Non alcoholic options

Badger Brent

DIS Veteran
I know I'm in the minority asking this question. Are any of the bars, restaurants and shows have access to NA beer, mock tails, etc? I love my NA beer and virgin bloody Mary's! Any experiences or advice? TIA

I wish they would have some NA beer available, but I imagine there's not much call for it.
I don’t drink beer so I’m sorry I can’t answer there. I’m shocked will all the non-alcoholic options I’ve had that they wouldn’t have several NA beers. Especially since they have the “Friends of Bill ?” Every morning.
Lately I’ve been ordering a drink that has equal parts, cranberry, orange, and seltzer. So they’re welcoming to any NA drink you like to have at home they don’t list.

I don’t drink beer so I’m sorry I can’t answer there. I’m shocked will all the non-alcoholic options I’ve had that they wouldn’t have several NA beers. Especially since they have the “Friends of Bill ?” Every morning.
Lately I’ve been ordering a drink that has equal parts, cranberry, orange, and seltzer. So they’re welcoming to any NA drink you like to have at home they don’t list.

It's only very recently that NA beer has gotten good. My husband drinks one or two types but it's a brand that has a very small footprint at even our huge grocery store. It's probably not produced at a high enough volume to distribute much beyond the grocery stores.

My niece got a nonalcoholic pina colada on our most recent cruise. I'm sure they could do many of those typical frozen drinks without alcohol.

Since adult areas are open to everyone 18 and up but only people 21 and up can drink alcohol, you should have no trouble getting non-alcoholic drinks at any bar or lounge. Just tell the bartender what you'd like, either a specific drink or "what can you make me that's sweet and non-alcoholic?" (I got an interesting "bubble gum" flavored drink that way).

Most recent 2-3 cruises on Magic/Wish/Wonder - I have seen NA Beer options at each bar as well as mocktails. Plus the bar tenders are more than happy to make you something. Each dinner restaurant has at least one specialty drink that is NA. I don't think you would have any issues at all.

Virgin daiquiri, pina colada, etc. on pool decks are always an option. I haven’t seen na beer but maybe I missed them (or kind I didn’t care for). Most bars will have a couple of mocktail options on menu.

Just ask- bartenders made my 18 year old a mocktail for her birthday. They are happy to accommodate and they are delicious!

I love a spicy virgin Bloody Mary in the morning at the pool (before switching to the real vodka). The bartenders can make anything you like including the drink of the day.

Most bars onboard carry Heinekin 0.0 as well as non alcoholic mixed drinks. My husband quit drinking any alcohol a few years ago but still occasionally enjoys the flavor of beer. The cost per bottle is about $7 plus 18%tip.

I don't drink often so usually opt for a mocktail on the cruise. There are plenty of options!! Not sure about the NA beer though... not a carbonation girl so never look for it.

Lots of mocktails - the dining menu usually has three speciality drinks every night and one is always non-alcoholic. You could probably also ask at a bar if they can make a cocktail into a NA version.

You could probably also ask at a bar if they can make a cocktail into a NA version.
I'd respectfully add the caveat that just because they could doesn't mean they should... :duck:IMO mocktails are often better when they aren't molded around a key ingredient that is suddenly missing. Some things like daiquiris and pina coladas just have it tossed in so they're great virgin, but others really are quite awful if you take out the spirit. I've had a LOT of bad drinks by trying to tweak existing ones - even just swapping out rums can be a game changer, nevermind omitting it completely.

As long as you can generally say what kind of drinks you like, or more importantly what you DON'T like, letting the bartender be creative can really be rewarding. If they are new, don't have time, or just don't know, at worst they'll just recommend a premixed drink. Often though they work with you to make something to your tastes and show off their ability. :) I had the n/a option at 21 Royal in January and I swear a lot of folk at the table wished they had gone with it instead of the wine pairing. The drinks were amazingly good!

I had the n/a option at 21 Royal in January and I swear a lot of folk at the table wished they had gone with it instead of the wine pairing. The drinks were amazingly good!
Yeah, but I don't know if you can expect the same quality on the cruise ship as you'd get at 21 Royal...

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter