• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Noro and travel. What can I do?

I hope we'll get an update about what ended up happening!

I hope the individual that was sick realized on her own that that kind of strenuous activity in the extreme heat so soon after being sick wasn't a smart idea.
Yes, I hope the OP will report back how this all turned out. No judgment however OP ultimately chose to handle the difficult situation!

I think the people in charge should have been made aware so they could let others know so they could have a chance to cancel. Folks who are older and/or have weak immune systems may not want to chance it.

Since we have not heard from OP and since the trip was today I am guessing op went. I am also guessing the woman who was sick did not go. She probably felt too weak still since it was early in the sickness or her hubby may have come down with it. Hope we hear from OP when she gets back.

I’m back. Here’s my update: I did contact the rafting company and they handled it. She had to provide a doctor’s note clearing her for the trip. The rafting company was on top of sanitation. I’m not sure if it was because of her or because 2022 there was an outbreak of noro on the River across all companies and the cdc had to get involved or maybe it’s standard after COVID. Lots of bleach and a 4 bucket system for washing before and after eating. Before the bleach wash, you were expected to wash hands so we were thoroughly cleansed before eating and touching utensils.

No one got sick. And she made it through the hike. The hike itself wasn’t bad. It became very challenging the last 2 miles in 100 degree temps and very little shade with a 20 pound pack. Everyone was fairly sore on day 1 and 2, mostly the calves.

The trip was amazing. Physically hard but that was expected. I’m covered in bruises and I’m still a little stiff. Lots of great pics. Would 10/10 recommend.

I think the people in charge should have been made aware so they could let others know so they could have a chance to cancel. Folks who are older and/or have weak immune systems may not want to chance it.

Since we have not heard from OP and since the trip was today I am guessing op went. I am also guessing the woman who was sick did not go. She probably felt too weak still since it was early in the sickness or her hubby may have come down with it. Hope we hear from OP when she gets back.

Due to the physical demands of the trip, the people on the trip were in shape, strong, and healthy. It was a hike intensive trip but not like regular hiking most of us are used to. My dad was originally planning to go, but at 75 he felt it was too strenuous. Last year he hiked Hell’s Canyon with my sons so he is in good shape for an older man. I’m so glad he cancelled because it really was strenuous and I would have felt terrible to put him through it.

Thanks for the update, glad you had a good time.

I did have a great time. My anxiety about noro did cause me to have panic attacks on the hike. And I haven’t had those in awhile :( When I finished the hike, my anxiety was a 9/10 and it stayed pretty high for the rest of the day worrying about it. I was really torn about whether we should go or not.

I did have a great time. My anxiety about noro did cause me to have panic attacks on the hike. And I haven’t had those in awhile :( When I finished the hike, my anxiety was a 9/10 and it stayed pretty high for the rest of the day worrying about it. I was really torn about whether we should go or not.

Ugh. Sorry this happened to you. Having panic attacks when you are trying to have fun on a trip is the absolute worst.

Seems like you had an amazing time regardless, and I'm so glad no one got sick!

I'm glad it worked out! I would have been a nervous wreck with that situation. My anxiety already ramps up surrounding travel (even though I love to travel), worrying about a known case of noro on top of just the general stress of travel is a lot to deal with. It sounds like the company was very through with cleaning and prevention. Sounds like an amazing trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter