• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Noise at VGF2

TinkB278

DIS Veteran
Hello!

I am curious now that people have begun staying in the new vgf2 rooms, is the room to room noise actually an issue as was previously reported before the room conversions?

Something I'd like to know myself--how noisy is it really.

I recall various complaints over the past 10 years that room-to-room noise at BPK seemed worse than in other lodges or VGF1.

Maybe some past BPK guests will weigh in here.

Just came back from staying there for two nights begining opening day in a lagoon view, the rooms are just beautiful, the beds are were very comfortable and we had no issue with noise at all. Some said they heard construction noise but we never heard anything. It was a great stay for two nights after coming from DVB resort for 4 days.

In looking at the new studios, the pull-out sofa doesn't face the TV for viewing. Also, there is no table with chairs like in the Deluxe studios. Glad I just stay in the 1 bedroom at VGF.

Just came back from staying there for two nights begining opening day in a lagoon view, the rooms are just beautiful, the beds are were very comfortable and we had no issue with noise at all. Some said they heard construction noise but we never heard anything. It was a great stay for two nights after coming from DVB resort for 4 days.
Were the rooms pretty dark at night? I think those look like blackout curtains but can’t really tell for sure?

You can hear conversations if people are loud but that's any room. Our first night we had a blogger next door and they were loud when taping/recording. Otherwise haven't heard much room to room noise, hall noise echoes in at times but that's because of the door gap at the bottom and not unexpected.

You can hear conversations if people are loud but that's any room. Our first night we had a blogger next door and they were loud when taping/recording. Otherwise haven't heard much room to room noise, hall noise echoes in at times but that's because of the door gap at the bottom and not unexpected.
That door gap was larger than usual so we put a towel across it.

There was a smoke alarm directly above the bed on the ceiling, not on the wall and at night that light shown down like a spot light. Usually when it’s on the wall we use a small towel to cover the light but this was on the ceiling and it was bright. Time to start bringing dark sticky notes, stick that on the light and that will defuse the bright light at night. That’s also good for the red light on the tv, the clock on the microwave and any thing else that at night looks like a spotlight.

There was a smoke alarm directly above the bed on the ceiling, not on the wall and at night that light shown down like a spot light. Usually when it’s on the wall we use a small towel to cover the light but this was on the ceiling and it was bright. Time to start bringing dark sticky notes, stick that on the light and that will defuse the bright light at night. That’s also good for the red light on the tv, the clock on the microwave and any thing else that at night looks like a spotlight.
This is my problem with the new resorts. There is so much artificial light at night from the smoke detector, microwave, etc. riviera is my home resort and I sleep terribly there due to the bright flashing light on the smoke detector, even when we try to cover it. I never had this problem at pvb, bwv, or bcv.

That door gap was larger than usual so we put a towel across it.
I just glanced at the door to the hallway in our room and yes that gap is large. I am not as heavy of a sleeper as my wife so hallway noise is (and has been) bothersome at night.

It will be a while before I stay there but hope to add the opinion of a heavy sleeper to the conversation. Generally I pass out once I get to the room but have been annoyed by lights in the room before. Some light is okay but multiple small sources of light is annoying but not sure I will be bothered by a smoke detector. Since I am less sensitive I may come back and give that opinion. Sorry neighbors when my daughter cries when bedtime arrives. ha

I just glanced at the door to the hallway in our room and yes that gap is large. I am not as heavy of a sleeper as my wife so hallway noise is (and has been) bothersome at night.
Interesting. Usually hotels don’t have any visible gap, they use tight fitting doors, sometimes using a stiff plastic broom-like material attached to the bottom of the door to manage the need for an expansion gap. I wonder if they’re literally not done with the doors.

I do the same thing with a towel and I use electrical tape where the towel doesn't work.

Interesting. Usually hotels don’t have any visible gap, they use tight fitting doors, sometimes using a stiff plastic broom-like material attached to the bottom of the door to manage the need for an expansion gap. I wonder if they’re literally not done with the doors.
There are several small things that aren’t done, but mostly on the exterior of the building.

It will be a while before I stay there but hope to add the opinion of a heavy sleeper to the conversation. Generally I pass out once I get to the room but have been annoyed by lights in the room before. Some light is okay but multiple small sources of light is annoying but not sure I will be bothered by a smoke detector. Since I am less sensitive I may come back and give that opinion. Sorry neighbors when my daughter cries when bedtime arrives. ha
As my husband pointed out I am the sound sleeper of the two of us...I am sleeping in the bed under the smoke detector and tbh just noticed it was there this morning. Haven't really noticed any other light at night in the room but then again I can take a nap midday while they are doing stair construction work a little ways down and the curtain are wide open, so I'm definitely not a light sleeper.

As my husband pointed out I am the sound sleeper of the two of us...I am sleeping in the bed under the smoke detector and tbh just noticed it was there this morning. Haven't really noticed any other light at night in the room but then again I can take a nap midday while they are doing stair construction work a little ways down and the curtain are wide open, so I'm definitely not a light sleeper.
Well with a toddler and full days we sleep a little harder but will assume most construction is done also within next months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter