No pen or paper in Villa any more?

FWIW, might be an ‘industry trend.’ I’m currently cruising and there is neither notepad or pen in my stateroom. Table mates in a Suite said they found the same. And worse, the single pump dispenser in the shower contains a “2 for 1” shampoo + body wash. Ewww. Yuk.

I showed up at the Mystery Theatre dinner last night with my own paper (from my personal journal) for taking notes and jotting down my questions. Made the entire table jealous! “Where did you find paper??” LOL. I can’t bring my knife when traveling ... but I can, still, carry paper. New weapons in the intel game.

Thursday we spend a night in OKW studio, now in SSR one night one bedroom to do laundry after the wonderful Merrytime Cruise. 🎅 No paper or pens in either unit, BUT plenty of toilet paper and tissues in both.
The extra TP is probably in lieu of a note pad. Now you just need a pen.

To confirm what others have said, I stayed in a 1BR at the Villas at the Grand Californian last week, and there was a pad of paper and pen by each of the three phones. The only thing there wasn't enough of was bar soap for the shower (I don't like to use liquid body wash). They had 2-ounce tubes of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and hand lotion (two sets since there were two bathrooms). There was a bar of soap for each bathroom sink, so I took one bar for the shower.

Regarding toilet paper, I got tired of the thin, useless TP Disney supplies, so I just add a 6-pack of decent TP to my Amazon Prime Now shopping list each trip. Housekeeping is the beneficiary of any unused rolls at the end of the trip.

We checked into a BLT studio on 12/1 and didn't have a notepad nor a pen. I didn't notice until I started to write a note to housekeeping on T&T day requesting plasticware and paper plates/bowls were were running low on in the kitchenette. I added that we needed a notepad and pen to the list on the post it notes I carry in my purse. We got everything on this including the notepad and pen. I guess it is a request item now.

My question is, if we leave money on out, is housekeeping suppose to assume it is for them for a tip or should they leave it sitting there as there is no note of thanks as we are paperless and without a writing pen now? I guess I could write on coasters if need be.

Thanks for requesting the pad, and I am glad to know you got it!

In a 2 bedroom at VWL now, no pad/pen, but once again, plenty tissues and TP.

I was in Jambo in September, and had no pad, no pen, and no hand lotion. I was told hand lotion was no longer being supplied. But I just got back from OKW in a studio, and there was no pad, no pen, but there WAS hand lotion!
There was a cup in the library at Hospital House with pens for the taking.
And by the way, a few years ago I checked into a studio at OKW, and right next to the pad and pen on the nightstand, a previous guest had written phone numbers INTO the wood!

I wish I had read this thread before we left for our trip in November. We had no pen or paper at Pop. I had planned on writing out our plans for each day when I got there, but that didn’t happen. 🙄

Thanks for the suggestion. I will.
I tried. The communication I received back was 2 weeks later from Disney Guest general services (never heard back from DVC at all) and the biggest form letter response one could expect. There was no sympathy, compassion, or caring. And I was extremely complimentary to the Boardwalk and Reddy Creek staff (seriously amazing people), as they were amazing.
Hope no one has to go through what we did that night. Merry Christmas to all.

I tried. The communication I received back was 2 weeks later from Disney Guest general services (never heard back from DVC at all) and the biggest form letter response one could expect. There was no sympathy, compassion, or caring. And I was extremely complimentary to the Boardwalk and Reddy Creek staff (seriously amazing people), as they were amazing.
Hope no one has to go through what we did that night. Merry Christmas to all.
So sorry. This makes me sad. I can only hope that maybe the message will slowly get through to them as others report problems....

So sorry. This makes me sad. I can only hope that maybe the message will slowly get through to them as others report problems....
Don’t be sad. We’re all ok and the cast members at the boardwalk (and the management) were truly amazing. I don’t interact with admin or guest services. The people I actually dealt with were wonderful. Thank you Reddy Creek. The note pads will always have a place in my memory. Have a great Christmas.

We just left VGF and was suprised how much we used pen and paper that was supplied. None on this visit and we wanted to write down the following days plans each night. Able to use coloring sheets from kids menus but still getting ridiculous how little deluxe accommodations have. Little issue but in a long line of other stuff.

I guess I could write on coasters if need be.
[/QUOTE]
Now that you mention it, I haven't seen the paper WDW coasters for a while...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter