November 2012 Car Rental Deals

Prices seem to be going up for November. I was just looking at Alamo and got a quote of 388.00 for a midsize for a Sat - Sat rental in November.

I was hoping to go with something bigger than a mid size. There will be 3 of us (2 adults and a 5 year old) and I like to keep everything in the trunk. I know on our last day we will have the whole day in Orlando as our flight leaves late and I was hoping for a car with enough trunk space to keep all of our luggage in it.

Will 2 large suitcases, a childs suitcase, a laptop bag, backpack and a few other bags fit in the trunk of a midsize?

Prices seem to be going up for November. I was just looking at Alamo and got a quote of 388.00 for a midsize for a Sat - Sat rental in November.

I was hoping to go with something bigger than a mid size. There will be 3 of us (2 adults and a 5 year old) and I like to keep everything in the trunk. I know on our last day we will have the whole day in Orlando as our flight leaves late and I was hoping for a car with enough trunk space to keep all of our luggage in it.

Will 2 large suitcases, a childs suitcase, a laptop bag, backpack and a few other bags fit in the trunk of a midsize?

I have called a few different places on different weeks and the prices aren't budging!! From what I was told here and from friendly rental car agents, the closer you get the better the prices will be. There should be coupons available - right now the specials are for August and September. So we should be next! I did book something like the above poster suggested and I was told you don't need a credit card. You can change it at anytime.
Three years ago we drove down wih my child in her car seat in a Corolla and it was more than enough room. We even had her stroller in with he luggage. Good luck!

I have called a few different places on different weeks and the prices aren't budging!! From what I was told here and from friendly rental car agents, the closer you get the better the prices will be. There should be coupons available - right now the specials are for August and September. So we should be next! I did book something like the above poster suggested and I was told you don't need a credit card. You can change it at anytime.
Three years ago we drove down wih my child in her car seat in a Corolla and it was more than enough room. We even had her stroller in with he luggage. Good luck!

Thanks! I was hoping we would be ok with a midsize and plan for that......that way if we get anything bigger it will just be a bonus.

I'm just the type of person that likes everything stashed in the trunk and nothing left in the seats. DH would like a bigger vehicle but he'll have to make do...especially with the current rates.

I'm debating on reserving something just to have it on the books or waiting until it gets closer. I really hope the rates drop as this is the last thing I need to secure!!!

I just booked on Thrifty for 11/2-11/12. Click on hot deals on the results page after putting in your dates, base was $204, total was $286 for the 10 days/Ford Focus. I am seeing 1 week rentals for $160 base. Not bad with no promo codes seeing that everywhere else is $500-600!

Just booked a Mini Van for Nov 23rd-30th from National for $314.. i really hope it drops... i also booked my airfare from Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton to Orlando for $227 RT Which was alot cheaper then it was going for...

I just got an Alamo mid-size thru Hotwire for $14.95 per day! Our dates are 11/3 thru 11/10. :cool1::yay:

You got some good rates. Was the pick up and drop off at MCO? My dates Nov 24 - 29 still getting $272.00 for a full size SUV. I'm finding it cheaper to goto the Dolphin for my pick up and drop off then MCO.

Just booked a Mini Van for Nov 23rd-30th from National for $314.. i really hope it drops... i also booked my airfare from Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton to Orlando for $227 RT Which was alot cheaper then it was going for...

With Budget using travelocity code x474200 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off the total inc taxes after coupon is applied when return minivan is $272.

You can get a minivan with Budget using travelocity code x474200 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off for $272 inc taxes after coupon is applied when return vehicle. I just checked Nov 10 - 17th.

You can get a minivan with Budget using travelocity code x474200 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off for $272 inc taxes after coupon is applied when return vehicle. I just checked Nov 10 - 17th.

Thanks webworm, but I think a minivan is more car then we need for the 3 of us...plus having that much room would just encourage me to overpack and cause my DH a twitching eye :lmao:

I will be in Orlando twice in a month. I am looking for November 1-4 and the rates are RIDICULOUSLY high vs same type of car December 1-8. :confused3

Still holding out for something good between Nov 14-Nov 21st. We prefer to go to the agency that allows both of us to drive. Right now I see nothing I'm willing to pay. Insane rates! Was able to snag a minivan from memorial day weekend for 6 days and drop it off at a different location for a less than what they are asking for a compact!:scared1:

Also looking for a car deal - we will be there 11/27 - 12/7.
I remember when renting a car at WDW was cheap!!
kf

new to the thread. Hunting down a mini-van, preferably through National (Emerald Aisle club member for a decade) for Nov 8-17th. So far, pretty high rates. i have found the best deals about 2 weeks out. Looking for something decent to book now as a placeholder and just keep rebooking as new coupons/discounts arise. Will consider Alamo too.

Subbing!

Looking for a car 10/31-11/9. Hoping for a mid-size or larger. Have always done Alamo so hoping for that again. Trying my luck with auto slash on this trip too. Just did it for my parents trip to Hawaii and saved them over $300. I'd rather look up deals myself though, but it gives me a comparison! My current ressie is with Dollar for $247 for mid-size. Auto slash shows $255 right now. So I will join in the waiting until October to get those awesome deals!! :thumbsup2

new to the thread. Hunting down a mini-van, preferably through National (Emerald Aisle club member for a decade) for Nov 8-17th. So far, pretty high rates. i have found the best deals about 2 weeks out. Looking for something decent to book now as a placeholder and just keep rebooking as new coupons/discounts arise. Will consider Alamo too.
we got a mini van for $300 from Budget 11/3-11/10. we used the BCD X474200 and coupon code MUWZ023. I am also waiting for National. We got a quote for over $500.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter