We just booked a last minute trip for Thanksgiving weekend! I’m curious about everyone’s Thanksgiving meal plans. I have been able to get brunch reservations at Chef Mickey and dinner at Trail’s End. I’m having trouble deciding which one to keep! We are staying at Riverside and after doing some research I realized their food court might have a Thanksgiving offering too. It will be a non park day for us so if we keep the Trails End we can go do the campfire with Chip n Dale. We are also planning to go see the gingerbread houses at Grand Floridian and Contemporary. Help me decide where to eat! 🙂

Just a note, and this could’ve been a rare occurrence, but we ate at Coral Reef for Thanksgiving one year. I know, that was our first mistake, haha! It was a last minute trip and that was all that was available and only at 6:00pm. When we arrived (after waiting almost an hour to be seated!) our server informed us that all the Thanksgiving food was gone and “it’s a shame because it was really good.” I was thinking like ummmmm, ok A. It’s gone?? And B. Is it gone because the servers were eating it?? How do you know it was good? Haha! Now this was a few years ago but I always wondered if others had experienced them “selling out” of their Thanksgiving offerings if you had a later ADR?

I am way behind on this thread so hopefully these replies aren't too far out from present plans.

Hey I noticed that there are no dessert parties available on Thanksgiving, does th hat mean those areas are open to the public for fireworks?
We have the HEA Garden View Dessert Party booked for Thanksgiving night.

i cannot decide if we should keep our oga's! kids are 7 and 9. we aren't star wars fans, but it would be nice to go for a drink. but if we have to stand or share a table, it just doesn't seem worth it.
We visited Oga's in October with a party of 4 adults and had to stand at the bar so we decided to cancel our Nov ones because we will again be a party of 4 but with our 5 and 8 yr old this time. We'll save it for our next adult's only.

We will be focusing on the Holiday events,
This will be our 6th trip this year and we have 4 already booked for next year so we are definitely just focusing on the holiday stuff this time. I dare say, I am more excited for this trip than my other ones just because of all the holiday stuff!

This will be our 6th trip this year and we have 4 already booked for next year so we are definitely just focusing on the holiday stuff this time. I dare say, I am more excited for this trip than my other ones just because of all the holiday stuff!
Same!
This is our 5th trip in 2019, and DS7 and I were just discussing how excited we are for this trip just to experience all the holiday events.
We can't wait until next week!!

I’ve heard Trail’s End has chicken & cornbread from Hoop Dee Doo! We did that show last time and loved it along with the food!
Do you want a quiet meal or a rowdy one? I’ve heard Whispering Canyon is lots of fun! We are doing breakfast there. We haven’t done any signature dining yet but I do want to eventually try it!
DD enjoys WCC but we also enjoy a good signature
I was surprised how much the turkey dinner is but I need to make a decision :rolleyes1

Same!
This is our 5th trip in 2019, and DS7 and I were just discussing how excited we are for this trip just to experience all the holiday events.

This is only our 4th trip of 2019 I know slacker :rotfl:
This is our favorite time too nothing like the Holidays at Disney :santa:

Same!
This is only our 4th trip of 2019 I know slacker :rotfl:

Yup, it's our third but my 5th this year and we went last November too - but I still can't wait to see all the Christmas magic... and Galaxy's Edge!

Speaking of weather, my husband thinks I'm nuts for wanting to pack my capri jeans. Is he right, will it be too hot if temps stay nice? We live in a dry climate and 80 is super nice.
Right now I am planning capri leggings with short sleeve shirts then flannel shirts or my DVC jacket to throw over at night if needed. This will be my first trip in 12 years during this time of year and my family's first ever so I'm totally guessing at this point. We usually go in the summer or hotter months so I have plenty of tanks and skorts, but for this trip, I had to buy a new Disney wardrobe!

But I didn't expect it to be more busy than summer.
I keep telling people that summer is basically the only timeframe getting less busy. Everything else is getting busier. But then I think i need to stop telling people this because I am enjoying our not so busy summer trips now! LOL
We just booked a last minute trip for Thanksgiving weekend! I’m curious about everyone’s Thanksgiving meal plans.
Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch, WCC for dinner. Then the HEA dessert party. Yep, food overload. LOL

Same!
When I was in college, my family went the first week of December often. Since then (I'm 46 now) I've gone a couple more times during the holiday festivities, but the last time was 2007! So this is a long time coming!

I keep telling people that summer is basically the only timeframe getting less busy. Everything else is getting busier. But then I think i need to stop telling people this because I am enjoying our not so busy summer trips now! LOL

Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch, WCC for dinner. Then the HEA dessert party. Yep, food overload. LOL
I was surprised how light the crowds were this past August.
Maybe we’ll see you at WCC :wave:

SINGLE DIGIT DAY!!

It is 26 degrees in south Louisiana. I am so ready to let my kid skip school so I don't have to drop her off. :rotfl2:

I'm so worried about getting sick, about the insanity going on at the new airport in New Orleans, about EVERYTHING.

I just want to be at MCO now.
The single days before are seriously the hardest! Have a great trip!!!!!!

Two weeks from today, we will be on the road from GA, bright and early! Then checking into Gran Destino early afternoon! Overview/small sampling of plans:

Wed 11/27 Afternoon arrival after a 6.5 hour drive. Check into Gran Destino. Get settled and head to Disney Springs. Paddlefish dinner, shopping, specialty drinks, Christmas Tree Trail, meeting Santa, maybe some photos at the Photopass Studio.

Thurs 11/28 (Thanksgiving): Magic Kingdom. FPs for all the mountains other than Space. Hopefully some Christmas treats, Thanksgiving lunch at LTT, midday break, dinner at WCC and seeing WL all dressed up for Christmas with a NEW Gingerbread House. Back to MK for the HEA Garden View Dessert Party.

Fri 11/29: Animal Kingdom, meeting Mickey & Minnie with a FP for some Christmas Card photos, a few other rides/FPs (FOP for 2 of us, Navi for the other 2, Dinosaur), midday break, Epcot, La Hacienda for the Candlelight Processional Dinner package, Festival of the Holidays booths, Epcot Forever.

Sat 11/30: DHS EMH for hopefully Smugglers Run, then on to TSL to get whatever we can there (Slinky FP), Droid Depot, midday break, back to DHS, Minnie's Seasonal Dine for dinner, Sunset Seasons, JBJB Dessert Party.

Sun 12/1: Sadly, time to head back home. But we will be back in January!

I am so excited for this trip with all the holiday offerings. I hope I can eat and drink and buy ALL the things, though I have a feeling I need to start prioritizing because there is just so much available goodness, I'll never be able to get to everything I want!

SINGLE DIGIT DAY!!

It is 26 degrees in south Louisiana. I am so ready to let my kid skip school so I don't have to drop her off. :rotfl2:

I'm so worried about getting sick, about the insanity going on at the new airport in New Orleans, about EVERYTHING.

I finally succumbed to a cold this morning. I'm spending it in the recliner with Disney+. I'm desperately hoping I'm getting all this sickness over with and we'll all be healthy next Saturday.

SINGLE DIGIT DAY!!

We're single digits today too!!! I'm the same way about being worried about getting sick. I'm in AL & it's freezing right now.

We flew out of New Orleans w/Southwest a month ago to Belize...….had no problems.
Good luck with it all!!! I way too excited now that the count down is so low!!!

Okay honest opinions! How nuts will MK be on Thanksgiving? I saw it seems to be the suggested park that day which surprised me. We are coming in on our off year for a Universal trip but kicking around the idea of sneaking in an MK day totally last minute. I’m probably crazy! We usually come in the day before Thanksgiving but do other things until about Sunday then start our week of Disney parks so I’ve never attempted it on Thanksgiving! What level of nuttiness is it? Or is it really not so bad? This is a quick trip this time so I could only do MK Thursday, Friday or Saturday. Other days are already planned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter