not_joanna_eggs' PJ - 1/24/2010 WP/CG: TR: MK/Epcot Photo shoot link posted

I vote for dress number one, although I like the back of the last dress! I don't like the halter style, but that's just me. I'm no help whatsoever am I? lol!! :rotfl2:

What a beautiful ring!!! :thumbsup2

i love the train on the last dress but love the bodice on the 1st! The bodice on the first really does look good on you.

my vote is for 1st dress!!

We are going to be in Disney from 5th (flying in UK on 4th but will arrive in evening in orlando). and we go home on the 21st i think.

We are hoping to go and visit the franks one the first few days or so to ask to be shown around some locations.

You will see us mostly at DHS!! Hahah!! TOT is our best friend!!

So i might see you there!!

I would go with whatever dress makes you feel the most comfortable, I am a busty girl myself (34E when at my ideal weight) so I know what you mean about wanting straps. On me I am not too keen on how they make my shoulders look, so I am going to invest in a great corset bra to go underneath. There is a company called Scarlett's corset that makes ones with steel closures and aluminum boning to give great support for us. But we still have to tread with caution, keep the girls from running a muck lol. A piece of advice I received for a well taught drag queen, the busty girls should go with a straight across top or a slightly curved neckline, and stay away from a sweetheart or too deep into the cleavage. All that being said, I vote for dress #1:thumbsup2

Thanks for the tip! One of my co-workers (who's a 34 J) told me about them yesterday too... I think I'll be investigating!

I vote for dress number one, although I like the back of the last dress! I don't like the halter style, but that's just me. I'm no help whatsoever am I? lol!! :rotfl2:

What a beautiful ring!!! :thumbsup2

You know... In the store I was all about the halter of #2.... in pictures I think I look like ****zilla :rotfl2: So I think the halter is definately out!

i love the train on the last dress but love the bodice on the 1st! The bodice on the first really does look good on you.

my vote is for 1st dress!!

We are going to be in Disney from 5th (flying in UK on 4th but will arrive in evening in orlando). and we go home on the 21st i think.

We are hoping to go and visit the franks one the first few days or so to ask to be shown around some locations.

You will see us mostly at DHS!! Hahah!! TOT is our best friend!!

So i might see you there!!

I'm with you... I like the detailing and lace of the 2nd one - but the overall look of the 1st! Ugh! I'm like the worst decision maker EVER!

I'm getting excited about Disney - we're big DHS fans too, so perhaps we'll see you there! We have an appointment for a site visit on the 12th, and then my parents will also be there that day, so we've got an ADR at California Grill to test the food. I'm still not sold on that for the reception... but maybe I can be persuaded with some good food :goodvibes

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
It's official - we got our date! It was increadibly anti-climatic. I had built it up as this big thing... I got an email that said I got my date and time - had a small cornary because the time was wrong - called my WC fixed it - and finished eating my lunch. All in all it was quite uneventful.

Okay I NEED to work on my STDS....I even cleaned my bathroom to avoid doing them... :faint:

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
It's official - we got our date! It was increadibly anti-climatic. I had built it up as this big thing... I got an email that said I got my date and time - had a small cornary because the time was wrong - called my WC fixed it - and finished eating my lunch. All in all it was quite uneventful.

Okay I NEED to work on my STDS....I even cleaned my bathroom to avoid doing them... :faint:

Congrats on getting your date!:cool1:

:cheer2: congrats on the date! :cheer2: Thats awesome, I'm sure I will be nervous in 2 weeks when I have to try and confirm mine :scared: lol! All they sent you was an email though? I would have thought they woudl have sent you something with more fanfare, I mean come on it's disney! I want them to sky-write my wedding date over my house :lmao: ! Seriously congrats, now you must feel so relieved.:goodvibes
I have been working on the STD's too, it's not fun...at all... it's just a big pile of work waiting for me when I get home from work... oh well at least I only have to do this once!
What are you doing for your STD's?

:cheer2: congrats on the date! :cheer2: Thats awesome, I'm sure I will be nervous in 2 weeks when I have to try and confirm mine :scared: lol! All they sent you was an email though? I would have thought they woudl have sent you something with more fanfare, I mean come on it's disney! I want them to sky-write my wedding date over my house :lmao: ! Seriously congrats, now you must feel so relieved.:goodvibes
I have been working on the STD's too, it's not fun...at all... it's just a big pile of work waiting for me when I get home from work... oh well at least I only have to do this once!

haha!! sky write your date over your house!! whenever i have been in Disney, in 2007 and 2008 - in the sky was one of those aeroplanes.. but it was writing 'JESUS LOVES YOU' - i have photographic evidence! every time i was in Disney!!!! every day it happened!! haha!!

haha thats so random, I was there in Dec and didnt see Jesus Loves You but did see a smiley face... here it is
n748680262_5275197_9874.jpg
n748680262_5275199_196.jpg

I wanna see this Jesus skywriting lol!

Who is your WC? Bill told me that he has me penciled in for the date, but I assumed nothing was set until the letter of agreement was returned and the deposit made. Is that how yours went?:scratchin

Who is your WC? Bill told me that he has me penciled in for the date, but I assumed nothing was set until the letter of agreement was returned and the deposit made. Is that how yours went?:scratchin

I have Joe. And I believe you're right. He said we could begin the letter of agreement since we have "special venues", but we decided to wait until March after we saw the locations to make a decision. The way I understood it is that now that I'm "penciled in" I can't be bumped by another wedding (I think I still could by a convention...but not a wedding) I'm not 100% sure on this - I was kind of given the impression that my date is pretty open, so I think I'm safe :thumbsup2

I'm sure you'll be fine. Like I said, it was so anti-climactic.... I didn't want sky writing persay... I would have settled for a national holiday or a Presidential decleration :rotfl2:

I don't know what I was expecting - but this wasn't it... But alt least now I feel more secure that I have the date. Wait... that means I have NO excuse to not do my STDs... CRAP! (Yours are awesome by the way)

I'm just doing a traditional STD card - and then doing all the information stuff on a website - yeah have to do that still too... Damn I'm lazy! I think my problem is that most of my job is formatting and coordinating legal update mailings, so the last thing I want to do when I get home is open up photoshop and work on another mailing :sad2:

I promise I'll post one once I've got them done... this weekend...(unless the Superbowl is a good game :lmao: )

oooh hoooo the date is set!!!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: It's a good feeling - like I'm vaildated for being so crazy about it!

sorry to highjack your PJ Joanna pirate:

Did you decide on a dress yet?

pirate: away! Who doesn't love a pollution smily face ;)

No decision yet. I went to a shop that is going out of business tonight and tried on a million dresses. It was/is a special sizes special occasion dress shop that has informal wedding gowns too. So I was trying on all kinds of dresses, and so was my mom. Everything was 75% - 90% off. Most dresses weere $89. Bys of course, I couldn't find anything that looked good on me.. Why would I be able to save money?? :rotfl2:

None of these dresses were even picture worthy - they were all just BAD. Most made me look like a short pudggy sparkly sausage - just what I want to look like for my wedding - a bedazzled side dish!

However, I did get the deal of the CENTURY... The shop specailzed in larger sizes, so naturally they had special sized undergarments... so I got 2 corset bras in a 42FF for $10 total this is absolutly AMAZING! They're normally $100 - $140 :cheer2: :cheer2:

We're going again next weekend to a different store. I have a feeling I'm going to try on like a million dresses and then settle on the first dress... that's just how I am :sad2:

Woo Hoo or ME tags and luggage tags for our March trip came today :cool1:

We leave in just over a month... and 2 weeks before that I'll be soaking up the sun in the Caribbean with my mom :beach: Let's just hope I survive that trip (she's already threatening to throw me overboard by the 3rd day) and can make it to Disney.

I'm re-arranging my ADRs and planning out our days. We haven't been to WDW since 2004, so we've got lots of planning to do. I'm trying to plan time to go resort hopping so we can check everything out, but I know I'm going to be all about the parks!

I've been working tons of hours lately because one of our offices is moving, and we have tons of communications to put out for that on top of my normal job. What's wrong with these people :sad2: Don't they know I have a wedding to plan, and Disboards to read :confused3

In wedding news... I finally finished my save the dates, and they're remarkably boring for how long they took me. I'm working our website right now, and once that's done, I'll post the STDs. Hopefullyby this weekend. I wanted to send these out 2 weeks ago! :bored: (we need a slcker smilie) I really want to get these out!

Oh... and I got in touch with a friendly Diser on the DVC rent/trade boards and fingers crossed my parents will have a grand villa at BLT for us to get ready in the day of the wedding!!

I'm going dress shopping agin on Sunday, so hopefully I'll have some more picts.

See...you are making progress despite the work overload.
We just purchased BLT membership and I can't wait to stay there for the wedding and honeymoon, but I think we will just be in a studio the morning of the wedding so we don't have to haul the luggage back and forth for one night.
Everything sounds great...can't wait to hear more and see the pics.

So we went dress shopping yesterday, and bare with me... cuz I swear it's worth reading the whole story.
I tried on like 8 million dresses (okay I tried on like 20...but it felt like more) and my mom and I wittled it down to 2 choices - one very elegant gold dress, with a chapel length train and asymetrical pick-ups. I :lovestruc, but it seriously looked like Belle's dress - okay so if I wasn't getting married at Disney, the thought wouldn't have crossed my mind, but I am so it did... It was also much more formal that I wanted... I kept thinking about how great it would look with what I was going to do if I'd have gotten married at home.. but not so much with what I was going for at Disney.
So I was starting to talk myself out of that one, and choice 2 was a very pretty A-line dress with a scoop-neck halter and head-to-toe embroidery and beading. It had just a very small sweep train, and was so different than anything we had seen, we really liked that one too. It didn't have the "wow" factor of the first one, but it had the "intriguing simplicity" that I was looking for.
So we were discussing and assuming that we'd just go home and think about it there. So my mom asks the consultant "how much are they?" And she replies, while sort of shifting in her shoes... "well this one [gold] is $970" -us- okay, that's what we've been looking at... we'll keep it in mind..."and this one [white] is the last one we have, so it's on sale...it was $1,200...now it's $89." -us- $89?? We didn't hear that right... $89? Yes. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Okay, we'll take that one! We also bought a veil which was $145, so I think it's HILARIOUS that my veil cost more than my dress! :rotfl2:

I bought my wedding dress for $89!!!!

It was about 1-2 sizes too big, so we'll need to alter it, but even if I spend several hundred on on alterations, I'm still WAY ahead. Especially since I was going to have to have it altered if I ordered it or not. (on a side note - I tried on a dress that was supposed to be "tea length" and it was too long on me! :rotfl:)

In our utter shock we totally forgot to take pictures, find out the designer or the style #, or do anything a normal person would have done. Neither of us could believe it and we just wanted to get the heck out of there before they came to their senses and told us the price was wrong. but I'm going to pick it up from the store this week to store at home so we can pick out shoes and jewlery and stuff, so I'll take pictures then I promise.

Okay so that's my BIG news... I really can't top that.... I made a decision about photography, and we're going to go with Randy. And made an appointment to have e-pics taken when we're down there in March.

So I finally don't feel like a wedding slacker! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Ummm you are in no way considered a "wedding slacker" You will now be known as "Queen of the Bargin!" I cannot believe you bought a wedding dress for $89!!!! That is amazingggggggggg! I am in awe of you right now:worship: !

You must be so happy, and what a huge thing to cross off your list! Congrats Joanna! :yay:

And I thought I was getting a good deal at $780, :eek: oh well...that's awesome about the dress for $89. Can't wait to see pictures! Too funny that the veil and alterations are going to end up more than the dress itself. Just think how much you will get to take it in by then, the weight will have kept falling off by then...good luck!!:dance3:

I followed your post from my PJ to yours! All caught up now. Congrats on finding a wedding dress for $89. That's amazing. I thought I did a good job getting a bargain on mine, but mine is nothing compared to yours!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter