No one needs to know we are going to Disney again, right? - Update 11/20!

I love the name of your trip report. That's what I think every summer when people ask me where I am going on vacation. I answer Florida and then they laugh and ask "Disney"? I can't help it I am addicted.

Lucy

I love the name of your trip report. That's what I think every summer when people ask me where I am going on vacation. I answer Florida and then they laugh and ask "Disney"? I can't help it I am addicted.

Lucy

Thanks Lucy! I know exactly what you mean. We only told a few people that we were even going because I get teased by almost everyone for going so much. :lmao:

So I left off with just noticing a second text that said our room was ready...again :confused3 and instead of 4037 it was 2120. Now while trying to enjoy our bus ride but really just anticipating our room assignment on the nearly empty bus, the family of four were getting a little annoying. The father grabbed the daughters flip flops from her feet and threw them down the length of the bus. The daughter jumped up and ran to get them (while the bus was in motion). I could tell the mother was a little annoyed/embarrassed and told him to knock it off but she also just kind of chuckled as he did it again....Some people's kids - er, I mean some people's parents :rotfl:

When we pulled up to what would be our home away from home for the next 6 nights were hurried off the bus and grabbed our carry on bag that we had checked with vallet and walked into the beautiful lobby. I didn't know whether to stand in the check-in line or the concierge desk. Both lines had about 2 people waiting. We ended up waiting in the check-in line. The CM that had checked us in earlier was still there but she also had a trainee with her, so it was taking a little bit of time. When it was our turn I explained that we received two text messages with two room numbers and showed both CMs the phone. They both thought it was strange. She advised that they do not send the text messages from the hotel but that it is done else where. They both apologized and we both said that it was OK. I chimed in that I will take which ever room is better, which made the trainee chuckle. ;) The CM advised that we would be in room 4037. She thought maybe the person assigned to room 2120 had the same area code, she checked but that was not the case. It will forever remain a Disney mystery as to why we got that second text.

On the way up to our room I took a picture of this.
5886054583_1a40cf3802_z.jpg

I am not sure why I didn't take photos of the rest of the lobby at this time, but I did later.

We were told to head towards Roaring Forks and to take the elevator that is just passed the dinning area up to the 4th floor. Since we were near Roaring Forks, I thought that we should invest in resort mugs. When we stayed at POR we rarely refilled the mugs because we were never near the dinning hall. I told Kyle that I would meet him up in the room after I got the mugs. I entered Roaring Forks which was a little busy and looked for the mugs but didn't see them. At POR they were right by the grill, but I couldn't find them here. I walked up to where you pay and asked a CM where they were. She pointed behind her indicating that they were behind the counter. :rolleyes1 LOL, whoops, so didn't see them there. I told her I wanted two. She was kind of funny because she motioned me to come closer and to lean in. She was whispering that they were open until midnight and that I can refill with the fountain drinks as much as I wanted. She also whispered the total and the fact that there was a sink next to the fountain drinks. I guess she just liked to whisper.

5913766193_6142e6de6a_z.jpg

I found our room pretty easily.

5914320706_2dc5167c02_z.jpg

5914321602_9d48b6a0b1_z.jpg

5914322496_1394afe2ea_z.jpg

Self portratit :)
5913762585_b7136056f8_z.jpg

5913764409_e17c5aed8a_z.jpg

view from deck
5914326106_71fb952dc5_z.jpg

5914324370_82a556f8a4_z.jpg

I just love this and want it in my home!
5914444770_84717a7704_z.jpg

I really thought the headboard was great.
5913885631_f17c069c08_z.jpg

5913884665_17c84bbc2a_z.jpg

Overall, I loved this room! It was hot the whole week so I was glad that the AC worked so great.

Since we had been up since 3 AM and I pretty much no sleep that night, we decided to nap and then head to Magic Kingdom later since it was open for EMH until 2 AM. Kyle made fun of me 3 times this trip for my DIS abbreviations :rotfl2: First was for when I said EMH, next was for when I said CM, and 3rd was when I said ADR.

Before drifting off to sleep, I watched a little Stacy Must Do and then changed the channel to the local news station. The Casey Anthony trial was on and I have to admit I got very hooked that week. In fact, every day that we napped, I mostly watched the trial while Kyle slept.

Up next - Magic Kingdom EMH/please, anything but Pecos Bill

Wow your room is in such a great location! :thumbsup2 And the room is so beautiful! And that view is perfect! Can you tell I love the WL? :rotfl:

Did you find the courtyard view to be too noisy? I'm so worried about that for October! I want to put in a room request, but other than a 4th or 5th floor room, I don't know what to ask for! :)

Can't wait to hear about MK!

Great view!

It was a great view. I just wish we would have enjoyed the deck more.

Joining in! I'd love to stay at the Wilderness Lodge! It's gorgeous! :love:

:welcome: We loved it as well!

Subbing in and loving your TR! :goodvibes Hurry and add more pics and details!

:welcome: I plan on procrastinating on house work tomorrow by doing another update :rotfl:

Wow your room is in such a great location! :thumbsup2 And the room is so beautiful! And that view is perfect! Can you tell I love the WL? :rotfl:

Did you find the courtyard view to be too noisy? I'm so worried about that for October! I want to put in a room request, but other than a 4th or 5th floor room, I don't know what to ask for! :)

Can't wait to hear about MK!

I think I am picking up a slight love that you have for WL :rotfl:It was noisy, but more on that later. We actually didn't put in any requests. We booked the trip on Expedia and the courtyard view was included.

I think I am picking up a slight love that you have for WL It was noisy, but more on that later. We actually didn't put in any requests. We booked the trip on Expedia and the courtyard view was included.

Oh no, that's what I'm worried about! :eek: Did it seem like any of the courtyard sections were quieter than others? I really wanted a woods view, but they were all booked, woods view is so quiet and peaceful! Was it noisy bc of the pool? (If you don't want to get ahead of yourself in your TR talking about the noise, PM me! :laughing:) Ugh, I'm stressing out now!!! :scared1:

Joining in!:goodvibes I love the title of your report. On our last trip, we didn't tell very many people because we didn't want to hear..."You're going back to Disney again?":rolleyes1 Anyway, loving your report so far! I'm hoping to stay at the WL one day.:cloud9: What a great view from your room!!!:thumbsup2

Great pics of your room and the view!

That's strange about the two room numbers allocated still being a mystery! :confused3

Can't wait to get one of those pink refillable mugs!

Laughed out loud at your following comment - hilarious! :rotfl:

He read the update and was like "seeing your wife say you were right all over the internet, priceless!"

Side note: I just had a mini breakdown. I just spent an hour and a half writing this update and was 5 minutes away from publishing it when I lost it all. Arg! :mad:(Side note over)

So after watching the Casey Anthony case for awhile, I fell asleep. I ended up sleeping a little longer than I wanted to. I guess I was really tired. Kyle can sleep all day if you let him. On weekends if we have no plans he has no problem sleeping until 2 PM. We woke up about 7 PM and decided to unpack. I always unpack because I hate having to dig through the suitcase trying to find something. I even unpack for very short trips. We freshened up and decided to head to the boat. Kyle loved taking the boat to DTD when we stayed at POR so he was all about taking the boat to the Magic Kingdom.

I just love the path to the dock, it is so pretty. I would have taken pictures but there always seemed to be people right behind us. When we reached the dock there were tons of people waiting for boats on both the MK side and the Resort side. A small boat was docked on the resort side but it would take a few more to get all the people standing in line on their way. We jumped in the MK line and within a few minutes several people had lined up behind us. A father and his two sons were in front of us. The father said they took the boat yesterday with no wait, but tonight they had already been waiting awhile. I snapped some pictures of the view from the dock.

5914349836_8efda49c76_b.jpg

5913767115_46e9d2ac5f_b.jpg

I could just sit on this dock all night and watch the beautiful sky, but I won’t, because I really want to go to MK!
5914349840_29d262c459_b.jpg

Another boat had come and gone on the resort side, but none for the MK side. I was worried that even when a boat would come that it would be small and we would still be waiting. We debated about hopping out of line and going to the bus stop, but we had already invested so much time waiting in this line. I am glad we stayed because within a few minutes a large boat had arrived. As the line moved closer and closer to the boat I was worried that the captain would cut the line right at us, but he didn’t. The boat was filled to the max and I think everyone that was waiting was able to get on.

5914349850_f85fd886b7_b.jpg

When we reached the dock at MK I went to stand in line for my least favorite thing, bag check. I always seem to get into the slowest line possible. I am sure it was only a minute or two but it always seems like forever.

As we walked into MK I could tell the Electrical Lights Parade was about to start. We both decided that we didn’t need to see it as neither of us cared for it when we saw it in October. There is just something about that music that freaks me out. Anyone else feel the same? We decided to book it to Adventureland so that we wouldn’t get stuck. For the first time I didn’t get a picture of the castle!

We bobbed and weaved our way through the crowds and made it to Adventureland. Pirates of the Caribbean had a posted wait time of 20 minutes so we got in line. It was really hot in there, probably because people were standing so close together. It ended up being more like 30 minutes by the time we were loaded into the boat. I asked the CM if we could sit in the front row and you could tell he was not happy with my request. He told us to wait to the side and made us wait for two more boats. On the previous trip we were randomly seated in the front row and it was great so I wanted to ride in the front again. The group of people that were in front of us had asked for the last row and it didn’t get any hassle, not sure why he didn’t like my request. :confused3 The ride was great as usual and I was glad I had asked for the front row.

After our “cruise” we decided to get something to eat. I really didn’t want to eat at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn. I really like the burgers there, but we always seem to eat there when at MK. Guess where we ate? Pecos Bill. :rotfl2: I just always get a brain freeze when trying to pick a place to eat so we always go there. If anyone has any suggestions for a quick service restaurant at MK, let me know.

Kyle ordered the bacon cheeseburger and I got the kids hamburger meal as I wasn’t all that hungry.

5914349860_1300c2b725_b.jpg

After our late dinner we decided to go to my favorite ride, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! The time posted was 10 minutes but after we had walked up the walk way we could see that there was no way it was 10 minutes. It took 40 minutes, but I was OK with it as it was my favorite ride and the first time riding it this trip. While waiting we could hear but not see that Wishes was going on, bummer! We were assigned the second row on our train. I was a little worried as we had been in the first row before and the ride didn’t seem as thrilling. I was actually pleasantly surprised with the second row. It was fast and fun. Of course it could just be that I was excited to be on my ride again.

Up next was It’s a Small World. We hadn’t ridden this ride on our last two trips so we decided why not. Surprisingly there was actually a wait!

5914349866_de97a3284c_b.jpg

We were behind a group of teenage girls who kept throwing coins into the water, like the whole wait. They weren’t just throwing them in the water, they were also throwing them against the walls so that it would bounce into the water. They would also stop to take pictures several times as the rest of the line was moving. I kept my fingers crossed that we wouldn’t be seated with them and luckily we were not. I tried to take photos inside the ride but they always came out super blurry. But I am sure all of us know what the ride looks like anyway. ;)

After ISM we decided to ride Mad Tea Party. Neither of us had ridden it before so we were excited to try something new.

5914349870_09b601c472_b.jpg

5913955845_1fbe52732a_b.jpg

I have a Flip Video camera so Kyle decided to take video of our ride, but I will not be posting it on here. The video was super close up, so pretty much just our faces and the fact that we were spinning. This will be a cherished family memory. :laughing: It was a fun ride!

After all the spinning we decided to take a ride on the PeopleMover. I just love riding this at night, so relaxing and great to see all the lights. I really wish there was an option to stay on for another ride since it is never very busy anyway. After the PeopleMover we walked over to the Haunted Mansion, but the line was long and we were pretty tired of standing in long lines that night. We decided to head out. Kyle’s feet were starting to bug him anyway. MK was open until 2, but there was no way we were going to make it.

We stopped at a food cart and bought a couple of waters and a bag of cotton candy for me. I just love cotton candy. We started to walk toward the buses and I became really nervous. The lines were huge. The line for POR was way out of the bus area and I started to have flash backs to waiting for over an hour last October. The bus stop for WL was at the end of the line and since they had some kind of construction thing up I couldn’t see the stop. To my surprise there was only one other couple waiting! A couple of minutes later a bus driver getting ready to start her shift had joined us. She was very friendly and recommended that we check out Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review. She said whenever she had family come to town she always brought them there. Maybe next time we will check it out. The bus came within about 10 minutes and we were on our way “home”.

I stopped to take some photos in the lobby before heading up to the room.

5914518076_a86f0a2bf9_b.jpg

5913958321_a2eda95d8f_b.jpg

5913959251_c312976be0_z.jpg

We were in the room and getting ready for bed by 12:30.

Up next: 2 new rides for us at AK

I'm joining in! We were there the week before you, and also got very hooked on the Casey Anthony trial during our trip. We are considering staying at WL our next trip, and I'm afraid to tell people we are going again so soon, lol.

Just joined in...I think your trip report is great, looking forward to more. We loved our stay at WL a few years ago and your pictures brought back some great memories!

Love the pictures of the view from the dock! :thumbsup2 I can imagine it would be hard to tear yourself away from the beautiful spot!

Oh no on the POTC CM not liking your request - what's wrong with asking to sit at the front? :confused3

Sounds like you had a great start to your trip!

Just discovered your TR and am joining in! Sounds like you two had a nice night at MK, despite the grumpy PoTC CM. I've ridden BTMRR in the second row before and have to agree with you, it's a lot of fun! :thumbsup2

Great pics of your room and the view!

That's strange about the two room numbers allocated still being a mystery! :confused3

Can't wait to get one of those pink refillable mugs!

Laughed out loud at your following comment - hilarious! :rotfl:

He read the update and was like "seeing your wife say you were right all over the internet, priceless!"

I love the pink mug! I wish they would change them every year so I had an excuse to buy one everytime :) Shhh don't say that you laughed at my husbands comment, we don't want him to get a big head. :rotfl:

I'm joining in! We were there the week before you, and also got very hooked on the Casey Anthony trial during our trip. We are considering staying at WL our next trip, and I'm afraid to tell people we are going again so soon, lol.

So strange that in the happiest place in the world we watched such a depressing thing in our down time.
LOL other people just don't get our love for Disney and the need to go back again and again!

Sounds like a full and fun evening!

It was! But it felt like we should have done more!

Just joined in...I think your trip report is great, looking forward to more. We loved our stay at WL a few years ago and your pictures brought back some great memories!

:welcome: Thanks for posting and reading! I can't wait to go back.

Checking in - can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

:welcome: Thanks so much!

Love the pictures of the view from the dock! :thumbsup2 I can imagine it would be hard to tear yourself away from the beautiful spot!

Oh no on the POTC CM not liking your request - what's wrong with asking to sit at the front? :confused3

Sounds like you had a great start to your trip!

It was a great first day, but aren't they all? :thumbsup2 I loved that dock. Wishes I had taken the time to just enjoy the view.
I guess maybe I will just be super sweet next time and say "If it isn't too much trouble, could we get the front row? We don't mind waiting." :worship:

Just discovered your TR and am joining in! Sounds like you two had a nice night at MK, despite the grumpy PoTC CM. I've ridden BTMRR in the second row before and have to agree with you, it's a lot of fun! :thumbsup2

:welcome: I could ride BTMRR all day! I wonder if there is a Guiness World Record for riding it X number of times. I would like to beat it if they let me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter