Noticing a lot of stripped contracts on resale.

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by AdamsMum, Nov 29, 2018.

1. AdamsMum

AdamsMum Mouseketeer

Has anyone noticed a lot of stripped contracts available. They are small contracts so traditionally those go fast, but some don't have any points until 2020 or 2021, and they aren't listed for a low price. I'm always checking out small resale contracts, on the fence about whether to add, but these aren't encouraging.

2. Marionnette

Marionnette Children see magic because they look for it

Small contracts tend to have been addons for people who own larger contracts. It's not unusual for people to begin downsizing after dues are announced. A savvy seller will transfer or use the points before selling a small contract because they know that a loaded contract is not going to get them an appreciable increase in the final price. Of course, there are also a number of sellers who are not aware or inclined to do this, so there will be some loaded contracts out there. I'm currently in ROFR for a small VGF contract (Dec UY) that has all of its 2017 points (banked) and 2018 points. They're out there. You just have to be vigilant and be in touch with an agency so that they can contact you when the right contract comes up.

Novakm likes this.
  3. CookieandOatmeal

CookieandOatmeal DIS Veteran

I’ve been watching the small resale contracts too and want to see if I can catch a good deal. I’m in no hurry to add on so will keep my eyes peeled.

4. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

I recently listed 2 of my small contracts and when preparing to list I was told, by brokers, that I would not get reimbursed for 2018 dues so I transferred most of my 2018 out into my other UY. I left a few points and all 2019 points so that the contracts would be attractive. No offers yet. Listed 2 weeks ago.