Noooooo!!!!!!!

Thanks for your replies everyone!

I've rang the airline and they said they 'think' the policy is they can fly 7 days aftwr the first spot has appeared' so he should be ok, but he didn't sound like he was 100% certain.

Their website does say the same thing though, so as long as Alyssa doesn't get them before we leave we can go.

I also rang to make an appointment with his doctor for next wednesday (day before we leave for gatwick) so I can get a note from him to say he's no longer contagious but the receptionist said that takes time and I can't just ask for a note???

I've got an appointment for today anyway so will ask him then, and ask if he can write a note saying the spots first appeared yesterday (since the policy says he can fly 7 days after the first spot, which would have passed by the time we fly).

So now I'm worried I won't be able to get a note from the doctor! Does anyone know if he HAS to write a note? :(

my note from my consultant took a few days to prepare and then get signed, they normally dont write the note put have to sign it

Hope all goes well

my note from my consultant took a few days to prepare and then get signed, they normally dont write the note put have to sign it

Hope all goes well

I don't think I've got time for that have I? If his spots scab up by Tuesday I'll only have a day to get the note sorted :(

Is there not a doctor in the airport or something that can check him over if they're not sure so they can see for themselves he's all scabbed up and no longer contagious?

Hiya, my doctor wrote a note there and then for me. He just put DD's name, DOB, when she got the chicken pox and the official medical guidelines, which were you are only infectious for 6 days after the 1st spot appears even if not all the spots have scabbed over. It took him about 2 minutes and he printed it straight away. wasn't a problem and also he never cherged me for it although I know some doctors do charge.

You absolutely can ask the Dr to do you a note there and then - it's no use to you any other time, and I'm sure in the circumstances your dr will simply type a few lines for you and print them off there and then. Just insist! Drs receptionists have a way of thinking they control everything (sorry, not meaning to offend anyone here, had a bad experience this morning!). Good luck, I have everything crossed for you :hug:

The DR doesn't have to write a letter but you can ask,and hopefully they will.
Even if it's just a few lines,signed make sure it as his stamp/address etc on it..so it looked official.

Glad you've checked I am sure you'll be fine to go..shame though you've got this stress leading up to it..it always happens,I was excatly the same this year,was worried I had oral cancer,ended up emergency dentists before I went,anti'bs the lot! then I was poorly with stressing..so stay calm.

Well we've been to the doctor's and he confirmed it was chicken pox.

Good news though, he said he thought it was a mild case, and Alyssa may not get it. He said his looks like it will clear quickly (not spreading, not itching, no illness, all in one spot etc) and he's made an appointment for next wednesday morning so he can see the spots all scabbed over and write a note for me!

The only thing hanging over us now is whether or not Alyssa will get it. Doc said if she's going to get it she's most likely to get it today or tomorrow, but I've read on here that that's not always the case with siblings.

Hopefully she wont get it, or gets it out there!

So looking hopeful we'll be able to fly but still not totally out of the woods yet. On regular spot check. lol

Im sending you all lots of pixie dust:wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard:

Cover his spots with plenty of Eurax cream its great stuff, I used it for Adam last year when he had c pox.

Hope Alysa stays fine:hug:

Not got anything else to say but wanted to give you a big hug :hug: and a ive everything crossed that alyssa doesnt get it !!! :wizard::wizard::wizard:
thinking of you x x x

So sorry for you, I know how much this holiday means and will pray that everythings fine & you get to Disney & have a wonderful time.

OMG, I will check back here over the next week to see what has happened. Our family have EVERYTHING crossed for youpixiedust:pixiedust:

Aww bless you all! Thank you so much. I'm sure we'll get there with all of you rooting for us! :D

Hi keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I know how you feel, we were meant to be off to mexico next week, but my eldest girl took very ill, a mass 20cm in diameter was removed for her plevis area, and we have all be under such stress over it, to be honest the holiday became the least of our problems, but now that we have got through the last month, we really could do with the break. Yesterday, we got broken into and I was at the end of my strength,everything that had happened over the last month just got too much- today however- We got the pathology test results back and my girl (although still recovering and we know she will need to go back in hospital for a few weeks next year to repair so of the damage this thing has cause) has been given the all clear, and to celebrate my husband has just extened our hols to orlando at xmas so that we can make it even more special. We have also decied to go a little break to the norfolk broads for a few days on a boat as soon as she is well enough so that we can all chill out.

I know how you feel, we were meant to be off to mexico next week, but my eldest girl took very ill, a mass 20cm in diameter was removed for her plevis area, and we have all be under such stress over it, to be honest the holiday became the least of our problems, but now that we have got through the last month, we really could do with the break. Yesterday, we got broken into and I was at the end of my strength,everything that had happened over the last month just got too much- today however- We got the pathology test results back and my girl (although still recovering and we know she will need to go back in hospital for a few weeks next year to repair so of the damage this thing has cause) has been given the all clear, and to celebrate my husband has just extened our hols to orlando at xmas so that we can make it even more special. We have also decied to go a little break to the norfolk broads for a few days on a boat as soon as she is well enough so that we can all chill out.

That is so much to got through :headache: Hugs for you :hug: Hope you have a wonderful trip at Christmas :wizard:

Sounds like YOU are the one who deserves a WDW holiday more than anyone! What an ordeal! So glad your daughter has the all clear, that must be such a relief!

My problems seem like nothing compared to what you've been through. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter