Not A Real Safari!!!

sticker231 said:
you don't even move, it is a simulator!

by the way--what the @#*& is "fake fire"?

I am surprised how many people I know here from their pics in their signatures!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am not making fun of the OP, and I am sure others are not either. - but it just seemed like a funny, post, and we all need a funny joke sometimes

RIGHT?

UtahMama said:
Lilnickyboy...I re-read the comments and I think she's flaming the person who tried to tell you the animals were fake...not YOU. There's always people who want to ruin the magic! BTW, I love the safari!!! It's great when you get a cool guide who cares!

I agree, I also reread all of the comments. I didn't find one that was directed to you. Please don't take what others are saying personally. Maybe in a day or two come back and reread them yourself. You might actually find them a little funny.

I can only speak for myself, I'm sorry if you felt flamed in any way. I'm sure that wasn't anyone's intention. :blush:

This post reminds me of something that happened to DH and I at a historical re-enacting event we were at in Jamestown, VA. Our group was doing German Landsknecht, circa 1550. Our camp was pretty darn good, with period tents, us in period clothing and doing period activities, including cooking. Some know-it-all father walked his kid into camp and looked around. Kid was fascinated by the chickens roasting on the spit and asked his father if they was real. Father authoritatively looked at the chickens, announced to his son that they were obviously fake and plastic to boot, because you could see the chickens melting into the obviously fake fire ( :confused3 ). Father than said "see" and reached out his hand to touch the "fake" chicken. None of us could get a yell out or reach him in time and he got his fingers toasted by hot chicken drippings and heat from the "fake" fire. We got his hand plunged into cool water and he left, loudly announcing that he was going to sue because we had not had any warning signs up that the fire was real. :stir:

UtahMama said:
Lilnickyboy...I re-read the comments and I think she's flaming the person who tried to tell you the animals were fake...not YOU. There's always people who want to ruin the magic! BTW, I love the safari!!! It's great when you get a cool guide who cares!

EXACTLY! And thank you, UtahMama....That's exactly what I was doing.

OP...I stated this EXACTLY in my post. I really think you need to reread it(and then explain to me why I would put a "good vibes" emoticon after that if I was flaming you)

I also don't think anyone on this thread is making fun of you, but of the ADULTS who truly believe stuff like this.

Also, I replied to the PM you sent me...please check it out...I urge you to calm down before you get flamed for getting out of control for thinking you are being flamed, when in all actuality you haven't been flamed once that I can see. As I said in my PM to you if, as a 13yo, you're going to post with all of us, then you need to understand the way things go on here...and cross my heart, make me live in Universal, I mean ALL of this in a NICE way(I have a 12 yo DD and would be pretty P.O'd if she were treated unkindly on here)....

Take it easy..... :grouphug:

Lilnickyboy said:
My friend just told me that some of the animals on the safri ride at AK are not real :sad2: . She said her neighbor told her (he knows a CM) that some the animals are machinical :guilty: ! I was shoked! She wasn't sure if she could belive him so next time she was making Ressie's with a CM she asked him this and he told her hat some of the animals aren't real!I CAN'T BELIVE DISNEY WOULD DO THIS TO US :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :furious: ! The safari beng one of my favorite rides, has now lost some of it's magic knowing this fact. Does anyone know if this is really true :confused3 ? ( I hope not!)

I do not want to be smart....but you say that the safari is one of your favorite rides then one would assume that you have ridden at least a few times. Surely you can tell that those animals are real, they are walking or swimming and moving at different times, and they are in different spots. How could you believe that they are mechanical???

Wow everyone takes this a a big deal. Yo all can calm down. You all sound like your tring to disuade me from killing myself.

No harsh feelings
~lilnickyboy

Lilnickyboy said:
Wow everyone takes this a a big deal. Yo all can calm down. You all sound like your tring to disuade me from killing myself.

No harsh feelings
~lilnickyboy

Nope. Not trying to dissuade you from killing yourself, but with the way you posted your anger you DID seem pretty upset. No problem here...and I really don't think any of us are upset so as to need calming down. We're adults trying to make you understand that you don't need to get so defensive. :goodvibes :goodvibes

On the other hand...I don't believe it was necessary of helenk to post the way she did. Yes, we've all ridden Kilimanjaro Safari, but in the OP's defense, he IS 13 AND everyone knows how life-like Disney Animatronics can be. If, as a young teen, someone tells you(from seemingly a good source) that some of the animals are fake,then you might tend to want to believe it.

Now....back to the topic at hand....(which might also include poking fun at ADULTS who think that the fire at WDW is fake... :confused3 :teeth: )

Lilnickyboy - just so you know, this is not the first thread on just this thing!! I posted on this on another thread in the last week or so. Your question on the rumor is not farfetched. Somebody out there is just trying to stir up trouble.

In defense of the OP, my wife and I rode the Kilimanjaro Safari in 2001 and again in 2004. On both trips, we only rode the safari once. Both times, there were very few animals out because it was scorching hot and the ones that were out were far away hiding in the shade. Towards the end of the ride, there was an ostrich standing on the left side close to the safari path. This happened both times. The driver would speed away before we could really get a good look. We thought to ourselves, this must be some kind of animatronic animal! The few animals we did see seemed to be in the exact same place.

Fast forward to June 2006. We rode the safari once again. This time the animals were out in full force (it was relatively cool and overcast). They were freely roaming about and the ostrich was nowhere to be seen. We had a blast! We now know for sure that these animals are real (except of course, Lil Red).

My point is I don't think it was too far fetched to think that some of the animals were not real. This is Disney after all. Just look at the robot in Stitch's Great Escape. The movements are quite fluid. Also, isn't it true that they keep a spot cooled for the lion so it would stay visible on the safari? Doesn't that show you how far Disney will go to make sure your experience is exactly how THEY envision it?

Now the fake fire thing....well I can't defend that.

I can see where he is coming from because Disney do make some real life like animals. Look at 101 Dalmations. They used animantronic puppies and look how real they look. And as for movement, animantronics can walk and just as fluid and life like as a real animal. But to use fake animals on the safarri ride, that would beat the whole purpose of the ride. The ride is there so you can get close to the animals. If that rumor was actually true and got out, that ride wouldnt be the same anymore. People would probably stop riding it. I mean look at the jungle cruise. Not to many people ride that because if there are real animals, there isnt many. Disney wouldnt go to the extenct to do so much work and keep the savannah so neat and clean if there were fake animals. And they certianly probably wouldnt make such a huge deal about the ride either. The safarri ride is one of the most popular rides in disney. But as for fake fire...How do you make fake fire? That fire is as real as the fire in Illuminations and fantasmic. Trust me u no its real, cuz u can feel the heat from it. This is probably one of the most funniest threads on the boards. I especially loved the part: Go up to it and if it chases u then u no its real. That was to funny! As for everyone coming down on you, dont feel that way. We all are here to just trying to shed some light and fun on the topic.

LakeAriel said:
You mean Little red isn't real? Does that mean there really weren't poachers on that ride either? :rotfl2:
YOU laugh but the first time I rode that the girl drove so fast I put money on little red being real.:rotfl:

Scraper said:
YOU laugh but the first time I rode that the girl drove so fast I put money on little red being real.:rotfl:

First time I rode I wanted Little Red to be real...alas I took a real close look :magnify:
aw shucks!

I also heard some weren't real, and having no way to verify (seeing as I've never actually been to Disney) I beilived them.
Of course, thanks to the internet I now know that all of them are completely real (except for little red).

P.S. I am younger than you. :)

ZebraDomeCrazy said:
Here's another good one - When we were exiting the Festival of the Lion King we overheard two woman talking about how amazing the show was, when one woman mentioned how exciting the fire performer was, and her friend told her that -"Disney only uses FAKE FIRE - it's not real fire, too bad". What exactly is fake fire? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Ummmm, isn't it just the kind of fire that FAKE firemen put out? pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter