not_joanna_eggs' PJ - 1/24/2010 WP/CG: TR: MK/Epcot Photo shoot link posted

WOW- congrats on finding your dress at such an awesome price! congrats on picking a photographer too! :goodvibes

Thanks! I couldn't believe it! My dad was cringing when we told him we bought a dress. We had to show him the receipt, he didn't believe us!

Ummm you are in no way considered a "wedding slacker" You will now be known as "Queen of the Bargin!" I cannot believe you bought a wedding dress for $89!!!! That is amazingggggggggg! I am in awe of you right now:worship: !

You must be so happy, and what a huge thing to cross off your list! Congrats Joanna! :yay:

Seriously, when I said my mom and I were just dazed I wasn't kidding - we couldn't believe it either! It was a huge weight off my sholders, I finally feel like an official bride. :bride:

And I thought I was getting a good deal at $780, :eek: oh well...that's awesome about the dress for $89. Can't wait to see pictures! Too funny that the veil and alterations are going to end up more than the dress itself. Just think how much you will get to take it in by then, the weight will have kept falling off by then...good luck!!:dance3:

I know, I can't believe it either! We originally weren't even going to buy the veil yesterday, but it matched and we felt guilty that the consultant had spent like 3 hrs. with us and we bought an $89 dress :rotfl:

I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures and leaving the dress there. The shop was closed today, and I have an event to work at tomorrow until 9, so I won't be able to stop then either. Grrr :headache:

I'm down over 70 lbs already. I'm actually begining to notice it myself.

I followed your post from my PJ to yours! All caught up now. Congrats on finding a wedding dress for $89. That's amazing. I thought I did a good job getting a bargain on mine, but mine is nothing compared to yours!!!

Welcome :flower3: Hope I didn't bore you too much! I couldn't believe the deal either!

not_Joanna_eggs I'm down over 70 lbs already. I'm actually begining to notice it myself.

Ummm holy cow!! You lost a 9 year old!!! Thats awesome Joanna, congrats!!! You will def keep me motivated!!!:yay: :woohoo:
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

I love your PJ

oh my god find me a dress for $89 lol even £89 please lol

I love it that you have your sis on your PJ

keep us posted with more

I am not a bride, but I have an idea about your catholic wedding problem. If your officiant Bob is coming down to Orlando with you, would it be possible for him to marry the two of you inside a catholic church in Orlando in the early morning of your wedding day very quietly and then have the cremony at Disney in the afternoon as planned?

:banana: :banana: :banana: YAY 70lbs you are doing great!!!:dance3:
Thanks! Even my Dr. was impressed by how quickly the weight is comming off. It's a great feeling - and a great excuse to go shopping :rotfl:

Ummm holy cow!! You lost a 9 year old!!! Thats awesome Joanna, congrats!!! You will def keep me motivated!!!:yay: :woohoo:
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Thanks! Your comment made me think of those creepy Kristie Ally Weight Watchers commercials from a few years ago where she's bouncing on a ball and chasing some poor 9 year old claiming she lost that much weight. So then I had that thought about me... okay - that was a scary trip into my head :scared1: But it made me laugh, so I'm sharing - THANKS!!

I love your PJ

oh my god find me a dress for $89 lol even £89 please lol

I love it that you have your sis on your PJ

keep us posted with more

Thanks for reading! If I had any secrets about finding the dress I'd share - but I'm striking this one up to dumb luck!

I am not a bride, but I have an idea about your catholic wedding problem. If your officiant Bob is coming down to Orlando with you, would it be possible for him to marry the two of you inside a catholic church in Orlando in the early morning of your wedding day very quietly and then have the cremony at Disney in the afternoon as planned?

Thanks for the idea. I asked, and it would be possible, he would have to get special permission from our Archdiocese to preform a ceremony in FL, and then from the FL Archdiocese to preform a ceremony in their area.. and then find a church in FL that would allow us to do so - on a Sunday. It's all just so complicated! :confused: We talked to my mom, and (at least for now) she's okay with not being involved in the "official" ceremony at home and just accept the one in FL. So being able to keep that "family free" will uncomplicate it and we'll have friends witness then no feeling are hurt and we're the evil ones if it comes out. So in short, to keep things simple, we'll be married before we get married :rotfl2:

Okay - so this weekend turned into non-stop work craziness, and next week doesn't look better, and (poor me) I'm going to the Caribbean with my mom next weekend - so I don't think I'll make it out to pick up my dress before we go to Disney in March. But never-fear my mom snuck a picture before we left - though they're not of me in the dress, it'll give you an idea.

It's Demetrios - but I don't know the style #

It's a scoop halter - A-line with all-over detailing

here's the detail:
Picture007.jpg

And here's the whole dress in it's on the hanger blob-like glory
Picture006.jpg

Other than that I'm so busy with real-life stuff that I'm not doing too much wedding stuff right now.

I decided to wait to send the STDs until after our site visit in March to make sure that we still like the locations that we've picked out after we see them. My family is confused easily, and I'm indecisive - not a good combination :rotfl:

zOMG I haven't been on here FOREVER!!! Sorry sis.

But wait... I'm not that sorry. You just went on a cruise and then you were in Disney for a week with mom and dad while I was busy MOVING!! Lame >_<

Alright, so playing catch up here. You have the date and the places set post this trip to Disney (that I wasn't invited on). You have the dress and the veil. You at least have the material for the STDs if not the entire content. What else do you still need to do?

Thanks for posting the pic of your dress. The design on it kinda matches what we got for my dress... even though I'm pretty sure traditionally we're supposed to match it the other way around ^_^' But regardless... I can't wait to see you in it ^_^ even if it does have "blob-like glory"

I'm so proud of you for losing 70lbs already! I'm gonna have to get on that train too. Living in amish country for 8 months did not do wonders for my figure. eh-heh.

Any more news on the MIL front??

Keep us posted! You know how nosey we all are! ^_~*

P.S. The pics of me are great ^_^' I love the one of me being attacked by the swarm of leaf-birds.

I swear I'm still alive between 2 two-week vacations over the last 3 weeks I've had a mountian of work at work and home. I promise updates and a TR. I'm typing as we speak.

Your dress is absolutely stunning, enjoy this time it goes by so quick;)

Saturday - We’re HEEEEERE

After waking up ungodly early Saturday morning, and trudging to the airport - bright pink suitcase in tow - and getting caught in a security line and almost missing the plane…. We were off!! The flight itself was uneventful and we were so tired that we both slept most of the way anyway. When we finally touched down in Orlando and began to gather our stuff, reality set it. About 3 years ago I broke my foot. I’m not really sure how - I was just standing there and then CRUNCH. It wasn’t a bad break, but it never healed properly, so I occasionally have trouble with it. Especially on planes. The change in pressure causes it to swell, and it makes it hard and painful to walk. I’ve been doing pretty well on my last few plane trips, but this one was horrible. I was almost in tears! Every time I put pressure on my foot it felt like it might explode. But I so excited to be in Disney that I would hobble and then sit and hobble and sit. It was pathetic. I’m sure I looked crazy, but we eventually made it to the ME line and waited and waited, while I whined and texted my mom to tell her we'd landed.

Finally we got on the bus and it was nap time again for me. DF finally woke me up because we hit the “Welcome to Disney World” sign - so no picture  And we were at POP shortly. I’d never stayed at a value before - and I’m not quite sure I will ever again - more on that later - so I wasn’t sure what to expect. We checked in around noon and pleasantly, there was a room available for us. So we trudged to our room to drop off our carry-ons and head out. I had chosen a non-prefered room to save some cash, so I was expecting to have a room at the edge on the universe… So I was pleasantly surprised when we got our room location on the 4th floor of the 70s building - right by Classic Hall. After quickly scoping our new digs and deciding that they were fine since we didn’t plan on spending much time in the room anyway, we were off to Animal Kingdom. This was a last minute flip a coin decision which park to go to since our Original flight was supposed to land at 3:30 and we didn’t think we’d get any park time. Animal Kingdom turned out to be a genius choice! We arrived around 2:30 to throngs of people leaving the park. It was only open until 5 that day, and my guess was people were leaving to switch parks. So after grabbing some grub from Flame Tree BBQ (Sorry no pictures - but I’m pretty sure you all know what BBQ chicken looks like) and being attacked by some overly aggressive ducks…. We headed to Dinosaur because it was closest. We were just going to grab a fast pass, when we looked at the standby time - 5 minutes. Okay - we’ll do that.

125_2501.jpg

Yes, we're geeks – this is our favorite sign!

5 minutes later we emerged and decided to head to Everest.

100_0114.jpg

100_0115.jpg

There was a 15 minute standby wait for this, but a CM came up to us and asked us if we’d like fast passes - hells yah! So we walked right on Everest and then stood in the stand by line for 10 minutes and rode it again. By then the stand by time was 20 minutes, so being line snobs we got fast passes and went on one of the jungle treks, and then headed to Kali River Rapids, there was only a 5 minute wait there, but we decided that we weren’t in the mood to get wet. Where are all the people? So we went back to Everest and rode it 3 more times with no wait. It was about 4:45 at this point, so we decided to head back to the hotel and get ready for our dinner reservations. But on the way we passed Dinosaur and decided to ride that 2 more times, and then head out. Note to self - go to AK in the afternoon! So we headed back to the hotel where our luggage was waiting for us, and unpacked and changed and went straight to the busses. We just hopped on the first bus that was there - it happened to be Epcot - to catch a bus to the AK lodge. We got there a bit early, and went out in the back to the savanna to see the animals. Once we arrived, I requested a table in the wine room so I could scope it out since there was to be a meeting there when we had our site visit and we wouldn’t be able to see it then. We sat at the bar and started talking to the bartender - DF used to work at a brewery, so he befriends just about every bartender we meet by talking technical beer stuff (yawn) Well it turns out that this bartender is from our home town! He asked DF where he was from, and he said M-wa-kee. The bartender laughed and said - well yes you are! (If you haven’t ever been to Milwaukee, this probally doesn’t make sense, but we really can tell if someone isn’t from the area, because they pronounce the “l”) So we were talking to him for a while, and the buzzer went off, and I went to get the table and DF was going to pay the bar tab. Well 30 min. later, he came and joined me. Apparently the bartender went to the same high school as us (a few years earlier than us) and knew some of the same people (insert demonic children singing that annoying song….)

So anyway, as I was waiting for DF, I was scoping the room out and the manager came over to talk to me. I’m sure I looked weird staring at the walls and stuff. And I explained that I was having my wedding reception at Disney and I was down there looking at spaces and I was interested in that room, but it was unavailable when I had my site visit. So she graciously started explaining everything to me and brought menus and a business card. The space was awesome, but it’s not really what I’m going for, but I’m glad I saw it - it’s way prettier in person than in the pictures my WC sent me.

JikoWineRoom2.jpg

WineRoom2.jpg

So we ordered dinner. We hadn’t really eaten anything all day except the 1/2 chicken at AK that we split, so we were both starving. We ordered the mussels right away and then began deliberating about what else to get. The mussels came out and we ordered the duck salad to split, DF ordered the ribs and I got the Shrimp. We’re eating our mussels, and then the duck salad is brought to our table. How tacky - it sat there since we were obviously still eating. (Sorry I should warn - I’m a total snob when it comes to service) Finally we finished our mussels and started on the duck salad which was ok- not what I was expecting. My shrimp was way too spicy, but the server warned me it would be spicy - I just wasn’t expecting it to be that spicy - you know? But it was my fault, so I didn’t say anything. So by this time we’re stuffed, but we were on the dining plan so we had to get dessert. I ordered the chocolate cheesecake and DF got the lemon curd with blueberries. In what would become a common theme on this trip - I liked his dessert better than mine and vice versa. So we switched. By this point we were stuffed, when the manager I had been talking to earlier comes out with a crème brule and congratulates us on our engagement. How sweet. We obliged and managed to eat most of it. After we waddled out of Jiko and onto a bus to Downtown Disney, we had planned on wandering around downtown, but we were both so tired and full that we just hopped on our bus back to the POP and called it a night.

Sunday - In the future…everything will be broken!
I had sworn to myself and Chris that I would relax on this trip, so I tried my hardest. I allowed us *DF* to sleep until almost 10:30 the first morning before getting antsy and demanding that he get up and we go to EPCOT. Now I love DF, but to say he’s not a morning person would be the understatement of the year. He’s like one of those cartoon characters that is all bleary eyed until someone cracks their head open and pours a bunch of coffee down their throat. So by me waking him up at 10:30, he had finally showered and gotten dressed by 11:45. I was going nuts at this point. I was nearly pacing around the room. He was still groggy so we when to the POP food court to get him some coffee, and then be on our way. By the time we reached EPCOT he was finally registering things and able to have a conversation and complaining he was hungry. Ahh - love. So once we entered EPCOT...

100_0118.jpg

we headed straight to Sunshine Seasons and to get a fast pass to Soarin’. I have no idea what I had to eat - it obviously wasn’t memorable - but I did get the carrot cake - EWW. Now I like carrot cake a lot. In fact when I lived with my grandpa, we had it almost every night since it was his favorite. But this was so icky sweet and processed tasting I couldn’t stomach it. DF’s apple pie was delicious though  So our Soarin’ fast passes weren’t good until 5:45, so we decided to go on the little boat ride through the green houses. DF had never been on them and there was no wait.

100_0117.jpg

wow – pumpkins! Exciting!

Then we headed to Mission Space, which was a favorite of ours when were there in 2004, but we only got to ride 3 times because the lines were always so long. This time there was never more than a 20 minute wait. So we rode it 2 times in a row. Then we went to Test track and once again got to the front of the line and the ride went down. Before this trip, I’d actually only ever gotten as far as the seat belt check - the ride always seems to break when I’m on it. So about 10 minutes later, the ride comes back online, and we were off. DF liked it, but I must say I was rather bored by the ride. It was like 3:00 so we headed to Mexico for a margarita. We did the little ride, and that broke down too, right near the end, so for like 10 minutes we got to listen to Donald sputtering “Adios Amigos” not annoying at all. Then we then headed through Norway, but the line for Maelstrom was like 45 minutes, so we went on to China.
100_0131.jpg

100_0120.jpg

There we got some Plum wine slushie thing that was delicious, and decided to head back to Soarin’ for our fast pass time. We did Soarin’ and then headed to the Living Seas because I was curious what they did with Nemo. Well than that blasted ride broke too (Seriously either EPCOT’s getting all hoopty or it’s me!) We decided that Epcot’s new slogan should be “In the future - mechanics will still have jobs” So we swore off rides for the rest of the day and went back to drinking around the world.

We were going to take the boat to Germany since we didn’t care about missing the Outpost, but the dock at Germany is broken, so we ended up getting off at Mexico and stopping in Norway for some school bread and an almond pretzel thingy. This was the one time where we liked what we ordered better that what each other ordered. We headed up to Germany and DF got a beer and I ogled the pretty glass necklaces. We the went to Italy where I got a Rosa Regale which was good, but a bit too sweet for me. We stopped to take an obligatory picture

100_0132.jpg

By the time we hit Japan I was plumb tuckered out so we headed to France to stake our spot on the French Arm to watch Illuminations, except someone was having their wedding reception on the lower island and the whole thing was blocked off. The really nice CM let me scope out the Arm (since it was only being used as a kitchen) and but she requested we not take pictures, so we did that later in the trip. So then we went over the bridge to gawk at the reception for a bit - couldn’t really see much. I wasn’t too concerned since we were going back later that week and I’d get to watch them then. I was getting tired and crabby, so we just headed back to the hotel and skipped illuminations.

100_0133.jpg

Once we got to the hotel though, I decided I was hungry, and we hopped on the bus to DDD. We went to WPE and had dinner - good but not memorable - I think I had the mac and cheese. I was so stuffed and crabby and my feet hurt that again we skipped walking around downtown and just headed back to the hotel.

Monday - Tonga Toast, Paparazzi, and Rollercoasters - Oh My!

(sorry for the lack of pictures – I was really crabby this day)

Today Stitch woke me up at 7:30 - seriously, they need a less annoying character for the wake-up calls! And I got showered and ready for our pictures with Randy. I was fully showered and dressed with makeup on when DF finally had enough of me clanging about and got up himself. We went to get him coffee and hopped on the bus to the MK. We then took the monorail to the Poly to try some Tonga Toast. The whole time I’m freaking out because I’m second guessing myself and I’ve convinced myself we’re meeting Randy at 9:30, not 10:30. I brilliantly left all the info including his phone number and appointment time on my desk at work. DF is telling me I’m nuts and to enjoy my breakfast. So we get to Captain Cook’s and order our Tonga toast (mmmmm) and I try to relax. It’s not working, so I convince DF to go to the GF as soon as we’re done gobbling our Tonga toast in record time. So we hopped on the monorail and proceeded to wait in the GF lobby for 45 minutes, because we were supposed to meet him at 10:30. Geesh. I really am a spaz.

So we finally meet Randy and start taking pictures - which I will post as soon as I get. It was sort of funny as we’re taking our pictures 2 separate times people stopped him to tell him that he took pictures at their or their daughters or whomever’s wedding. It was kind of weird/cool.

So after we ditched our paparazzi, we headed to DHS, where we found… All the people that hadn’t been at the other parks!! It was a mad house. So we wandered into Muppets and then to the stunt show.
100_0135.jpg

I think we hit Star Wars too. I was really quite overwhelmed with all the people and just in a pissy mood, so I wanted to head to the boardwalk for our dinner reservations, but DF really wanted to ride Rockin’ Rollercoaster. So we looked at the standby line and it said 30 minutes. That would be okay, so we jumped in. 45 minutes later, I’m getting antsy and worried we’ll miss our reservations, so we finally get on Rocking Rollercoaster and the book it out of the park. My feet were killing me, so I resigned to taking the boat even though they’re slooooooooooooooow.

So we got off at the Swalphin and walked/ran to the Flying Fish. We checked in like 2 minutes late, but whateves. We were told our table would be ready in just a few minutes. So we sat down and proceeded to watch people with reservations and walk-ups get seated before us. It was starting to get a bit ridiculous. So I walked up to the counter and politely pointed out we had been waiting for over 20 minutes and were wondering how much longer of a wait we should expect. The host looked at me with this look of panic like I’d just told him I wanted to eat his brains and told me just a few more minutes. I went and sat down and watched the hosts and managers behind the counter scurry around and talk in hushed tones. They had lost our little receipt and given our table to a walkup group.

So we finally got seated and had a lovely dinner - except the waiter kept picking on me! It was all in good fun, but I was crabby and I had to restrain myself from snapping “if I wanted to be ridiculed at dinner I would have booked Whispering Canyon” DF really wanted the cheese pate which was quite boring, and then I had the Salmon and he had Scallops I think. Quite delicious. In fact we both agreed that this was the best meal we had there - and then came dessert. I had chocolate peanut butter bread pudding. I can’t even describe how good it was. I regretted having the yummy tuna because I could only eat one. It was that amazing. I was so enthralled with my dessert I have no idea what DF had - Key lime pie maybe? I had no interest in trying whatever he was eating mine was that good! It made my mood significantly better

So then we headed back to DHS because they had EMH and we rushed to Toy Story Mania because the line had been consistently over 90 minutes all day. It was at about 35, so we hopped in. After this I was ready to hit rocking roller coaster again, but the line was 70 minutes.

100_0137.jpg

DF upon learning he'd have to wait in another line.

We later learned that this was spring break week and there were over 50 high school groups at WDW that week for various music goings on. So naturally they were all at the roller coasters and not drinking around the world so we hadn’t run into them yet. So we hopped in the single rider line and were in and out in like 25 minutes. We figure that on rides like that you’re not clinging to each other and the only reason to be in the same car is to get the picture, and that wasn’t going to happen so whatever. We checked out TOT too, but the line was crazy long and neither of us are huge fans, so we just headed back to the hotel.

100_0140.jpg

Tuesday - Mmmmm alcohol...wait - what's that on my bed??

So Tuesday we had a MK day. We were both tired and I woke up at 3 am coughing and hacking and feeling like my throat was on fire. Everyone at my work had been sick the week before I left and I told myself I refused to get sick before our engagement pictures. So apparently hours after they were done, it was time for me to get sick. So popped some cold pills that I’d wisely brought along in anticipation and crawled back into bed. But I couldn’t get comfortable in that tiny bed with DF so I crawled into the other bed and in a unprecedented event - DF woke up before me! He looked at me really concerned like why are you in the other bed, did I kick you out? I explained that I wasn’t feeling well and didn’t want to disturb him - he seemed relieved. Originally I had a 7:00 reservation at Kona, but Chris’s friend called and they were in Orlando as well and headed to the MK that day, so we thought we’d meet up with them and watch the fireworks DF wanted me to cancel the ressie, but there were no concrete plans, so I compromised and switched our Kona reservations to 9pm. Can I just say that the hold music that Disney Dining has is the most annoying ever!

So we headed to the MK around 1:00 and immediately started doing every ride/attraction in sight. We did Stitch - why??? And TTT and Space Ranger Spin and Astro Orbiter. Then we got a fast pass to Space Mountain and headed to Pooh and Snow White and PhilharMagic. The we went back to Space Mountain - why did I love that ride when I was little? I think I’m still sore from it! We grabbed some lunch at Cosmic Rays - our only “junk” food of the trip! We really hadn’t waited in a line longer than 15 minutes so when the Peter Pan line said 30 we said “why not” And HOUR and a HALF (no joke) later we got on the ride. I have no idea what was going on, or why we didn’t just ditch the line, but we waited and let me tell you I like the Peter Pan ride, but so not worth a 90 minute wait!

So after that I was pissed and did not want to wait in line, so we hopped on the train and took it to Frontier Land.

100_0143.jpg

100_0144.jpg

DF really liked the train for some weird reason.

Where again we discovered all the people. The line was over 90 minutes long. They apparently were all in line for Splash Mountain because Big Thunder Mountain had a 10 minute wait. So we road that like 3 times. We grabbed a fast pass for Splash Mountain, and then headed to Adventure land. Where we literally walked on Pirates - like I said all the people were in line for Splash Mountain. Feeling cocky we went in the line for Jungle cruise and planned to hit the Tiki Room next. Well the stupid Jungle cruise line was over an hour as well - again, I don’t know what the problem was. So we went back to Big Thunder Mountain and road that like 3 more times before our fast passes became good for Splash Mountain. All day DF had been trying to get a hold of his friend to no avail - glad I didn’t cancel our ressie! So it was almost time for Wishes and we headed to Main Street to get a good spot.

100_0197.jpg

100_0197.jpg

After Wishes we hopped on the monorail and headed to the Poly. After checking in at Kona we headed to the bar where I discovered my new favorite drink - the Magical Star. Okay yes, it has a glow cube, but it’s delicious as well. Mmmmmm. Finally at 9:30 we were seated and our waitress seemed frazzled. After about 10 minutes I realized why. The table next to us was demanding and rude, the table behind us had 3 children in full melt-down mode, and the one on the other side of us was trying like hell to get out of there! So she comes and takes our order and I started out the way I always do - telling the wait staff about my strawberry and beer allergies. So she looks at me and says - well don’t even think about ordering the chicken (which had strawberries on it) I wasn’t planning on it, but I really didn’t need the attitude - like it’s my fault that I have an allergy. The chef came out and talked to me, and I promised it wasn’t a big deal and we continued our meal. The waitress did calm-down and warm up a bit after the two tables around us left. I think she was just having one of those days. She told us that the rude table next to us had several allergies that they didn’t mention until after they’d eaten dessert and then got mad at the waitress for not telling them that their was cinnamon in the bread or something to that effect. Still - not my problem - I don’t need your ‘tude - I was nice about my allergy!

So then I ordered a Lapu Lapu and I think she felt bad for me for snapping at me because what she came back with was the biggest Lapu Lapu I’ve ever seen. Seriously, It was bigger than my head!

100_0149.jpg

The one I had later in the trip was 1/2 the size!

100_0148.jpg

Mmmmm alcohol-y

I decided my new tactic to get rid of my cold was to get all the germs drunk so they’d pass out and leave me alone. So I drank the whole thing myself 

We had a sushi roll which was okay, and then I had the macadamia crusted Mahi Mahi and some chocolate dessert. As you can tell from my description, it was good - not great.

Stuffed to our gills we headed to the bus. It was almost 11:30, so the only bus we could take was to DDD. When we got there the bus to the POP was pulling away, but he stopped for us and the other 3 families that got off the Poly bus - how nice. So we headed back to our room and I was full and a bit buzzed from my gigantic rum-filled pineapple (Panic- it’s filled with 151 - for realz!) so imagine the double-take I did when I looked at the bed expecting maybe a towel animal, and saw this instead.

100_0150.jpg

EWWW someone’s binky is on my bed. EWWWWWWWW.

After DF assuring me that he hadn’t been sucking on a pacifier the night before, I called the front desk - in shock. The response was to ball up the sheets and put it outside the door. I hung up and thought about that and decided that was the stupidest thing in the world. So I got my shoes on and proceeded to the front desk to talk to a manager. DF was grumbling and said he was going to bed (in the non-binkyafied bed of course), so I went alone. I politely asked to see a manager and explained my situation. I could see the manager getting yelled at by a different family, and decided I definitely wasn’t going to go that route. I just explained that I wanted to report it because I wanted to make sure no one else was in our room, and that it was being cleaned everyday, since we’d been there for 4 days so a pacifier just randomly showing up in our room was a bit icky. The manager laughed and said she understood - but in my opinion didn’t seem as shocked as I thought she should have. She said she’d talk with housekeeping and run a report on our door to make sure no one had been in there. She offered to have someone come in and change the sheets that night, but DF was already asleep, so I declined. Instead I let that thing mock me all night.

Wednesday - 3-2-1- Bust!

Wednesday was the day I had been looking forward to all week. Shuttle day! I’ve been OBSESSED with NASA since I was a child. In fact I often joke with DF that the only reason I would consider taking his last name (Kranz) is so I could tell people I am related to my hero Gene Kranz of Apollo 13 Flight Director fame. Seriously, when we’d have to write papers about “great Americans” in grade school I’d always choose him, and no one would know who he was. I’m such a dork! So imagine the squeeling and screaming that went on when the day before we left for Orlando NASA announced that the shuttle would be launched on Wednesday. I almost had to pull to the side of the road I was so excited when I heard this on the radio. I immediately called my dad and we began making plans to meet and drive out to the coast. My parents were planning on being in FL that week visiting friends in Tampa and then coming to our site visit on Thursday, and then to a conference on Friday. So on Wednesday, I was like a little kid running around our room jumping up and down so excited about getting to see the shuttle launch.

I woke up at like 7am just full of energy - but voiceless. So we headed to the AK to knock out a few rides before we met my parents. Well we managed to do the Safari - once.

Ohh...animals
100_0167.jpg

more animals....
100_0158.jpg

and for a change of pace – water animals.
100_0154.jpg

That was about it. And we even had a fast pass. AK is one of those parks that everyone and their brother goes to in the morning, and then they head to the other parks at night. We had noon reservations at Yak and Yetti, so we headed there. We were seated right away (first and only time this happened to us!) I got honey chicken and DF got the Mahi Mahi. Both were good, but nothing spectacular. For dessert, I got Mango pie, which was both delicious and totally weird all at once. DF had this wanton pineapple thing that he said was quite good. One thing to note is this was the only place where they wouldn’t let me get a mixed (fruity) drink because they didn’t know what were in the fruit juices they used and didn’t want to accidently contaminate me. Good they told me - scary they don’t know what they’re serving.

So after lunch we hopped on the bus back to the POP to get ready and meet my parents. We’re getting off the bus and my mom calls saying they’re about to leave the hotel but they hadn’t had lunch so they were going to stop (thanks for telling me this after we had lunch and after we left AK) So in lieu of being stuck in our cootie filled room for a few hours, I recommend to my mom to have lunch in DDD and we would meet them there. Genius. She asked me to bring some towels to sit on for the launch, so we headed up to the room. Where we were greeted by like 5 towel animals - and no pacifier 

So after looking at the towels in the room, I decided we’d stop at World of Disney on our way to meet my parents to buy a blanket to sit on. So we do - and only got a few crazy looks for buying a fleece blanket in 85 degree weather. And we headed to Fultons to meet my parents. They had the slowest waiter ever, and at 3:15 when we arrived they were just being served the (cold) appetizer they ordered (they arrived before 2) So once they were done, we decided to head to Goofy’s to blow our snack credits on some treats for the launch. As we’re checking out, my parents headed to the car. We finally got through the line and paid - worst system ever - and were 3/4 of the way to the car when my mom’s friend called.

The launch was cancelled. WHAT?!?!?!?! I was heart broken. I quickly checked CNN on my phone and confirmed. Words don’t describe how bummed I was. I’m sure I looked like someone had just told me the tooth fairy didn’t exist. But then we also had 8 snack credits and $10 worth of sugar we’d just bought. Boo. So we went back to World of Disney and returned the blanket (I didn’t want it mocking me - haha you didn’t get to see the shuttle and you spent $30 on me) and walked around for a while.

My mom is notorious for not knowing what she wants to do, and not listening to you when you give her 1000 suggestions. So we sat outside WOD for a really long time until she decided that taking a boat to check out POFQ wouldn’t be bad.

I took a funny picture with my phone, but it's being stupid and I can't retrieve it.

I had been struggling to pick a moderate resort for our room block and just sort of rock paper scissored myself into POFQ. I liked it because it was smaller, and location. So we walked around a bit and talked to the DVC person who was from the town where my dad grew up (insert demonic children again…) We then had to decide where/when to make dinner reservations. Seriously it’s like pulling teeth, without novocaine, or a dentist. Though, I learned that if I was able to spin anything to “well I’m looking at it for my wedding” then it was a lot easier to get her to go along with it. So we called to see if we could get ressies at Citricos - because she wanted to check out the GF. We got 9:10 reservations, so we headed back to DDD and to the GF. We watched Wishes from the beach and showed them where the WP was.

100_0181.jpg

100_0184.jpg

100_0202.jpg

100_0194.jpg

After Wishes, we made our way up to Citricos. We got a nice table by the window - where our waiter unknowingly kicked us while we were down by telling us that we’d have a perfect view of the shuttle launch from our seats if it hadn’t been canceled.

I got the swordfish and my mom got the chicken - I can’t remember what my dad and DF got, but it was all very good. Then it was time for dessert and my dad and DF got the lots of chocolate - with tiara - (we found that hilarious) I got a lemon cheesecake with raspberry sauce. Both delicious. This was the day before DF birthday and 2 days before my birthday so they decorated our plates. (we still had to pay though) And we got to keep our menus - they said happy birthday, but we both left them at the restaurant.

100_0204.jpg

So then after getting lost and almost dying (what only 2 red lights were run and 1 person honked at us because we almost merged into them…) we made our way back to the POP with plans to meet at the WP at 12:45 the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter