November 2021 Car Rental Watch

JulieBeeRN

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Mods please delete or merge if needed, but I didn’t find a November 2021 thread.

We are needing a car 11/14-11/21 and have a reservation through Costco at $491 for a compact car. It was a last minute trip but definitely makes me appreciate the times when I can book a reservation in advance.

We are needing a car 11/14-11/21 and have a reservation through Costco at $491 for a compact car. It was a last minute trip but definitely makes me appreciate the times when I can book a reservation in advance.
ouch, that is high, based upon several rentals we’ve had this year out of MCO, none over $270-something, usually less.

I have 9 nights booked the Friday after thanksgiving that i booked in August, $247 thru DH’s corporate Avis rate. It’s higher last i checked.

Lowest rate right now for upcoming res for a week starting 10/25 for us is $145, thrifty Midsize. Ugh but, did sign up for their rewards & can skip terminal At least. I’ll keep checking up to day prior.

Unless you are fixed on a specific vendor, hopefully can be able to do better if you keep checking or set up an alert. perhaps you have an employee or affinity rate that might produce a good rate?

carrentalsavers books thru priceline. They’ve had decent rates with Hertz a few weeks out this year.

Autosavers will give you a quote but, also watch the rate you have for price drops & email you.

good luck

Same! I check Costco almost daily and its been over $600 for my trip for as long as I can remember. I expected it to drop by now.... when I was looking at Oct dates 2-3wks out it was dropping. We may be using ME and uber/lyft instead....

One of my good friends works for Hertz, I was able to get a minivan 11/13-20 for $344, but without his discount it would have been close to $600! I can get a compact for a lot less (with the discount) but we need the van as I have to rent a scooter this trip due to severe back issues.

I ended up booking a 3 night rental through UCT when booking our offsite room since it was last minute. We have 3-nights in a rollerskate (errr economy car) for $119 with Avis.

I have to rent a scooter this trip due to severe back issues.
Probably smart to go with the van.

Didn’t have a problem with stuffing a disassembled 3wheel one from GMS in suv. Would’ve fit in mid size car trunk but wouldn’t want to have to lift it up & out either

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!