No one needs to know we are going to Disney again, right? - Update 11/20!

Joining the party a little late, but I am enjoying your report very much! I love your room at WL - shame about the noise during the day though.
Lucky you to be able to go again next month - I dream of being able to do that!!! It's a bit too far for me...!!! :rotfl:
Looking forward to hearing more - thanks for sharing your vacation! :flower3:

Great update!

We have stayed at both POR and POP, they are both great! We really spend no time in the room so prior to buying into DVC, we would always just look for the best deal. It seems you really just pay for the lobby, the more you pay, the nicer the lobby:laughing:!!!! I did really enjoy POP's food/restaurant area (great for the kids).

Wow, it seems you had crazy crowds during this trip! We just got back from a Halloween trip to Disneyland and we also experienced CRAZY lines.:scared1:

:welcome:
Joining the party a little late, but I am enjoying your report very much! I love your room at WL - shame about the noise during the day though.
Lucky you to be able to go again next month - I dream of being able to do that!!! It's a bit too far for me...!!! :rotfl:
Looking forward to hearing more - thanks for sharing your vacation! :flower3:

:welcome: I loved the room, super cute. I am very excited to go again! Yes you are far, but you are in Australia! How awesome. I am stuck in Minnesota all year where winter seems to last for 6 months and when summer does come it is hot and humid. :rotfl:

Great update!

We have stayed at both POR and POP, they are both great! We really spend no time in the room so prior to buying into DVC, we would always just look for the best deal. It seems you really just pay for the lobby, the more you pay, the nicer the lobby:laughing:!!!! I did really enjoy POP's food/restaurant area (great for the kids).

Wow, it seems you had crazy crowds during this trip! We just got back from a Halloween trip to Disneyland and we also experienced CRAZY lines.:scared1:

You have a very good point about how much time is actually spent in the room. I think I am going to stick with POP! I want to go to Disneyland some day. Were you there for a whole week or just a few days?

Happy Tuesday Dis Friends! I thought I would share some photos regarding the November trip.

A few weeks ago I went shopping at TJ Maxx and found these two Precious Moments. I don't usually collect these but I could not resist.

DSCN0623.jpg

Last week I ordered this shirt for kyle from Old Navy.

DSCN0629.jpg

Today these shirts came for me from the Disney Store. They were 2 for $28 and I got free shipping.

DSCN0626.jpg

Lastly, here is the Mickey mail I received over the past week. ME, Welcome booklet & luggage tags, and our Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tickets!

DSCN0619.jpg

Great updates, don't know how I missed them! :eek:

Ugh, you guys look miserable waiting in line for the Jungle Cruise! I don't do well with the heat, either!

Isn't the whole TSM thing totally out of hand? I wish everyone would just get over it. When can it become just a normal, popular ride? I mean, it's a lot of fun, but there's no way I'm waiting an hour or more for it. I wish the Disney guidebooks would stop telling people to run over there first thing.

Ugh, your lunch at DHS looks terrible. I don't blame you for going to Epcot to eat somewhere good! :thumbsup2

Don't you just love getting mail from Mickey? It makes the trip seem so real and close when the snail mail arrives.

I love the Precious Moments you got a TJ Maxx. I think a quick trip to my store is in order. I get a new figurine every trip.

Great updates, don't know how I missed them! :eek:

Ugh, you guys look miserable waiting in line for the Jungle Cruise! I don't do well with the heat, either!

Isn't the whole TSM thing totally out of hand? I wish everyone would just get over it. When can it become just a normal, popular ride? I mean, it's a lot of fun, but there's no way I'm waiting an hour or more for it. I wish the Disney guidebooks would stop telling people to run over there first thing.

Ugh, your lunch at DHS looks terrible. I don't blame you for going to Epcot to eat somewhere good! :thumbsup2

Hey! Welcome back! I was very disapointed with Jungle Cruise that day. If I knew it was going to be such a long wait in that heat I would have been on one of my favorite rides instead.

TSM is so out of hand, makes me sad that it still such a big deal. Hoping next year when new things open in MK it will die down.

Don't you just love getting mail from Mickey? It makes the trip seem so real and close when the snail mail arrives.

I love the Precious Moments you got a TJ Maxx. I think a quick trip to my store is in order. I get a new figurine every trip.

I love getting mail in general (except for bills) but especially anything Disney!
HAHA, Love that I encouraged shopping for you. I need to go back and see if they have anymore. They are way more affordable at TJ Maxx than anything I have found at a Disney store and online.

After our daily nap/TV time we decided to get a small dinner from Roaring Forks before heading over to the Magic Kingdom. We were going to the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party tonight! :cool1: I have heard so many wonderful things about the dessert party that I was completely shocked and overjoyed when I was able to get a reservation. I think I was trying for a period of two weeks straight when one slot opened up. Since we knew that our actual “dinner” would consist of desserts we decided to each order the kids burger. After our light meal we decided to head to the bus stop.

DSCN0453.jpg

DSCN0454.jpg

The bus stop for MK was pretty empty. It consisted of us and two parents and their son. We waited about 10-15 minutes for the bus and then we were on our way. We had some time before we needed to check in so we just walked around to pass the time.

DSCN0455.jpg

DSCN0456.jpg

Yummy! Someday I will buy one of each color and enjoy them at home to remind me of the parks.

DSCN0457.jpg

DSCN0458.jpg

Rice Krispie bars are my favorite all time treat. During my college days, in my dorm cafeteria it was the running joke with all my friends that rice krispie treats were the only dessert I would ever get. I can’t remember how much these were, but I think I may purchase one this November.

DSCN0459.jpg

So we started to head to the Tomorrowland Terrace and I could see people lining up. Well, when I see a line, I feel like I need to join it, even though we were there about 30 minutes earlier than we should have been.

DSCN0460.jpg

DSCN0461.jpg

We waited and waited, but I didn’t complain, I was too excited to complain! In line a little ways in front of us was the family from the bus stop! We ended up talking to them while watching the fireworks. They were from Kentucky and would be driving back the next day. I kind of wished we lived close enough to drive. I think it would allow me to sneak in more Disney time rather than getting to the airport so early. Oh well, what can you do.
After waiting awhile a CM came around and checked our name off a list and gave us these pretty cool wrist bands. OK, they weren’t really cool, but they meant I get to go in soon!

DSCN0462.jpg

We waited another 15 minutes and then were lead in one family at a time. Our table was right next to the desserts, which was good and bad. Good because I had close access, but bad, because this meant multiple trip temptations. This is where I become a bad Disser. Because we were so close to the food, I felt weird taking photos of it because people were always in line getting stuff, but I did get one photo plus one picture of our plates.

DSCN0466.jpg

DSCN0463.jpg

DSCN0467.jpg

We both got raspberry lemonade which was delicious and thirst quenching after standing in line for so long. The crème brulee in the little white coffee mug was delicious! I know love crème brulee. The little round cup with the white goodness on top was a mini cheesecake which was excellent. Kyle doesn’t even like cheesecake, but he ended up eating two of those!
DSCN0464.jpg

View from our table.

When the show was about to begin everyone got up from their table and walked over to the railing. This is where I learned my camera is very bad with night time photos, but here they are anyway.

DSCN0468.jpg

DSCN0471.jpg

DSCN0473.jpg

My favorite!

DSCN0478.jpg

DSCN0480.jpg

It was beautiful and I was teary eyed.

There was a little chaos exiting the park so we ducked into a couple of more stores. Sorry, no pictures. Coolest thing I saw was a glass blower. I had no idea that was even happening in MK. I am stopping by again. If I weren’t so afraid of breakage in the suit case I would love to buy a piece from that store.

We easily got on a bus and were soon back to WL for a great nights rest.

Great update! I loved the Dessert party when we did it last year, and my favorite thing was the creme brulee in the little cups! :thumbsup2 Isn't that castle show amazing?? I saw it for the first time on this recent trip and I really, really loved it!

Just got caught up. Great updates. This TR sure makes me want to stay at Wilderness Lodge! That's awesome that you are going in November. Our trip in November last year was the best weather of any we took! And the Christmas Party is a lot of fun! Oh, and Pop is great for sleeping!

Great update! Did you think the dessert party was worth the money? I am contemplating doing it next year - if they have it on, of course..!!:confused3
I love desserts, and I would love the view of the fireworks!

Thanks! :flower3:

Great update!!!! Do you recall how much the Dessert Party was? I'm looking to possibly booking it in Dec but can't seem to find a price on it!

I love all of your buys..You know I collect those Precious Moments!!! I think I have around 10-15..crazy right?!

3 weeks till your trip!!!! Wooooo!!!

Great update! I loved the Dessert party when we did it last year, and my favorite thing was the creme brulee in the little cups! :thumbsup2 Isn't that castle show amazing?? I saw it for the first time on this recent trip and I really, really loved it!

I love the castle show, it was so great! I love the dessert party, wasn't able to get a ressie this time around.

Just got caught up. Great updates. This TR sure makes me want to stay at Wilderness Lodge! That's awesome that you are going in November. Our trip in November last year was the best weather of any we took! And the Christmas Party is a lot of fun! Oh, and Pop is great for sleeping!

Hi MN Friend! I am glad you said the weather was good that time of year! One year we went at the end of November/first week of December and it was cold at night! Hoping mid November is just right :thumbsup2 Hoping POP is great!

Great update! Did you think the dessert party was worth the money? I am contemplating doing it next year - if they have it on, of course..!!:confused3
I love desserts, and I would love the view of the fireworks!

Thanks! :flower3:

The dessert party is so worth the money. Just the view alone and not having to worry about people standing in front of you. I wish the would post a schedule for the dessert party, I hate not knowing if it is even being offered when we are there or not.

Great update!!!! Do you recall how much the Dessert Party was? I'm looking to possibly booking it in Dec but can't seem to find a price on it!

I love all of your buys..You know I collect those Precious Moments!!! I think I have around 10-15..crazy right?!

3 weeks till your trip!!!! Wooooo!!!

Thanks! I just checked my bank statement and the price for two of us was $46.84. I think it was worth it. The dessert was great, we had our own table and a great view of the castle. I felt special with my green wrist band and "private" show.

Sunday Nov. 13th
Our flight leaves this morning at 7:10 AM CST and we will get to Orlando at about 11:30 EST. We live about 35 minutes from the airport so we will probably leave my car at my work which is about 15 minutes from the airport and take a cab over. Once we arrive in Orlando we will board the ME to
Pop-Century-Resort.jpg

I requested a perfered room.

If our room is ready we will unpack and relax a bit, if it isn't we will head straight to
hsopeningday1.jpg

We have an ADR at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater at 2:50. Hoping to ride Rock 'n' Roller Coaster for the first time before our meal and maybe snag a fast past to Toy Story Mania if there are any left.

After lunch we will head back to POP and look around the resort and then maybe eat dinner there. We will head back to Hollywood Studios as they have EMH until 11pm! I also think the Osborne Family Lights will be going on so we will check that out for the first time!

This first day is indeed a day of firsts. This will be the first time we will visit a park on the day we arrive, the first time eating at Sci-Fi, first time riding Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and first time seeing the Osborne Family Lights.

Two weeks!

Monday Nov. 14

We will start our morning at Magic Kingdom. I will have to make a stop at the Main Street Bakery for something great for breakfast. The rides to hit will be Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Pooh, Haunted Mansion and Mickey's PhilharMagic to name a few. I am open to suggestions for lunch. I was thinking of the Columbia Harbour House since we have never eaten there.

We will then journey back to POP and take our daily nap :goodvibes and return to the Magic Kingdom that night for extra magic hours until 11 PM! We have an ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern for 8:30. I am hoping to get in earlier, so keep your fingers crossed for me.

Up next, finishing of the May/ June trip report in 1-2 updates.

Great plans so far!!!!! Maybe I can meet you at DHS on the day you arrive and see the lights!! I plan on going as much as possible now that I'm living here!!!

Columbia HH is a great choice! They have changed their menu a bit but it's still really great and has a bunch of new options which I love! Pecos Bills is my 2nd favorite!!!

You are going to LOVE the Osborne Lights, they are so much fun! :banana: And wait until you see the castle, all lit up...amazing!!! :lovestruc

You have a very good point about how much time is actually spent in the room. I think I am going to stick with POP! I want to go to Disneyland some day. Were you there for a whole week or just a few days?

:woohoo: Woo-Hoo on your POP choice!!!

We spent 4 days at Disneyland, it's usually MORE than enough time but the dates we were there (Columbus Day weekend and someone else told us it was Canadian Thanksgiving), it was soooo crowded that there were some things on our list that we never accomplished.:scared1: Who knew that Columbus Day weekend is one of the top dates to avoid Disneyland!!!!!

Great plans so far!!!!! Maybe I can meet you at DHS on the day you arrive and see the lights!! I plan on going as much as possible now that I'm living here!!!

Columbia HH is a great choice! They have changed their menu a bit but it's still really great and has a bunch of new options which I love! Pecos Bills is my 2nd favorite!!!

That would be very awesome to meet you for the lights at DHS on that Sunday! It would be my first Dis meet :cool1:

You are going to LOVE the Osborne Lights, they are so much fun! :banana: And wait until you see the castle, all lit up...amazing!!! :lovestruc

I am so excited!!! I will have to make myself stay awake and cranky free. I am pretty sure I will have to be awake at 3:30 that morning. :confused:

:woohoo: Woo-Hoo on your POP choice!!!

We spent 4 days at Disneyland, it's usually MORE than enough time but the dates we were there (Columbus Day weekend and someone else told us it was Canadian Thanksgiving), it was soooo crowded that there were some things on our list that we never accomplished.:scared1: Who knew that Columbus Day weekend is one of the top dates to avoid Disneyland!!!!!

I would love to go to Disneyland. I have been trying to think of what else to do in CA to make it a weeks vacation. I figured 2 days at a Disneyland resort would be good and then maybe 3 or 4 night somewhere at a beachy hotel, just don't know CA too well to know where to go. I will check all international calanders before booking a trip to DL. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter