NO TIME TO SHOWER, Get up, get dressed... were going to DISNEY! (update: 5/17)

Jrabbit910

Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!
Welcome to my Trip Report... :flower3:

For this trip the cast is:
DH-J- His first trip to Disney was when I surprised him for his 30th Birthday. He never had any desire to go so this was the only way to get him there. :rolleyes1 - He now loves it :woohoo: (not as much as me but it works).

Me-Jess- My first trip to Disney was when I was 17-have been going ever since. I have loved it since I got cable and watched it every morning on tv as a little girl. I am a mom of a wonderful baby boy & I am pregnant w/ my second child (which we just found out we are having another boy:lovestruc ). I enjoy every minute of being a mom (well almost every minute:headache:

DS- JT- almost 15 months- went to Disney when he was in my belly, so I know the love for Disney is in his blood. He is a big fan of Playhouse Disney. We watch it every morning. He loves to dance & I think he has a crush on Darby! :upsidedow This was his first trip and hopefully there will be alot more to follow! :thumbsup2

This is a old picture of my family- it was taken last year at my DS christening.

2007-07-10_0111-1.jpg

Pre Trip Report- THERE IS NONE!!!
As the title of my trip report says... there really wasnt anytime to prepare, plan or even pack for this trip! As you will soon find out how it all happend!!!

TRIP REPORT HOT LINKS:

ARE WE REALLY GOING?!??! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25091374&postcount=4
PACK YOUR THINGS-WERE GOING http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25099478&postcount=11
ARRIVAL- PART 1http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25100238&postcount=15
ARRIVAL-PART2 http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25104632&postcount=21
DAY1 @ DHS- http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25124981&postcount=39
DAY1 continued- http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25126729&postcount=40
DAY1- EPCOT- http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25144293&postcount=53
END OF DAY 1- DTD- http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25166922&postcount=59
DAY 2- Mothers day at MK! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25167512&postcount=60

[TRIP REPORT- UPDATE

About a month ago plans were made to go to Atlantic City NJ for Mothers day. My mother, grandmother, sister & in-laws all had plans to go to AC for the day but as you can tell things were changed.

(side note: Everyone still went to AC but me!!)
Slots.gif

On Friday, May 9th I woke up and started to Dis :surfweb: . J was lying on the couch and I looked over at him and said instead of going to A/C why dont I see if there are any flights going to Orlando & spend the weekend at Disney. He looked at me like I had 12 heads. :laughing: He really thought I was kidding but I started to look and the prices they were giving me and they were crazy insane. I am pretty sure the price they quoted me over the computer was $1500.00, for the two of us including a lap baby. :scared1: Then I said forget it so I started to Dis some more.... :surfweb:
When all of a sudden I said WAIT A SECOND... I know someone that works for Continental- let me give them a call- so I did just that.

(side note: the person that I called goes to WDW frequently using his job connection so I know he loves it as much as I do!!)

So after I got off the phone w/ our friend, J asked me what happend and I said he had to call me back... so J went back to watching some more tv!!!
At this time JT wakes up and I go take care of him, feed him breakfast & then I bring him into the living room and asked him if he wanted to go see Mickey. DH told me he will see him next year...

(sn- JT was supposed to see him this Sept- we booked our trip and had to cancel it because of our surprise pregnancy- new baby's delivery date was the same day as the departure date, so J and I decided we will rebook for 2009 w/ the two of them).

About 11:30 my phone rings and its my friend- he tells me he can get us a buddy pass and we can get on the plane but the only thing is we need to be at the airport ASAP.. flight leaves at 4- which means we had to be there by 2! So I start freaking out and J said where are we supposed to stay?!?!? I said DISNEY- well that didnt go as I planned.... :sad2:

Stay tuned for more... I have to get dinner done!!!
:headache:

About 11:30 my phone rings and its my friend- he tells me he can get us a buddy pass and we can get on the plane but the only thing is we need to be at the airport ASAP.. flight leaves at 4- which means we had to be there by 2! So I start freaking out and J said where are we supposed to stay?!?!? I said DISNEY- well that didnt go as I planned.... :sad2:

:headache:[/QUOTE]
that's crazy! i would've had massive anxiety!lol. I need to plan plan plan...and then worry and then convince myself to calm down.lol. i know i need therapy or somethig. can't wait to see how ya'll made it!:rotfl:

I'm joining in! I'd love to just hop a plane and take off to Disney World...man oh man...fun fun fun

Great start - looking forward to reading more!

Thanks for reading! :flower3:

:headache:
that's crazy! i would've had massive anxiety!lol. I need to plan plan plan...and then worry and then convince myself to calm down.lol. i know i need therapy or somethig. can't wait to see how ya'll made it!:rotfl:[/QUOTE]

:lmao: Believe me I love planning, its all part of the fun. I worry all the time too & my DH tells me Im crazy!!! :laughing: .. This was a huge curve ball!!! :rotfl: The most anxiety I had was the plane... I really didnt know how I was going to handle it w/ the baby.

Can't wait to learn where you stayed.

Thanks for reading!

I'm joining in! I'd love to just hop a plane and take off to Disney World...man oh man...fun fun fun

Welcome & Thanks for reading!! :)

*TRIP REPORT UPDATE*

Good Morning All!

Leaving off w/ the phone call and the dilema on where to stay.... :confused3

So I tell J that we are going to stay at Disney, that was until I looked online and it said that you cant book a stay online w/o 3 days notice, Im thinking to myself THATS CRAZY..there has to be people out there that do this all the time (right?!?!)... So I called Disney and got a great cm on the phone, His name was Fernando. He said he couldnt beleive what I was doing and would help me in every way possible. (Let me remind you.. J was still on the couch~laughing at me & telling my son I was crazy). Anywho, Fernando searched his computer for any and all open reservations. He said there was nothing open for Friday or Saturday night :scared1: at a value but could get me into a deluxe on saturday night then transfer me over to a value on Sunday...Now folks, I would have said yes right away but if I did J would have blown a gasket and we wouldnt have been leaving the living room. So I explained to Fernando that I had a budget to stick too and there was no way I could pay almost $400.00 for one night when I wanted to pay that for the length of the stay plus it was starting on Saturday night and I needed something for Friday night. He completley understood and tried as much as he could to help me. Well nothing happend... Staying on Disney property was just not in the cards... I didnt feel like looking for another hotel online anymore.:guilty:
At this point I gave up hope & I am feeling really blue. I call my Airline friend up & tell him that Disney is full and he suggests his time share.
(side note: As much as my friend loves Disney, he has never stayed on property :scared1: so he doesnt know that feeling) I thought to myself this isnt for real?!?! NO WAY are we getting a time share for the money I want to spend. So again I tell J whats going on... the clock is ticking away for us to get on this flight and all he could do was laugh at me! :rolleyes:

Finally minutes later my phone rings, our friend can get us into his time share for $45.00 a night!! :woohoo: I couldnt believe it. I thought he was kidding me. I told J to get up & get dressed we are going to DISNEY!
(side note: J was on vacation this whole week, usually he is up and at em but this week he knew we werent doing anything, or so he thought, and he just became a lounge hog).

I told J to pack whatever he had (which turns out to be a horrible story for later on) & I would pack my stuff and the baby's stuff.
Well here goes another bump in the road... I let my Dsis borrow my luggage and she had it. We didnt have anything here but bags. I was running around the house like a nut trying to remember every essential thing for JT, calling my sister on the phone and telling her I needed my luggage. Of course she doesnt know whats going on and I really didnt have time to tell her so I said "I JUST NEED MY LUGGAGE"- God only knows what she thought... :lmao:.
We throw everything in a bag & I ended up running over to my sisters house to get my carryon & I pack in the car.
(sn: Dont pack in the back seat of a moving vechicle while pregnant. It was very sickening :sick: )

This is great! I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to do this! Can't wait to read more.:goodvibes

TRIP REPORT UPDATE

We finally get to Newark Airport w/ minutes to spare only to find out our plane was delayed because of the bad weather. Now is where my nerves start to kick in... I keep thinking to myself- Is this really happening?!?!? Am I about to get on a plane ?? OMG, what if my son has some kind of meltdown and I cant calm him down... I have heard so many stories about kids on the plane and I wasnt really prepared for this BUT to my surprise JT was WONDERFUL!
Here is a picture of him enjoying his first flight!
JTsfirstflight.jpg

We finally land & MCO is a mess. There is some major construction going on but I wasnt focused on the airport. I needed a bathroom & we needed to find Avis rent a car... We get to Avis and check in (While in the airport, we put a reservation on a car).
Another reason why I love staying on Disney Property... Disney Transportation but since that wasnt happening we had to rent. We get our car and J takes out his GPS. Now I love my husband to death but even with a GPS we still GOT LOST :headache: !!! We ended up in the Animal Kingdom back lot where they bring in the animals & everything else. WAY COOL! I asked the security guard if he knew where the hotel was that we were staying at and he did... Turned out the hotel was right down the block from AK!!!

The hotel that we stayed at was The SIlVER LAKE RESORT- Here is a picture of the part that we stayed in. I never took a picture of the inside as it was wrecked right away (boys)

JakesFirstDisneyTrip169.jpg

What I liked about the resort-
* It was clean *It was close to Disney *Nice Pool Area * The water pressure in the bathroom was great for a hotel * They had a fridge w/ a Freezer * They had a microwave * Very close to fast food places & the supermarket.

What I didnt like about the resort-
* It wasnt a disney hotel * No maid service * No towel service- they only exchange towels on Tuesdays or something like that... * No restaurants besides a bar and bar food & they dont provide transportation, you need a car!

So now that we are in our room I decided to unpack and relax the night. As I start unpacking I realize that my darling husband forgot a bunch of his things...

Stay tuned for the next episode folks, I promise it wont be disappointing!! :rotfl:

I'm nervous too about getting on a plane with my baby. she is a demanding one , lemme tell ya! :eek: and she doesn't care who knows it! No qualms about my dd3 happy as a clam...12hour road trips...she's down.:angel: but my baby just cries and cries. eeek! The hotel looks nice...it must be a thing with time shares...stayed at one in puerto penasco once and no maid service, towels only exchanged on wed. no restaurants, etc, etc..but it was still lovely!:)

keep it coming!can't wait to read more!:flower3:

This sounds like so much fun. Can't wait to hear more.
Thanks for reading & Welcome!!! :)

WOW - I wish I could be so spontaneous - I am jealous!!
My DH is not spontaneous at all; this was all me. I think he only went along with it cause I said "If I said this to a friend, we would be gone already.. no questions asked!!" :laughing: He gave me a look and got moving!! Congrats on your upcoming wedding... Are you nervous & is it going to be a big wedding???

I'm nervous too about getting on a plane with my baby. she is a demanding one , lemme tell ya! :eek: and she doesn't care who knows it! No qualms about my dd3 happy as a clam...12hour road trips...she's down.:angel: but my baby just cries and cries. eeek! The hotel looks nice...it must be a thing with time shares...stayed at one in puerto penasco once and no maid service, towels only exchanged on wed. no restaurants, etc, etc..but it was still lovely!:)

keep it coming!can't wait to read more!:flower3:

I have a feeling the new baby is going to be totally opposite then JT. My DH said it would be nice if we could afford a nanny & have her deal w/ them when they get crazy!! :laughing: There were so many kids on the flight & I can honestly tell you that we hardly heard any of them. I hope that when you do travel its a nice & calm flight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter