November 2022 Exercise Challenge "Celebrate the Season"

Sorry I've been MIA, you can take my name off for the month. I'm still dealing with foot issues. I'm back in an air splint and my doctor has taken me off most exercises for now. I don't want to drag the team's totals down. I'm going to try and rest it the rest of this month and hopefully come back in Dec.
:hug:

I have 15 minutes from Friday and 40 from today. Put up the Christmas decorations this weekend! That definitely kicks me into a Christmas mood. :)

Congrats to piglet1979 for reaching Pilgrim Purple and Oneanne for reaching Gratitude Green!

I'm preparing myself for Thanksgiving, and of course that has me in a foodie mood. Here's the Disney Eats Foodie Guide for the Holiday season at WDW resort!
This whoopie pie from Backlot Express in Hollywood Studios looks particularly tantalizing!
Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 11.32.21 PM.png
I'll touch on more holiday eats in the parks later!

Sorry I've been MIA, you can take my name off for the month. I'm still dealing with foot issues. I'm back in an air splint and my doctor has taken me off most exercises for now. I don't want to drag the team's totals down. I'm going to try and rest it the rest of this month and hopefully come back in Dec.
Sorry to hear that! You do what you have to do to heal up and feel better. I really hope we'll get to see you in December. <3

Quick update as the in-laws will be here any moment. I got in 40 minutes today in the midst of last-minute cooking and cleaning. No color changes to report since my last post.

Since tomorrow is Turkey Day, maybe you'll take the day off or maybe you'll try to walk some of your meal off? Either way, I hope all goes well!

If you decide not to exercise, you could always go to the movies! Disney is expected to lead the box office this weekend with "Strange World" and "Wakanda Forever".

1669245713937.png

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I took the day off of exercise, except for exercising my jaw. LOL. I took a 30 minute walk on this Black Friday, though, which was much needed. Hopefully the weather holds out and I can take a longer walk Saturday. My poor husband has caught a cold and doesn't feel up for much walking, though, which makes it harder for me to want to get out there.

TwilightSparkle has returned and turned Gratitude Green! Her minutes have also pushed the whole team to Pie Pink! Yum!

Now that Thanksgiving has passed, we're officially in the Holiday Season! So let's talk Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party! This is the Foodie Guide to the party. Of all the items on the list, the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor has the most tantalizing options to me.

Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 12.05.12 AM.png
The peppermint hot fudge brownie sundae and the candy cane hot cocoa.

This tart from Sunshine Tree Terrace also looks really cute and sounds tasty:
1669442869900.png
It's chocolate and cranberry flavored!

Of course, I've eaten enough over the last two days that I shouldn't be drooling over these pictures, and yet... 🤤

40 minutes of indoor walking for me today, which brings me, at last, to Pie Pink!

The Festival of the Holidays kicked off in Epcot yesterday, Friday the 25th.

Did you know that the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind got a Christmas overlay? From what I can tell, the only real difference is that they're using a Christmas soundtrack instead of the usual Awesome Mix, 70s classics soundtrack.

Here's what it sounds like if you want to give it a listen:

Also in Epcot, there's the Candlelight Processional, which is a long-standing tradition featuring celebrities re-telling the Christmas story with a choir and orchestra accompanying. This year, celebrity narrators include Simu Liu, Josh Gad, Neil Patrick Harris, Whoopi Goldberg, Gloria Estefan and more. You can get a dining package if you want to guarantee a spot at the show.

Hey y'all, where did November go? I just realized that between cancer surgery (wear sunscreen!!!) and the knee drama the month is over too soon. Can you take me off the list?

I recognize that I'm a little behind. So today I did 40 minutes on the exercise bike plus 25 minutes of bedtime yoga. Updating from my pillow.

We have color changes! sophy1996 has reached Pie Pink and PollyannaMom and the TEAM have reached Ribbon Red.
Hey y'all, where did November go? I just realized that between cancer surgery (wear sunscreen!!!) and the knee drama the month is over too soon. Can you take me off the list?
Sorry you've had a rough go of it this month. I've taken you off the list and I hope we'll see you next month!!

If you can't make it to the parks this Holiday season, you can always
bring the Disney magic to your home with various Christmas DIYs and activities.
1669695490383.png
I love these Christmas Mickey Cookies.
Of course, you can bring the parks to the Christmas dinner table with recipes from WDW.

You can decorate your tree with DIY Disney ornaments, like this cinnamon scented Mickey.
1669695758044.png
I think these gingerbread Mickey ornaments are the cutest, though.
1669695876218.png
Lastly, to keep things simple, you can cut out Disney inspired paper snowflakes.

I think these activities are enough to keep you busy all season long!

Aside from a Thanksgiving walk on the beach I really haven't done much exercising of late. I am now at:

1110/900... 123%

I'd like to think I'm going to hit it real hard this week, as I head to WDW on Friday and this would be my last hurrah in getting ready, but we're having snow today, tonight and tomorrow morning... super early for the Seattle area. We're all kind of snow whimps, but to be fair it is very hilly around here and the city doesn't own any snow plows. I do hope to get out for at least a short walk.

The team is super close to Green! I'm excited! I took an hour walk today, since it was in the 70s and sunny this afternoon. <3 I'm Ribbon Red!

Yesterday was Cyber Monday, but it looks like you can still snag some deals on Shop Disney today! Check out their holiday shop, if you're in the mood for retail temptation. I personally like this Santa Clause pin. 🥰
1669768364895.png
Can you believe tomorrow is the last day of the month? It is also my husband's birthday, so I may not be able to check in, but I'll be back either tomorrow night or on Thursday to wrangle everyone's final minutes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter