Noooooo!!!!!!!

We have 2 weeks half term here so he was only missing 6 days of school anyway. This will add another week probably. If it's not bites obviously. Still hoping they are!#

I figure if there are no new spots tomorrow it's more likely they are bites and not the pox? He's had these kind of spots before (maybe fleas again, bloody cats!) and I never knew what they were. My daughter is prone to harmless rashes, I just assumed he was prone to the odd batch of spots lol.

I am so sorry to hear about your bad luck. Don't lose hope that it might just be flea bites. Although, I am sure I read somewhere that Chicken Pox tends to start on the stomache area.

I really hope that it is just harmless bites and that the rest of your trip goes by without any more bad luck!!

I am sur eyou will have a fab time.

Fingers crossed that it is bites pixiedust:

I can't believe how much life keeps on throwing at you as you try to prepare for this holiday.
I can't think of anyone who will deserve it more when it finally comes around

Fingers crossed that it is bites pixiedust:

I can't believe how much life keeps on throwing at you as you try to prepare for this holiday.
I can't think of anyone who will deserve it more when it finally comes around

Totally agree! :hug:

Sorry to hear that - it must be really stressful.
How is he in himself? I remember when my two had chicken pox they weren't well in themselves - like flu. If he's otherwise fine apart from the spots you might be lucky (I'm not a doctor though).

There was a lengthy discussion on the DLRP board earlier this year on this exact situation. I would post a link but I'm terrible at searches. I seem to recall that the consensus of opinion (both medical and lay) was that it stopped being contagious about 5 days after the spots came out.:confused3 I would go to your GP and get a letter that allows you to fly. An episode of Airline had this exact scenario and the family had a letter to confirm that the child was not contagious and they were allowed to fly. I'm sure they are most contagious before the spots appear.

Good luck - I really hope it works out for you.

How is he in himself? I remember when my two had chicken pox they weren't well in themselves - like flu. If he's otherwise fine apart from the spots you might be lucky (I'm not a doctor though).

All children are different with Chicken Pox. We were in Benidorm when Matt came out with the spots, I think the heat and cool pool water helped, hardly any illness and no stratching. All over in a few days.

Just read this through and I am crossing everything in the hope that it is flea bites. :wizard:

When my DDs had chicken pox it started on their chest/trunk with all of them but rapidly spread. My eldest didn't have many spots but the ones she did have were randomly all over her body, not just in one place.

Let's hope there are no new spots overnight. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

So far there have been no more spots. I would have thought it would have spread more by now too.

He's been fine in himself, not even a sniffle. He's been fine today too, his usual self but I know not all children become ill so that's not really that hopeful.

He's gone to bed in Ben's black t-shirt (he's 6'5 so it looks huge! lol) and he's caked in calamine lotion so he looks like he's dressed up for halloween as a skeleton lol.

I told him if he can stay away from Alyssa, out of her room and not to cough or anything near her to stop her getting the spots too I'll buy him a proper skeleton outfit to wear in Florida for halloween lol.

Bless him, he's been so good at school the past few weeks (was a bit of a nightmare due to his dad causing him problems and messing with his head) and he was supposed to have one of his friends round for dinner on Friday, which obviously can't happen now. :(

A few years ago the same thing happened to us when oldest DS was 2 1/2 yrs old. There was an outbreak of chicken pox at nursery. He was poorly (sleepy and off food) for 48 hours, then back to his normal self. Only the spots showed he had been ill. Most of his spots were on his torso, and a few on his hairline. Dressed, it was fairly hard to tell he had chicken pox :eek:

We were only a week off flying Easyjet to DLP, only 7 days after being diagnosed from the spots. We were lucky that all his spots came out within 48 hours of the first appearing. We got a Dr's letter to confirm the date he had seen him, the status of the spots (they had begun to dry up and no new ones appearing), and therefore he was no longer contagious...and importantly he was fit to travel.

It might be worth an "anonymous" phone call to the airline to check their policy on Chicken Pox and other communicable diseases. Based on our experience you should be ok. :)

I do so hope its flea bites, you have put up with enough already!! Definately do the hot bath, I got chickenpox coming back from Orlando albeit I didn't know at the time, had felt generally unwell for days, a sore throat which I had put down to the air conditiong. Last day we were at Movies and at the pool as we had to check out the room and I felt reall rough, I took a hot shower at the pool before we left for the airport and by the time we landed in Gatwick I was plastered, didn't have a spot on me boarding the plane in Orlando, it was bizarre. Apologies to anyone I infected on the plane!! I shared it with m father when we got home!!
I have everything crossed its flea bites ...

Hiya.

I am afraid, as a mum of 4 children under 8, all of whom have been through Chicken Pox, those looks very familiar to me.

I'm on someone elses laptop at the moment but will pop over to my home computer and post you a picture of our DS4 when he had them last year.

Mine always suffered cold like symptons first prior to the spots coming out and unfortunately DS8 gave them to DS7 within 2 days then 4 years later DS2 gave them to DD6 months within 24 hours. Its just so hard to keep little ones apart.

I was once told by a paediatrician that we know to give your children, Piriton 3 times a day, it always worked a treat for our children, stopped the itching for sure:thumbsup2

I'll post back in a minute, if I can upload the photographs that is :scared1:

I do so hope its flea bites, you have put up with enough already!! Definately do the hot bath, I got chickenpox coming back from Orlando albeit I didn't know at the time, had felt generally unwell for days, a sore throat which I had put down to the air conditiong. Last day we were at Movies and at the pool as we had to check out the room and I felt reall rough, I took a hot shower at the pool before we left for the airport and by the time we landed in Gatwick I was plastered, didn't have a spot on me boarding the plane in Orlando, it was bizarre. Apologies to anyone I infected on the plane!! I shared it with m father when we got home!!
I have everything crossed its flea bites ...

The same thing happened with DD. I noticed what I assumed was a mosquito bite as we were dressing her to leave for the airport to come home. When we landed at Gatwick, she was plastered. I felt terrible for anyone we had infected on the flight, but it never crossed my mind it was chicken pox, we were away for almost 3 weeks and I still don't know where she got it from.

Gemma - I really feel for you. I have the chicken pox dread for our youngest before holiday each year, with all sorts of contingency plans up my sleeve, just in case. I really hope these prove to be nothing, or if it is cp, your daughter doesn't catch it. I'm sure Cameron will be fine to fly in 10 days time. Lots of :wizard::wizard::wizard: your way.

Have you changed your washing packet lately? or fabric softener?? My girls both get similar rashes like this it COULD be that but if the DR does believe it's chicken pox then it more than likely is.

DD has had chicken pox when she was smaller,they scabbed over make sure you tell him not to scratch too much..it is hard but the calamine will help.

Hopefully you will be able to fly..I would double check though you don't want someone to notice at the airport and refuse you..

Fingers crossed they clear up soon.:wizard:

My kids had the chicken pox this summer the youngest 2 got them 13 days before our holiday:scared1::scared1:. DS only got a few and they cleared up really quick, DD had loads and was still marked on our holiday but the doctor wrote us a letter saying she was not infectious. He said that you are only infectious until 6 days after your 1st spot appears.

As for your DD I really hope she doesn't get them, my 2 youngest both got them 14 days after their older brother, then my nephew got them 2 weeks after that but his older brother never got them at all and they share a room.

For your son I would give him an anti histamine to stop the itching also I found eurax lotion or cream worked better than calamine lotion, if he gets loads of spots put the lotion in a spray bottle and just apray it on him instead of dabbing it on.

I hope everything works out ok for you all :hug::hug:

When my son was 3 he got chickenpox really bad and they were everywhere. He was literally covered head to toe in calamine lotion. I used to give him 2 lukewarm baths a day with loads of sodium bicarb in the water. Boots sold big packs of it and I got through quite a lot but it did dry the scabs out. If it is chickenpox, ask the pharmacist if this is still a good idea.
Your daughter may be lucky and not get it. My other son was 9 months old at the time and he only got 3 spots.

Hope everything works out for you and that when you get to Florida you can laugh about this. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. :hug:

:sad2: I'm sorry you have to go through this just before your holiday. I can't offer any advice as I'm very unfamiliar with chicken pox, I just hope everything works out ok for you. :wizard:

I'll have to get some of that thank you!

He's woken up with a couple more spots. :( So it looks like it's definitely chicken pox. Although I'm taking as a good sign that there are only a couple more almost 24 hours since the school first noticed it?

I'm trying to keep the kids away from each other, which is hard, but going ok so far.

I'm watching everything he touches and making sure Alyssa doesn't touch it before I've had the anti bacterial wipes on it! They are now not allowed in each others rooms until we go. He still seems fine, so does Alyssa.

Guess we're going to just have to sit it out and wait. :(

Fingers crossed for you; I know every-one's experience is different. I looked after my nephew 4 for the night and bathed him with my son 3, nephew came out in spots the next day. Son didn't pick up though.

Unfortunately my daughter who was only 9 months old did-he'd had very little contact with her-son did pick them up from her 3 weeks later (I think)-didn't keep them apart like you're doing though as for me it was a good idea to get them over and done with before he went to school:thumbsup2.

I phoned my Dr and was advised to keep the spots dry-no baths-as this would make them dry up/heal quicker and less likely to scar-if spots are 'soft' after a bath and scratched easier to damage skin! I used calomine lotion and Dr also said that they wouldn't be too ill as strain was quite weak now.

Mine are now 14 & 16 so few years ago.

As long as spot are 'dry' air-line should be OK -my sister in law had this nightmare last year too. Letter from Dr sounds a good idea. I'm sure you'll be OK in parks, I saw a couple of kids with what looked like Chicken Pox when I was there in Aug!

Try not to stress too much - not a lot you can do anyway:hug:
Let us know how it goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter