November 22nd: Thanksgiving with Mickey!

lsmac

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>Sly yet brilliant
Ok, where is the November 22nd cruisers? We only have three weeks from today before we head out to Florida!:Pinkbounc

It is myself, my hubby and our 14 year old son. Staying on deck 6, second dining. Flying in night prior and staying at the Hyatt.

Lisa

I'm here! We're driving from PA on Friday. Me, wife and 18 year old son. We're going to have a blast! It's our first cruise and can't wait. So many tips and great comments from the forum!

I think we're on the 6th deck also.

Keoni

Our gang that fills 2 staterooms on deck 7, early seating. Me, hubby, mom, stepdad, daughters 15, 6, and 5 and dd friend 14. We are flying in on Thursday staying at the Beach Club then doing the cruise and then back to the beach club for another night. 10 days total! I am so ready for this. I can't believe we can't find more than a couple from these boards that are going. The only thing I have left to do is to figure out where all the animals are going, we have 8 now!

Alright! Well Keoni and Tiffany, looks like we will have an empty ship!:) That just means we get even better service...more individual. LOL

Keoni, you will love the cruise it is definately a wonderful experience. Just don't get expectations too high, and learn to go with the flow. :)

Lisa

The ship leaves three weeks from today!!!!!
If it weren't for this board, I would have no one to share my excitement! My dh has been fighting these San Diego fires all week and can't think about it, and my sons think that although it sounds like a lot of fun, talk to them about it the day before.
We're on deck 2 and have late seating. We arrive 11/20 and are spending the 21st at KSC. We leave FL on 12/2 so we're spending a couple of days in Orlando.
We're holding off on seeing "Brother Bear" until we get on the Magic.
Can't wait can't wait can't wait!!!!!
Wendy

Wow! It is coming up fast. DS13, DS9 and DD7 and I will be enjoying Thanksgiving with Mickey. Their first cruise and they are having a hard time understanding a BIG boat concept. I can't wait to see their faces when we pull up at the port! We will be staying at the Radisson the night before the cruise and taking the shuttle over in the morning. Anyone else joing us there?

Not many DISers on this cruise it sounds like. More shrimp for us that way!!!
Patty

More people, yeah! My dd will be 6, sounds like a match for your dd 7. I don't know if I like the sound of more teen boys though! lol. My dd friend 14 is very boy crazy! Gonna have to watch her like a hawk. I am so excited, can't wait. We will be at the Beach Club before and after so will see you guys on the boat.

We do have the entire ship to ourselves. Here's my reasoning for this: Have anyone of you been to WDW during Thanksgiving? We have and they have closed several parks due to capacity. AK closed during our visit several years ago. And MK was super crowded one year. Thanksgiving and Christmas are the busiest time of the year, oh and spring break. Everyone seems to be either at one of the parks or at home. And most other people are at home cooking up the turkey with lots of family. Many are at their respective parades, NYC, LAX, etc. So... that's why we have seen only a few DISers here. We do have the ship to ourselves, not to mention all the food and two CC's!

Am I dreaming??

We'll see!

Keoni :sunny: :teeth:

This year's cruise is definately not typical from what my ta told me. He expected it to sell out early. They were going at premium prices earlier and keep giving discounts. With being Thanksgiving and 2 CC stops, it should have been booked months ago. I am glad it is not though!

Hi Everyone!
Just got back from a quick trip to Texas. My grandfather passed away this last weekend and I had to go for the funeral.:( Can you tell I REALLY need this trip now more than ever? Of course, I am just now unpacking the motorhome, to do the washing and then have to repack most everything.

I am glad to hear that the ship will be empty (or nearly)...more BBC's for me!:)

JPBSM: Sounds like our sons will be the same age! Glad to hear it. This is our first experience with the teen group so we will see.

We have TWO weeks from today when we sail! Whoo hoo!

Lisa

It appears as if the ship is filling up, though you couldn't tell it from these boards! I tried to make a "fake" res a few weeks ago and I had my choice of staterooms from five different categories. When I tried to make one yesterday, the only available was a cat 4.
Don't know what happened, but it looks like there's more than just the five of us!

Lisa,
Please accept my condolences on the passing of your grandfather. I hope the trip helps you heal.

Two weeks til we sail!

See you all there!

Wendy

Wendy, Thank you. It was rough because my grandfather had just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in Sept and 4 1/2 weeks later he is gone! That, and the fact that this is the FIFTH family death in as many months!:(

As for the ship being full: I checked Travelocity and they still have numerous categories open...so not sure how that works?

Just think: Two Weeks from RIGHT NOW, we will be sipping drinks on deck and getting ready for sail away! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Lisa

Does anyone know if there will be a choice for Thanksgiving dinner? I've seen the holiday menue, and although it looks good, I'm one of the few people I know who doesn't think that turkey's all that special. I'd much prefer one of the menu items already listed. I'd hate to see the usual Thursday offering, which I believe is the Captain's Gala, completely given way to a turkey dinner.
If anyone has any info, I'd love to hear it.
Also, I don't know how to do the clock, but it's only eleven days from sailing!

:bounce:
Wendy

Wendy,
Even when there is a special menu, Disney allows you to order "normal" things like chicken breast, steak, and fish. I am with you on not being too hip on turkey.:)

BTW, check out the countdown clock below! LESS than two weeks! Is everyone getting packed????

Lisa

I have asked many about whether we will have Captain's gala menu and Thanksgiving or not and I can't get the same answer. My step father would love lobster.

Check out my clock! We leave 2 days early so it looks really nice! We have started packing when it got cold, we put all the summer clothes in the suitcases instead of the attic. I stalled a bit but need to get working on those details!

Tiffany and Lisa,
Thanks so much for the replies. It looks as if we'll have to wait until we board to figure this one out. I can't imagine that Disney would do without the Captain's Gala; I'm not that concerned for myself, it's just my DS9 LOVES lobster and has been so looking forward to getting it on the cruise.
By now it's obvious how slow I am at catching on to technology, but my clock, if I knew how to do it, would be the same as Tiffany's. Our boys have all of Thanksgiving week off, plus the 20th and 21st as Parent/Teacher conferences. :teeth:
See everyone soon, I hope!
Wendy

Originally posted by Wendybird63
Does anyone know if there will be a choice for Thanksgiving dinner? I've seen the holiday menue, and although it looks good, I'm one of the few people I know who doesn't think that turkey's all that special. I'd much prefer one of the menu items already listed. I'd hate to see the usual Thursday offering, which I believe is the Captain's Gala, completely given way to a turkey dinner.
If anyone has any info, I'd love to hear it.
Also, I don't know how to do the clock, but it's only eleven days from sailing!

:bounce:
Wendy

Hello everyone!

I'm not sailing on your Thanksgiving Cruise (although I wish I was!) but I did sail over Thanksgiving last year. It was *very* nice and they did an excellent job of making the holiday special. You'll even get to keep specially printed menus! (How cool is that?!)

But anyway, they did offer "traditional" Thanksgiving foods along with the usual choices for that evening.

Hope you guys have a great holiday!

Wendy,
I am quite sure they will still have lobster though. :) I hear they even have Lobster at Serenity Bay at CC...though with us going there twice, we may not get it twice. :teeth:

Jason: When you all went on the Thanksgiving cruise, did they shift the formal night and the Captain's Gala? Also, what was the weather like during that time?

Thanks!
Lisa (who has to wait until Friday to leave because I have to take ds out of high school for 3 1/2 days as it is.):(

Originally posted by lsmac
Wendy,
Jason: When you all went on the Thanksgiving cruise, did they shift the formal night and the Captain's Gala? Also, what was the weather like during that time?

Nothing was shifted for the holiday. Formal night was still on Monday and semi-formal night was Thanksgiving Thursday. They still had the Captain's Gala Reception in the Atrium and the Gala Diner with the addition of the holiday foods.

The weather was very nice. Very much like Florida weather in Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I would say mid to upper 80's. Key West was warm as well as Florida doesn't really start to "cool" down until Mid December or January. I don't think I would be getting in the water at Key West, but then again I'm a Floridian! Castaway Cay was nice, but again, the water was way too cool for me!

Thanks for the info Jason! We actually aren't going to Key West on this one...we get to go to CC twice!:)

Coming from Colorado, it takes alot for us to think it is cold :) , but I have to admit...last year in December, Castaway Cay was a bit cool for me to be in the water too long. Brrr!

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter