No news on Treasure for Summer 2024 release? Or did I miss it?

ngl

DIS Veteran
I am looking through the Summer 2024 release and looks like Magic and Fantasy going to new island. I did a quick scan so maybe I missed it but no mention of Treasure. Is there talk of where that ship will be put when it (allegedly) sails in summer 2024? Sorry if I missed it.

Have they said summer 2024 already or just 2024? I don’t remember hearing Disney give a time of year.

Is it still assumed she will take over the Fantasy?
Because the Fantasy took over the 7-night Magic sailings out of Port Canaveral when it launched and the Wish took over the 3- and 4-night Dream sailings out of Port Canaveral when it launched, I'd say it's a safe bet that the Treasure will take over the 7-night Fantasy sailings. To my knowledge, nothing about its itineraries has been officially announced yet.

With the Treasure don’t you think they will try to get as many sailings as they can? I would have thought that part of the reason for the Wish doing 3/4 night sailings was because they could get more people to sail her.

With the Treasure don’t you think they will try to get as many sailings as they can? I would have thought that part of the reason for the Wish doing 3/4 night sailings was because they could get more people to sail her.
When both the Wonder and the Fantasy launched they both sailed 7-night itineraries. There is just no reason to speculate they would change the pattern now, even with a third ship in the same class on the way. They do indeed replace the 3/4 night ship first to get more folks sailing on the newest one earlier, but now that one has been swapped they will very likely do the same for the 7 night itineraries. Not everyone will do a short cruise - they want to catch folks who like longer ones too.

Wish replaces Dream. Treasure replaces Fantasy.

Just like when the Dream and Fantasy launched, one for the short Bahamian cruises, one for the longer Carib cruises.

When both the Wonder and the Fantasy launched they both sailed 7-night itineraries. There is just no reason to speculate they would change the pattern now, even with a third ship in the same class on the way. They do indeed replace the 3/4 night ship first to get more folks sailing on the newest one earlier, but now that one has been swapped they will very likely do the same for the 7 night itineraries. Not everyone will do a short cruise - they want to catch folks who like longer ones too.
IIRC, the Wonder (except for special occasions) did 3 and 4 night Bahamas sailings until 2010 (or 2011?) when she moved to the West Coast. Then they moved her back and forth a little bit and now she's back out West year round.

But with the Dream class, the first ship did 3/4 and then the second did 7 so I'm guessing they are sticking with that. The bigger question is what they will do with the Fantasy.

IIRC, the Wonder (except for special occasions) did 3 and 4 night Bahamas sailings until 2010 (or 2011?) when she moved to the West Coast. Then they moved her back and forth a little bit and now she's back out West year round.

But with the Dream class, the first ship did 3/4 and then the second did 7 so I'm guessing they are sticking with that. The bigger question is what they will do with the Fantasy.
Gotcha, and thank you! That was definitely before my time and I'll remember that for next time it comes up.

Seems like at present we have the Wish (PC), Magic (Ft L) and Dream (Miami) all doing short cruises from Florida for much of the year. That is plenty... the Treasure BETTER be doing longer ones or the Fantasy is going to get mighty lonely in those far flung destinations all by herself!

Gotcha, and thank you! That was definitely before my time and I'll remember that for next time it comes up.

Seems like at present we have the Wish (PC), Magic (Ft L) and Dream (Miami) all doing short cruises from Florida for much of the year. That is plenty... the Treasure BETTER be doing longer ones or the Fantasy is going to get mighty lonely in those far flung destinations all by herself!
My guess is:

Magic: Fort Lauderdale
Wonder: San Diego/Vancouver/Australia
Dream: Fort Lauderdale/Europe (maybe Galveston or New Orleans?)
Fantasy: Port Canaveral/New York (maybe Galveston or New Orleans?)
Wish: Port Canaveral
Treasure: Port Canaveral

*Disney seems to like having the Fantasy do those 7/7 Caribbean sailings so I'm guessing they make her part time at PC and they put her and the Treasure on opposite ends each week. While one is in the WC, the other is in the EC. Then in the summer, she'll do Canada, Bermuda, and Bahamas from NYC. Maybe through in Galveston/New Orleans? I'm not up to speed on what the contract says with those cities.

*I remember reading that Fort L needs a year round ship and also that Disney is phasing the Magic out of Europe due to her age and the fact that she doesn't meet environmental requirements in most of Europe anymore. So she will stay in Fort L for the Bahamas and Caribbean.

*Dream basically takes over what the Magic used to do. Split between US and Europe. Maybe throw in Galveston/New Orleans?

*Others are straight forward and not too different than what we know and what's been reported

I took a nap earlier today so I'm wide awake and spent way too much time thinking about this 😂 but to me it'll probably look something like this

My guess is:

Magic: Fort Lauderdale
Wonder: San Diego/Vancouver/Australia
Dream: Fort Lauderdale/Europe (maybe Galveston or New Orleans?)
Fantasy: Port Canaveral/New York (maybe Galveston or New Orleans?)
Wish: Port Canaveral
Treasure: Port Canaveral
Don't forget the "MEGA" ship and the yet to be named ship for 2025..

I just checked, the Disney Wish reveal video came out on April 29, 2021 and then you could start booking Wish cruises on May 27, 2021, over a year before the original inaugural sailing. I wonder if they'll do something similar with the Treasure?

I get why they're doing it, but it's kind of a bummer that the two 'regular' ships at PC look like they'll be the two newer ships. For people that aren't a fan of that design (as we've heard so much feedback about the Wish and trepidation about the Treasure), that means likely cruising out of another port. No, FLL isn't that far away, but if you're used to PC and like PC it's a bit of a bummer.

It's not a huge deal, more of an observation than anything. Curious to see what the Fantasy will do once the Treasure comes as that's my favorite ship.

I get why they're doing it, but it's kind of a bummer that the two 'regular' ships at PC look like they'll be the two newer ships. For people that aren't a fan of that design (as we've heard so much feedback about the Wish and trepidation about the Treasure), that means likely cruising out of another port. No, FLL isn't that far away, but if you're used to PC and like PC it's a bit of a bummer.
Currently the new ships can only sail from PC (and a quick Google possibly Miami also, as the new royal ship is homeporting there) due to the type of fuel they use.

At one point Disney had 3 ships sailing from PC (Dream and Magic on short trips, Fantasy doing the 7 nights) so it’s not inconceivable that in winter months they homeport 3 ships at PC.

I hope they try a ship in NY during the summer (again, the Magic did one season) as I would love to do a Bermuda cruise not in late September or October.

I really hope the dream or the fantasy go out of New Orleans, that is our home port. The limited time promotion always made me nervous they would drop the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter