Nov. 2016 Solo (not solo) girls birthday weekend adventure--Update 12/6

It's great you had no lines and kind team members for your birthday trip!

Love the Hogwarts Express hats!

Diagon Alley at night are amazing! I've never seen Hogsmeade at night though.

Sorry for the delay.....first Thanksgiving guests, then the FLU came for a visit...UGH!!
I have a lot of time on my hands currently and need to stay busy. DH is in a 5 hour surgery. Please throw a few prayers or positive thoughts his way!!

Day 2--Tues. Nov. 15th One works out, one sips coffee...

We wake up around 7am to another beautiful Florida day! Mild weather, no rain in forecast. Perfect! BG decides to hit the fitness center for a workout. She's waaaaayyyyyy more dedicated than me. I figure that I walk enough around the parks, lol! I watch some morning shows and lazily get ready while sipping coffee.
We do not feel the need to rush for rope drop, as yesterday was so quiet at the parks. We didn't expect it to be much busier today. This is such a wonderful change of pace for me personally. Normally I hit rope drop every day, especially when visiting WDW.

We leave the room at 9:20am and take the short walk over to IOA.
First up, the new and improved HULK! We missed this in March, so I was excited to ride it. SO COOL! We loved it, and rode it twice! Used EP, no wait. I believe stand by was short as well.

Next up was Doomsday Drop. BG chickened out!!! I told her that Hulk was scarier, but to no avail! So I rode solo....EP...no wait. I believe the wait time was 000 minutes for standby!!

We then ran over to Spiderman, which we both love! Fun times and laughter every minute! EP...no wait.

We decided to skip the water rides. Even the Jurassic ride. I really do enjoy them, but it was still morning, and I didn't want to walk around all soaked. What can I say?? It's a girl/hair/makeup thing...

Next up KONG! I'd also missed this in March, since it wasn't operational at the time.
BG thought it was really great, I was more lukewarm. I hate to say it, but it wasn't thrilling enough for me. Kong should be thrilling,scary, more suspense. I guess I expected more coaster, less train ride. Sorry!!

BG had never been on Pteranodon Flyers, and the wait was only 15 minutes. That's a short wait for this ride, especially midmorning. I knew the chances were slim, but it never hurts to ask...
There were 2 TM's, and we said, "Pretty please... it's our birthday(s) trip..."
One said yes, the other said no! What?!? I believe the one TM was trying to give us a bday treat to ride, but the other was a rule follower to the tee. It ended up no. Bummer! But oh, well....we moved on.

We then wandered over to the Hogsmeade area. Rode Forbidden Journey, it was a walk on. We planned to take the Hogwarts Express back to London, so BG could ride the train in each direction. This was a walk on, and we shared our car with 2 other muggles. Such a fantastic ride!

By now we were hungry, and decided to go back to the Hard Rock for lunch and freshen up a bit. As we were walking, BG asked, "Have you ever seen the Blue Man Group?" She had seen them in Las Vegas years ago, and enjoyed it. So we took a detour to the box office to check out tickets. Apparently there had been an internet special for $29 tickets, due to a low attendance time of the year. Those tickets sold out fast though, as even the worker at the box office was unable to take advantage of that promotion. We were able to get AP rate tickets right next to the premium section for $49 per person. We were happy with the price and seats. So now we had a plan for tonight!!

Up next....Afternoon playing with characters at US and Blue Man group!

Last edited:
Day 2--Tues. Nov. 15th Is that coffee in your cup?

Since we took advantage of the free grocery stop with Tony Hinds, we had lots of snacks in our room. We nibbled on cheese/crackers/lunchmeat/fruit, and fixed a lunchtime vacation cocktail. We each caught up with family members and answered a few emails. Soon enough we were anxious to get more park time!
We again took the pleasant river side stroll to the security area. The security guards noticed our coffee cups and said, "I bet that's not coffee ladies!" We both bust out laughing and he congratulated us for having a truly FUN, NO KID, GOOD TIME! Adults having a good time is certainly encouraged at Universal Orlando! We were never rowdy, disrespectful, or out of control. Just two middle aged ladies having a blast!!

We had so many cool character interactions at US this afternoon...
We saw, in no particular order, because I cannot accurately remember...
Beatle Juice
Popeye
Hello Kitty
Betty Boop
Marge, Lisa and Bart Simpson
Lucille Ball
Megatron (I think)?
Minions

We did not wait in line to meet the Transformer, since we weren't even sure of his name. That was the only line up of people we saw of the whole trip. Probably a line of 15 groups waiting to meet Megatron (?)

In between all the character meets, we also rode some attractions.

1. Rode Transformers , EP no wait. Both loved this, almost tied with Spiderman!

2. Rode Minions, EP no wait. Love the Banana smell!
Awkward/weird story...as we exited Minions ride, the Minions were out and having a dance party. A family near us was trying to include their teenage daughter in the fun. She was CLEARLY not having it! Protesting loudly, saying how much she hated it here. She ended up yelling at her parents, stormed off and burst out sobbing!
Yikes! That's why it's good to occasionally leave the kiddos at home. No shame in our dance party!!

3. We saw the Horror Make-up Show. I always enjoy this show and it was awesome as expected. The, ahem, "volunteer", was a good natured lady from Chicago. The actors congratulated her on the Cubs winning the World Series, but gave her a bit of crap about how bad the Bears are. I loved it since us Green Bay fans have no respect for the Bears! BG really enjoyed this show and was scared by the "surprise" at the very end!

4. Next we wandered over to London area and hopped onto Gringotts ride. Single rider, 3 minute wait and we sat together.
(I think this photo may be from FJ, but still HP themed)

5. Stopped at Finnegans. While technically not a ride...we had a fantastic time!
Had a cocktail and listened to some live music. Really relished taking time out to enjoy aspects of the parks that we'd never seen before on kid/family trips.

6. Rode Mummy on the way out of the park. This one never disappoints! EP, no wait!

During our travels around the park, we also caught a few of the street shows. Great talent here!
Marilyn and the Diamond Bellas
Beat Builders
Flying Fish Market

Up next...our FABULOUS dinner and Blue Man Group!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter