November 2020 W.I.S.H. Thread - The Beginning of a New Adventure

On the mother-load of Thankful Thursdays, what are you thankful for?
I’m thankful for my family especially the close relationship with my daughter.

I’m thankful that even though there have been many cases in my school and town, my family, students, and I have remained healthy.

We have multiple highly effective vaccines.

I‘m off for 4 more days and was able to teach from home this week.

I’m thankful for all of you who have become my friends and huge support system.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I’m thankful that my family has remained healthy so far, and that vaccines are in sight.

I'm thankful for the technology that has allowed people to stay entertained and in touch - including the wonderful community we are able to have here!

And I'm thankful for my cats - who just reminded me to include them. 😸😸

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Currently sitting at the ferry dock waiting for the next boat. It is overcast but not raining, so it should be a nice drive and hike.

Also thankful for my health and that everyone close to me is healthy. And thankful for my kitties, who were snuggle bums this morning.

Thankful for all the essential workers who have kept things going this year. Thankful that our quarterly company earnings announced this week were solid and our stock is going back up.
Thankful for all of you and being able to check in here everyday, so important fir mental health. Hope you all have a lovely day!

Well, I thought that maybe since this year was just my immediate family celebrating Thanksgiving, the awful holidays of the past wouldn’t invade our day.

I made the mistake of reaching out to my brother who has cancer. He brought up some family issues that I am having with my sister which turned my life upside down. He doesn’t understand that I needed to detach from my sister because her behavior was so toxic, and it really affected my mental health. When I was done talking to him, I needed an Al Anon meeting. My anxiety level is so high now, and it’s really not fair.

I’m trying to calm myself down.

Last edited:
We picked up our Thanksgiving meal from my parents house around 1. My brothers family was there and we chatted with them outside for a little before heading home. We ate around 2:30, just the 4 of us. It was nice. My son and I ended up driving back to my parents because my mom made a special pan of sweet potatoes for my son (he loves Grammys sweet potatoes), which we originally forgot. While there, we got to see my sisters family too. We wore masks and socially distanced as best we could with a two year old (who was also wearing his mask). Other than that, it was a pretty lazy day. Football, Hallmark Christmas movies, naps. A nice day of rest.

Well, I thought that maybe since this year was just my immediate family celebrating Thanksgiving, the awful holidays of the past wouldn’t invade our day.

I made the mistake of reaching out to my brother who has cancer. He brought up some family issues that I am having with my sister which turned my life upside down. He doesn’t understand that I needed to detach from my sister because her behavior was so toxic, and it really affected my mental health. When I was done talking to him, I needed an Al Anon meeting. My anxiety level is so high now, and it’s really not fair.

I’m trying to calm myself down.
:hug: Hope things feel better today.

Had a relaxing day here-football, walks on the beach, lots of family time.
Today we will do a few things around the house and reheat all those leftovers for dinner. Will look for a good family movie to watch tonight.

Hope everyone has a restful and relaxing day.

:hug: Hope things feel better today.
Thank you. I'm just annoyed that this all had to be stirred up on yet another holiday. I have been doing so well for the last 17 months. I wasn't ready for the emotional manipulation and the guilt trip I received.

Some self-care reviewing Al Anon materials and a good night's sleep have helped me to put it all in perspective. I'm excited to move on from this.

Nice relaxing day yesterday. Port Townsend has a trail system that goes all around do our hike ended up being right in their neighborhood. It was perfect weather and other people were out walking, so it was just the social connection I wanted.

This morning I made an early trip to the grocery store, because I realized I didn’t have sandwich fixings in the house... aside from a lot of turkey. I am going to do a little local small business shopping today. I never shop on Black Friday, and this certainly doesn’t seem like the year to start, but I really want to support local businesses, so I’m going to at least go to the neighborhood bookstore.

Well I spent Thanksgiving Eve reminding myself of all the things I'm thankful for and working really hard not to feel resentful. Twins did not go to their dad's for the holiday. Our/Mom's choice because his house just had a case of covid and we were not 100% sure enough time had passed for it to be safe. DS2's flight was changed to a later flight, then there was a gate change that he and a few others missed, so they put him on an even later flight! He eventually made it home, so that was great.

I made a trip to the grocery store Thanksgiving morning so I had ingredients to cook a turkey meal! Loving the leftovers! Having a quiet day today. Finished the 1500 piece puzzle and the very weird thing is there are three extra pieces and still missing two. So strange. I've never had that happen with a brand new puzzle.

I did have a piece of pumpkin pie today, but think that's the end of the junk for me. Time to get firmly back on the bandwagon!

Hi everyone. It was a busy week. I was off all week but the kids and DH had work/school Monday and Tuesday. I spent most of my time on the computer shopping. I am done shopping except for the chocolate I buy the kids. I will go to the store since no one is there. The 2 time we have gone to this store we were the only ones in the store. I have to say that shopping all online this year is more stressful and tiring then actually shopping at the stores. I am have everything that I bought written down with where I got it and marking it off as I get them. It is just stressful keeping track of everything.

Thanksgiving was good. Just us. We had lots of food left over. I ended up only getting 2 pieces of pie. DD ate most of it. I didn't get to eat a lot of the macaroni salad as well. DS ate most of that. We had video calls with both families. It was nice but I really miss seeing them in person.

Here is Ohio we have a color coded system for COVID. Purple being the highest. Two counties that boarder us are purple and the rest have an * which means that they have hit the criteria for Purple but they have 2 weeks to turn it around. They will all be purple this Thursday (the day they update the map). Beds are getting scarce around here. Masks are being worn more so I am hoping that it gets better. Though I had friends post pictures of gatherings for Thanksgiving. So we will see. My cousin has tested positive. It seems to be mild but I don't know much on how they are doing. She just graduated HS and there has been no social distancing happening at all with her and her sister (her sister is only a few years older). So this is not a surprise. I also had a childhood friend that all but one in her family got it. Her (she is a nurse) and her 3 kids (one in college, one is a senior and one is around 5th grade age). She is not doing well but is at least at home. She did have to go to the hospital once but didn't need to stay. The kids all have been home but with varying degrees of severity just not as bad as my friend.

DD has been going around saying she wants this to end. I just tell her me too sweety. Her horseback riding has changed some. They are being more strict and the kids have to wear masks now. DD has been doing this all along. Also they are back to parents can't be in the barns and must stay in their cars. No change either as I haven't been going in. I even bought a heated blanket for the car. The one rule that DD hates is that she can't get there earlier then 20 minutes to get her horse ready. Not a big change but she likes to spend time brushing them.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter