November 2012 Code Watch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh, question.

Do you guys think Veterans' Day is going to be a problem? I was told it probably wouldn't be a big deal, but then someone else mentioned that TouringPlans.com has crowd levels spiking almost to 10 on that weekend :sad2:

It's not just Veterans Day, it Jersey Week!!!
November 8-9, 2012 ALL NJ Public Schools are closed and most are also closed on that Monday for Veterans Day as well. It has become a popular time for Jersey to take over Disney. Although there is some impact, it is just one state and does not make the crowds as high as other holidays or summer. I actually booked the Poly for us for Nov. 3-11th (I previously posted the wrong dates for my own travel in this thread). Then I got nervous and cancelled because I may be working a different job by then and I'm afraid I won't get the time off needed. So I need to wait a couple of months to officially book.

It's not just Veterans Day, it Jersey Week!!!
November 8-9, 2012 ALL NJ Public Schools are closed and most are also closed on that Monday for Veterans Day as well. It has become a popular time for Jersey to take over Disney. Although there is some impact, it is just one state and does not make the crowds as high as other holidays or summer. I actually booked the Poly for us for Nov. 3-11th (I previously posted the wrong dates for my own travel in this thread). Then I got nervous and cancelled because I may be working a different job by then and I'm afraid I won't get the time off needed. So I need to wait a couple of months to officially book.

ACK!!! I :surfweb: will be watching to see what parks I should avoid on that monday!!!

I thought Jersey Week was the first full week of November... so the second full week of November should be okay (save for Sunday, I would imagine) because my guess is that Monday those people will be heading back home, and NOT in the parks...

Am I right? :confused3

I just wanted to avoid the full "Jersey" week.

I thought Jersey Week was the first full week of November... so the second full week of November should be okay (save for Sunday, I would imagine) because my guess is that Monday those people will be heading back home, and NOT in the parks...

Am I right? :confused3

I just wanted to avoid the full "Jersey" week.

ok so the first full week of november is the 4th-10th....so I should be ok with the second full week. The week after is Thanksgiving(i think)

Our dates are booked 11/11-11/18. :cool1::banana::cheer2::yay::woohoo:

Now I'm reading things about Jersey week?? :eek: I hope that's the first full week of November that way we will miss it.

I have always read it's the first full week of November. But I am new to this whole "planning" thing, so I'm not sure. :confused:

Jersey Week is based on the NJEA Teacher Convention which closes all NJ public schools for a Thursday and Friday in November. If you ever want to check the dates for a given year just go to NJEA's site, http://www.njea.org/teaching-and-learning/pdo-convention

NJEA Convention dates for 2011 are Nov. 10th-11th
2012 Nov. 8th-9th
2013 Nov. 7th-8th

So for those looking to travel November 2012 and wishing to avoid this then I would avoid Wed. Nov. 7th-Mon. Nov. 12th (Veteran's Day) as those would be the peak days for Jersey goers.

That being said I have been to Disney during Jersey Week and really didn't think the crowds were that bad especially when comparing it to the summer months. It's just one state.

Our plan is to arrive on a Sat. night and spend Sun-Fri in the parks to take advantage of UT's five tix + 1 free. I guess we'll just have to make sure that we go to parks on Sun and Mon that are listed as "low-crowd" parks. I think easywdw.com put those days as around a 5-6 out of 10, but it was TouringPlans.com that made me nervous with their 8-9. :scared1:

Meh, it'll be alright. Almost every time I've been to WDW has been during the summer, so I'm going to be on Easy Street, comparatively, either way! :banana:

ok so not bad...i will just avoid MK on the 12th thats all....we will be there the 11th-17th so no need to fly to that park as soon as we get there!!!It would be nice but I have read that mondays are bad for MK anyway.

Our plan is to arrive on a Sat. night and spend Sun-Fri in the parks to take advantage of UT's five tix + 1 free. I guess we'll just have to make sure that we go to parks on Sun and Mon that are listed as "low-crowd" parks. I think easywdw.com put those days as around a 5-6 out of 10, but it was TouringPlans.com that made me nervous with their 8-9. :scared1:

Meh, it'll be alright. Almost every time I've been to WDW has been during the summer, so I'm going to be on Easy Street, comparatively, either way! :banana:
If you normally go during the summer you will have no problem!

ok so not bad...i will just avoid MK on the 12th thats all....we will be there the 11th-17th so no need to fly to that park as soon as we get there!!!It would be nice but I have read that mondays are bad for MK anyway.
That sounds like a good plan!

It's so exciting to start planning:)

I'm a Nov 2012 planner too! I am not sure of exact dates yet, but it would most likely be around Veterans Day. I want to avoid Jersey Week, but also hit the end of Food & Wine. Maybe Nov. 10-16 or something close to that. We will be staying at AKL CL & doing the sunrise safari. I actually had this trip planned & booked for this Nov, but then we canceled it & are now going to DL instead.
The other decision is whether we try MVMCP or not.

I'm planning for Nov 10-17 and am going to try and rent points for a 1br at BWV.

In regards to Jersey Week, is it true that their schools are off for election day too? It's Nov 6, 2012. We've been during Jersey Week and didn't find it to be bad at all. BUT I've repeatedly heard that the week before THanksgiving is awesome so I'm hoping for a great week!

We're taking our three boys from November 27-December 4, 2012. We're trying to rent DVC points for a 1 BR villa, because the kids sleep better in their own room and we like to cook our own meals when we can (picky eaters!). Hopefully we'll be able to get a great villa and will have a great trip!

On a side note...would it be prudent to go ahead and book a Disney Deluxe hotel room that sleeps five (booking opens on the 24th), in case our two DVC choices can't be honored? Or, should we just wait it out and see what happens?

Thanks!

It's called "Fall Season", and I'm not sure how busy the week after Thanksgiving is. I'm hoping it's not too bad! I just need to decide about booking a "backup" soon, and I don't even know which resort I'd choose! I love the looks of the Poly, but it seems to be excluded from a lot of PINS/discounts, and the Contemp. would be fabulous, but I think we'd also enjoy the Epcot resorts and walking to two parks. Oh well, I guess we have a lot of flexibility, so I shouldn't worry about it!

i loved the Poly when we went. I got alot of PINs for that resort but we could only 'use' one of them and many didnt apply to us anyway. Good luck on ur planning~! We should post on here when everyone has there rooms booked and what they are deciding to do when they are there....I know its still awhile yet but I love to read about it

we're going november 1-10 for our wedding and honeymoon :)

i just got our disney room block information and have pretty good discounts for GF, BWI and CSR. anyone can book from the block once i set it up for Oct 31-Nov 11, 2012. my fear is because of the opening of the new part of fantasyland that there won't be many discounts in the fall so i'm going to use our block to book. if you're looking to stay at one of those resorts, pm me and i'll give you the rates. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter