak tour on CC and that is counting for P.E. and Biology. The Spanish teacher told her to take pictures at Cozumel and do a report on what it was like. English is asking her to journal her trip. Geography is coming around but upset we are not driving to Florida! I would think 3 countries would be better than seeing the TN, GA interstates! I would talk to the teachers and see if they will give your child credit for doing things on the trip. Most are very enthusiastic and realize she will learn more on this trip than they ever would in class for 4 days. Most think they need to come along to provide the girls with a private tutor and tour guide. Even my 1st grader gets to journal her trip and get credit. The one in Pre-k is only missing 3 days because they don't go on Fridays. They learned about countries a couple of weeks ago so I am assuming she will get an assignment too! All our teachers have been fabulous about this.

Tiffany,
I know I talked to all ds's teachers and asked what extra he could do and they just said "Don't worry about it". They will have him give oral reports when he gets back I guess. They are off most of the week we sail, so he will only miss the Friday we leave to fly to Orlando, Monday, Tuesday and 1/2 of Weds...most of which they are having a Thxgiving dinner. That is one reason we booked this week...so he won't miss so much. He absolutely won't take any homework with him because it would be a waste of luggage space! LOL He is not very motivated to complete homework on vacation. His high school is not counting these as unexcused absences either...guess they are Disney people! LOL

Lisa

Ismac,

If my darling teens and yours meet up, please tell him not to share with mine that he doesn't have to do homework while you are on the cruise! lol. We would have a revolt. They really don't have to do much and most of it is just writing about their experiences but I might be thrown overboard! Can't wait, we leave 1 week from right now!!!

Tiffany,
LOL, I will try and curb his enthusiasm over not having to do homework!:)
I was hoping your crew could encourage him to be more motivated with school. You know, like "well it is quite normal to have homework whilst on vacation.":teeth:

We leave one week from tomorrow! And I am NOT packed yet though!:Pinkbounc

Lisa

Ismac said:
You know, like "well it is quite normal to have homework whilst on vacation."

Mine don't even believe that! (one isn't even mine). They think they should be able to go on this wonderful trip AND not have to do homework. Their priorities sometimes! Mine has been on 4 trips this year(counting this upcoming one), all to Fl and our earlier cruise to the Bahamas. You think she would be grateful! She has spent almost as much time on vacation(with grandma, dad, and us) as she does at home! It took me a week to get Brittany to get her mom to

Ismac said:
You know, like "well it is quite normal to have homework whilst on vacation."

Mine don't even believe that! (one isn't even mine). They think they should be able to go on this wonderful trip AND not have to do homework. Their priorities sometimes! Mine has been on 4 trips this year(counting this upcoming one), all to Fl and our earlier cruise to the Bahamas. You think she would be grateful! She has spent almost as much time on vacation(with grandma, dad, and us) as she does at home! It took me a week to get Brittany to get her mom to sign the letter to the teachers requesting homework! I finally told her, "no homework, no trip" and that seemed to work!

Well ds comes down this morning and whispers in my ear "One week from today mom!" So at least I know he is excited. Now if I can just get those two to PACK!:)

I don't have to turn in the "homework request" letter until Monday as per his principal, so we will see how much he has. He seems to think he can get it all done on the Sunday after we get back!:) But like I said, his teachers were like "No worries, he won't have much." I just know he won't do any on the trip and I am not about to carry books all the way down there for nothing! LOL

A Week from today I will be getting ready to board the plane for Orlando!:Pinkbounc :bounce: (of course, I am not excited or anything):)

Lisa

I got the 2 little ones all packed except for shoes! Formals and dresses are next! Most of us are partly packed anyway.

Aaahhhh! I haven't packed yet! And we leave at 0Dawn:thirty on the 20th! And I'm the one who's always right on top of things and ultra-organized. Well, some of the time.
I'm going out today to get the dramamine, (we've never experienced sea-sickness, but the recent posters have me worried), sun tan lotion, and underwater cameras. I've already updated our swimsuits and clothes, and I've got the phone cards, stamps, address lists for post cards.
Just have to get packing.
BTW, I've got my sons homework, (we'll be missing two days of school). I just keep looking at the homework that my 1st grader and my 4th grader get and I can't help shaking my head. We never got that much homework at their ages! That's part of the reason my sons refer to the time I grew up as "the golden days."

Wendy

Well I was just packing my things and noticed that all I packed for dinner wear is two dresses. One jean and one tea length black one that I can switch tops on. You think anyone will notice I am wearing the same thing all week?;)

I also just finished the letter to the teachers at my son's school for them to put assignments on.

Lisa

Lisa,
How could anyone notice your clothes when the only thing we'll be able to see will be your ear to ear grin?:teeth:
Wendy

Lisa,
How could anyone notice your clothes when the only thing we'll be able to see will be your ear to ear grin?
Wendy

Wendy, Oh so true!:teeth: :teeth:
I am really trying to pack light this time because I hate lugging luggage through airports!:( But then, I am a clothes horse and keep adding things in! LOL
I do only have two pairs of shoes packed though! That in itself is a miracle! :) DH calls me "Imelda Marcos" all the time as I usually pack numerous pairs of shoes!

Lisa

::yes:: Can you believe it!!! I'm not ready---but I will be!

I'm not sure if the link will work, but I was just watching the Magic getting ready for us. I guess they will take out another trial run this week, but only in getting ready for the big event of US BOARDING!!! My kids cannot wrap their mind around a ship this big. :earseek:

I chatted with Keoni last nite in the chat room and need to run to get some lime green Mickey stickers this week. Anyone want to find a time to do a DIS meet? :chat: Suggestions? We are at the Radisson the nite before so we will be at the port and boarding early. What works for everyone?

Good Luck packing and safe travels for everyone!!
Patty
:wave2:

My little ones will make up for you in shoes. I just packed their shoes and they have more than we have days I believe! We may have to secretly weed some out if we run out of room! Darling daughter's friend called to see what her limit is on luggage! And I have her formal in my garment bag! We should be a sight in the Airport, 2 adults, 2 teens and 2 young ones dragging everyone's luggage for 10 days!!!! Luckily most roll or are backpacks. Then we meet up with mom and her luggage! Oh, I hope there is room for it all.

Well Tiffany, there are only three of us and already I have a garment bag, two medium size suitcases, one smaller suitcase, and a tote bag! My ds will also carry a backpack.

Patty: last year we did a Dismeet before the safety drill and it was too rushed...maybe after the sailaway party? We met near Pinnochios and it worked pretty good. I would love to meet up with other Dis'ers!

Lisa

Hi, we did have a great chat last night. Learned a few things from Alex. Anyway, a meet after the sail-away party would be nice. I assume it will be too hectic before.

I'll bring extra lime green Mickeys in case anyone needs/wants them. Anyone thinking about using the internet while sailing? I think I'll go for the per minute, only to check for mail.

See ya real soon!

Keoni

::yes:: OK You're the expert! Dis-meet after the sail away party at Pinnochios! We have late seating dinner so that sounds like it would work well. Would early seating people be heading to dinner?

Is the free hour of internet time the first hour we set sail? I probably will not sign up for the week long internet. But thought that I would sign up for the free drawing for it if I could find where to do so.

I am also packing and getting papers in order. I told the kids they could take 3 pairs of shoes each--nice shoes, sandals and tennis shoes. It is me having a hard time choosing my 3--I might have to sneak in a few more!

:wave: see ya soon,
Patty

Hi Patty!
No, early seating people won't be leaving yet. The safety drill takes all of 20 mins (providing everyone shows up on time). We have late seating dinner too!

I looked at my Navigators from last year and the "free" internet was the first night between 7:30-8:30 pm. I went on last year twice in order to check emails and it cost me about a total of $4! I also sent a few emails during that time.

Keoni: the above mention of Internet cost was for you too!:) Also, I would like one of those Lime Green Mickeys.

Let's all say to meet at the table area by Pinocchios at about 5:15pm??? That gives everyone a chance to enjoy sail away, get done with the safety drill etc., and gives early seating people time to meet..then get ready for dinner. Us late seating people can relax and enjoy a few BBC's together by that time! LOL :)

Does that sound good to everyone?

Lisa

I'll be there! Can't promise my DH or sons will show; they might be exploring the ship. I'd love to meet everyone, though.
Starting packing tomorrow. Although I would have loved to have had a daughter, times like this, (packing luggage), I realize I'm probably lucky to have two sons who care little about clothes. That means more room for me!
Hey! In one week we'll be in CC!
Wendy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter