Not entirely sure what the purpose of this post is...

Rexfan

Mouseketeer
but I just feel so petrified, and have felt a little better lurking on your board.

Anyway, I have just booked a spur-of -the moment trip that we really can't afford, but that seems insignificant right now.

My son,Liam,(4 in oct), has had a bunch of medical problems. It started w. severe bilateral clubfeet that was present at birth. he had casting and surgery and we hoped we could put it all behind us.

Now he's been having episodes of something called abdominal migraine or cyclic vomiting, and an absense of deep tendon reflexes. He's going through tons of testing, but I booked a trip in the middle of it(his nausea is now controlled by meds), on June 2-6.

Anyway...just thought I'd say "hi", and talk to others who understand the need for pixie dust!

Go..relax, have a good time. If you need meds, Walgreens is nearby and transfers prescriptions from everywhere in the country. BUT...You won't need them. You and your family will have a ball. Use the Meatloaf philosophy...
"Everything will work out if you let it"

Not practical, but very true. It always works for us. We have a DS with many disabilities (yes, even club feet,the Valgus deformity).Even when he was having the worst time physically, Disney was magic for him. Try it! My son is going to be 21 this July. He STILL loves Mickey. And Welcome to the Board!

BTW,I love our username! Epcot is my favorite park.

Wow,so you've been dealing with these feelings for more than 20 years....I know it sounds silly to most, but thinking about WDW is the only way to get through these dr appts!

Hi! Welcome to our board, Rexfan.

My first trip to WDW was back in 1996, when my son was between major surgeries and he was in a lot of discomfort. I cannot begin to tell you how well we were treated there. We really needed that vacation -- the whole family needed it -- and our son had a blast despite his little setback one night. The hospitals there are just great, they are used to dealing with visitors with major medical issues. Take a letter from your doctor just in case you need it at the hospital. Chances are you won't need it, things will go just fine.

You REALLY need a vacation, you need to relax and have some fun. Be sure to read through our FAQ, just click on the link in my signature. Feel free to ask questions, express your concerns, and share information. We are glad to have you with us, and hope that we can help you relax and have a great, much-deserved vacation.

I know what you mean about dr. appts!the worst is when they tell you they don't "know what the problem is". Take heart! Peter was born at 26 weeks, and if there was a problem, he had it. Hospitalizations and surgeries were the rule. So, we took him to WDW when he was 6. Talk about MAGIC! He fell in love. The CMs were great to him, and he was spoiled. He doesn't talk, he tunes out most people, but when he saw Mickey..He sang the Disney commercial to him! I was floored! After I stopped crying( I think it was the next day..lol), I knew we were going to come back. Now..We live here, and are CMs, so Pete goes to see Mickey every chance he gets! If you need to talk to someone. I'm here! my email is at the bottom!

that just makes my day! Thank you so much, and I feel encouraged by your posts. I'd love to talk to you some more-especially when(IF) I get some info on what's wrong with our sweetie.

Yep, you came to the right place. This board is full of people who have been there, done that and are willing to help others get through it.
You needed pixie dust and we are ready to share it. The things your family has been going through are energy sapping and a holiday is a great way to put some energy back. Have fun and don't worry.

Everyone's right, you came to the right place. I say go. Even if you have to keep the trip on the quiet side, enjoy the hotel and hospitality. Sometimes just getting away can be a blessing. And it might be just the thing you all need and not no it. Let all of us know how the trip goes, you might be surprised how many people you help with your trip report. Lots of PD to you all.

I hadn't thought about writing a trip report, but since this is a trip with a different angle for us, I just might do that!

Just thought I'd welcome you also, my husband and I deal with my disability daily and often we find just reading about Disney or watching the travel videos or hey planning our next trip is just what we need to brighten our day...
I hope you trip to WDW is magical....enjoy it...everyone deserves a little Disney...

:bounce:

I SO understand what you are feeling! I also have booked an impulsive trip that I really can't afford, BUT
I am under a ton of stress every day and somehow have to make some seemingly unwise financial decisions to remain sane.

I have been a foster parent for special needs children for nine years, my last two children just left yesterday. I have adopted one of the children and now feel I need to focus solely on her needs. I have made numerous trips to WDW that were financially unwise, but life has always gone on.

I have always come back from the vacations refreshed, with a more optimistic attitude and more able to deal with the realities of daily life. In addition, many children who normally wouldnt have the opportunity to go to WDW have had irreplacable memories :-)

Day to day, I don't drink to excess, use drugs or any other hurtful "coping" techniques so I don't feel guilty about an occasional trip to WDW!

Pixie dust is on your way-I hope things look better for you soon!

Esmeralda, I did a spontaneous respite trip with a bunch of other DIS ladies in February, it was worth it!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter