Normal Summer Discount Pattern

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
So torn on which monorail resort to book for next summer. We aren't counting on discounts when budgeting , but of course it would be a nice bonus.

For this summer, it looks like no free dining (but I don't see any dining plans at all when booking) and there are room discounts mentioned for Grand Floridian and Contemporary, but not Polynesian.

1. Is Polynesian usually excluded from room discounts?
  2. Looking at this summer, Contemporary is listed as being included but I don't see it offered when pricing out a room. Does that mean these are sold out?
  3. If Contemporary was in fact offered, anyone know if it was for all room types? (i.e. how was it for this summer) Or was for example, the Garden Wing excluded?
  4. Are all 3 resorts/room types typically included when they have free dining?
Thanks

All 3 of the resorts have in past years been included in a discount. When discounts are released, I always check multiple date ranges to see what is available. As far as whats available in a discount or certain time, it depends on what rooms haven't sold in Disney's inventory. If you want a specific resort on a specific week, you should definitely book without a discount ( paying rack rate.) However, the more people that book at full room rate, the less likely Disney needs to offer a discount though. Dining plans have not come back yet ( since the covid closure.) I would guess they would by next summer, but no guarantees. Good luck with planning, and have an amazing trip!

Thanks for the reply. So it's based on supply and demand which makes sense.
Yeah...once we decide on a resort (GF, CR or Poly), room type and dates, we will book (6 nights or 7). So many decisions....so just wanted to estimate how discounts could help with the price. Even with a resort, don't know which room.

Thanks for the reply. So it's based on supply and demand which makes sense.
Yeah...once we decide on a resort (GF, CR or Poly), room type and dates, we will book (6 nights or 7). So many decisions....so just wanted to estimate how discounts could help with the price. Even with a resort, don't know which room.
You will hear this a lot.....book what you are willing to pay for, and be excited if there ends up being a discount. I rarely ever book without a discount, because I normally am not willing to pay rack rate for resorts...exception being major holidays. We have successfully secured discounts at all three of the monorail resorts you've listed during summer times....with the exception of the weeks of memorial day, independence day, and labor day. If you have flexibility of any of the 3 plus a few different weeks you are willing to go, in my opinion you should be able to get a discount. Although with that said,, many standard rooms book at rack rate and then only other views are available on a discount. The difference may only be slightly less,, although you'll have a better view too.Good luck!

You will hear this a lot.....book what you are willing to pay for, and be excited if there ends up being a discount. I rarely ever book without a discount, because I normally am not willing to pay rack rate for resorts...exception being major holidays. We have successfully secured discounts at all three of the monorail resorts you've listed during summer times....with the exception of the weeks of memorial day, independence day, and labor day. If you have flexibility of any of the 3 plus a few different weeks you are willing to go, in my opinion you should be able to get a discount. Although with that said,, many standard rooms book at rack rate and then only other views are available on a discount. The difference may only be slightly less,, although you'll have a better view too.Good luck!
Yes...we are booking (soon) within our budget...and if a discount comes along, then bonus.

Curious...you mentioned you were able to get discounts except labor day time. We are coming the week leading up to labor day (leaving the Saturday or Sunday of labor day weekend). So is that time typically excluded?

Yes...we are booking (soon) within our budget...and if a discount comes along, then bonus.

Curious...you mentioned you were able to get discounts except labor day time. We are coming the week leading up to labor day (leaving the Saturday or Sunday of labor day weekend). So is that time typically excluded?
We have had luck around labor day before, but not always. Since that is the last week before a lot of schools in the North go back, it can be busy....but, not july 4th busy. Go in with a plan.....meaning, look at historical discount release dates. This year's came out may 3 (i think). Year before I believe it was late February. Near those times, check every morning at 6am. On Disney's site. I always have 3 to 4 resorts in mind.....1st thru 4th, then I go for whichever one is offered. Be prepared for none of the 3 you listed to be available on a discount, have a 4th backup....BC/YC is amazing too. Out of 3 or 4, if you are online when the discounts drop, you are likely to get something😊
Added: it can also make a difference by changing your dates even by a 1 day shift when searching!

We have had luck around labor day before, but not always. Since that is the last week before a lot of schools in the North go back, it can be busy....but, not july 4th busy. Go in with a plan.....meaning, look at historical discount release dates. This year's came out may 3 (i think). Year before I believe it was late February. Near those times, check every morning at 6am. On Disney's site. I always have 3 to 4 resorts in mind.....1st thru 4th, then I go for whichever one is offered. Be prepared for none of the 3 you listed to be available on a discount, have a 4th backup....BC/YC is amazing too. Out of 3 or 4, if you are online when the discounts drop, you are likely to get something😊
Added: it can also make a difference by changing your dates even by a 1 day shift when searching!
Thanks so much for the advice and past release dates to keep checking.
Our plan is to book now...but then will watch and can then change our reservation if something comes up that is better. That works, right?

Would love to snag free dining (esp at a deluxe) but will happily also take a resort discount. We are also from Canada so I know in the past they have had Canadian discount (which I think is combinable with room but not dining discount).

Personally I think the demand and closer is to high for a real discount right now.

we have to remember Disney just had a massive shutdown and has lost tons of profit because of it. Demand is massive right now, do I don’t see them offering normal seasonal discounts.

Yes very true. Likely no discounts in 2022 due to people rebooking lost trips (like us)
People are rebooking lost trips, but don't give up hope for a discount. Things have gotten busier just in the past couple of months here, and with a number of their resorts still closed the inventory on rooms is less right now. With that said, we have gotten a discount on short resort stays every month this year so far......not guaranteed, but always check, by summer 2022, all resorts should be opened and things back to normal.

I feel like it’s hard to make predictions at this point. We booked Poly for this summer not expecting it to be excluded from the summer discount like it was. I suspect that it was fairly booked up before the discount was released which influenced that decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!