• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

No news on Treasure for Summer 2024 release? Or did I miss it?

Currently the new ships can only sail from PC (and a quick Google possibly Miami also, as the new royal ship is homeporting there) due to the type of fuel they use.

At one point Disney had 3 ships sailing from PC (Dream and Magic on short trips, Fantasy doing the 7 nights) so it’s not inconceivable that in winter months they homeport 3 ships at PC.

I hope they try a ship in NY during the summer (again, the Magic did one season) as I would love to do a Bermuda cruise not in late September or October.
I seem to remember that there is a new terminal at PC being built or refurbished that will be used by DCL as well, so this indicates more than two ships being at PC in the future. But I think the deal with PC includes at least two new ones going from there year round.

I think the contract states that Disney must have two year round ships and one seasonal ship at PC. Wish and Treasure will be year round and Fantasy will be seasonal I bet. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, they aren't doing Miami anymore. They will sail from Fort Lauderdale instead. Same sailings and same ships: Dream/Magic doing Bahamas and Caribbean.

I'm interested to see what happens with the Treasure. I really don't think it'll move to the 7 day itineraries. Disney makes the most off the short 3/4 night cruises. Add that to the popularity and jump in prices from how it went for the Wish and I'd be willing to bet they'll put the Treasure as a 3/4 night ship for the first year.

It'd make more sense to me if they moved the Wish to the 7-night sailings and put the Treasure in the 3-4 night out of PC to replace the Wish.

Obviously just speculation but that's where my financial brain would take it. Yes, they could do exactly what was done for the Dream and Fantasy or they could change it up depending on which financial model makes the most sense.

I'm interested to see what happens with the Treasure. I really don't think it'll move to the 7 day itineraries. Disney makes the most off the short 3/4 night cruises. Add that to the popularity and jump in prices from how it went for the Wish and I'd be willing to bet they'll put the Treasure as a 3/4 night ship for the first year.

It'd make more sense to me if they moved the Wish to the 7-night sailings and put the Treasure in the 3-4 night out of PC to replace the Wish.

Obviously just speculation but that's where my financial brain would take it. Yes, they could do exactly what was done for the Dream and Fantasy or they could change it up depending on which financial model makes the most sense.
I think I have heard that the Magic started with 3/4-night cruises and once the Wonder came, the Magic started doing the 7-nights. So both models have a historic reference.

I think I have heard that the Magic started with 3/4-night cruises and once the Wonder came, the Magic started doing the 7-nights. So both models have a historic reference.
The Magic started 7 night eastern Caribbean cruise in Aug/Sept of 2000. The Wonder came on board in 1999 so for a year both Magic & Wonder did the 3/4 night cruises.

As DCL Repeaters mentioned, Magic and Wonder both did 3/4 night cruises the first year. The other thing we have to remember is we are now talking 6 ships in the fleet AND a new Disney port. Companies do not always follow historical patterns. They follow the best financial patterns and modeling for the business.

Disney focuses on those 3/4 night cruises as that's where the biggest profit is for them. They're the most popular with new cruisers and by adding a new ship or destination to it they attract seasoned cruisers as well.

Its hard to say exactly what will happen. It most certainly possible for the Treasure to go to the longer 7 night sailings, financially I could see it being more profitable for them to put it on a 3/4 night for the first year. I really hope its going to 5+ night sailings as my family is wanting to focus on longer sailings but time will tell!

As DCL Repeaters mentioned, Magic and Wonder both did 3/4 night cruises the first year. The other thing we have to remember is we are now talking 6 ships in the fleet AND a new Disney port. Companies do not always follow historical patterns. They follow the best financial patterns and modeling for the business.

Disney focuses on those 3/4 night cruises as that's where the biggest profit is for them. They're the most popular with new cruisers and by adding a new ship or destination to it they attract seasoned cruisers as well.

Its hard to say exactly what will happen. It most certainly possible for the Treasure to go to the longer 7 night sailings, financially I could see it being more profitable for them to put it on a 3/4 night for the first year. I really hope its going to 5+ night sailings as my family is wanting to focus on longer sailings but time will tell!
That's the other thing. I don't know if DCL has ever had this much flexibility with what they can do with ships and ports. They could completely mix it up if they wanted to because now they can. Once the Treasure comes, the fleet will have nearly doubled in the past 10 years.

Currently the new ships can only sail from PC (and a quick Google possibly Miami also, as the new royal ship is homeporting there) due to the type of fuel they use.

At one point Disney had 3 ships sailing from PC (Dream and Magic on short trips, Fantasy doing the 7 nights) so it’s not inconceivable that in winter months they homeport 3 ships at PC.

I hope they try a ship in NY during the summer (again, the Magic did one season) as I would love to do a Bermuda cruise not in late September or October.

Oh right, I had forgotten about the fuel issue and PC. It does make a lot of sense.

And yes, I hope that DCL will have a 'seasonal' ship that's not Triton class, for the reasons I enumerated earlier. Still, having the Wish and Treasure be the 'regular' ships is still a bit limiting. But I guess we will see (and let's be honest, it won't stop me from cruising with Disney)!

The press release about the Mega Ship sailing out of Singapore specifically mentions it will be the 7th launched ship in 2025. So we at least know the Treasure will launch first, lol….

As I recall Disney originally marketed 3 and 4 day itineraries that could be combined into a 7 day itinerary when DCL first launched.

Could be wrong but that is my recollection.

I also hope that ships other than the Triton class sail out of PC. We sail out of Port Everglades next January on the Dream and not really looking forward to the longer travel time between WDW and the port.

Sidenote: I guess that we can say that we were one of the first people on DCL at Port Everglades bc we had to briefly dock for a medical emergency on the Wish.

The press release about the Mega Ship sailing out of Singapore specifically mentions it will be the 7th launched ship in 2025. So we at least know the Treasure will launch first, lol….
Another interesting bit was that they called the Treasure and the other new build a "Wish class ship" - they weren't talking about Triton class anymore. Might be a mistake, but could also be a change in nomenclature!

I also hope that ships other than the Triton class sail out of PC. We sail out of Port Everglades next January on the Dream and not really looking forward to the longer travel time between WDW and the port.

Sidenote: I guess that we can say that we were one of the first people on DCL at Port Everglades bc we had to briefly dock for a medical emergency on the Wish.
I think the Magic or Fantasy will but not the entire year. It would be neat to see the Magic return to Port Canaveral for a reunion of sorts. I can't remember the last time she sailed out of PC.

Another interesting bit was that they called the Treasure and the other new build a "Wish class ship" - they weren't talking about Triton class anymore. Might be a mistake, but could also be a change in nomenclature!
I noticed that when I read it too and thought/wondered the exact same thing

Today was the keel laying ceremony.

I looked up the timeline for Dream and Fantasy between keel laying and maiden voyage. Dream was 17 months, that would mean end of August 2024 for Treasure. Fantasy was only 13.5 months, so that would mean mid May 2024 for Treasure.

I think the keel laying is a bit of a ceremonial thing and Meyer Werft has changed the way they build these ships a bit it seems, but it looks like a summer maiden voyage is not totally out of the question despite it not being released with the other ships.

I looked up the Keel laying for the Wish and it was April 8th 2021 so we are basically at the exact same point (give or take a week or so) and it's the Treasure so a summer 2024 cruising start is not out of the realm of possibility for the Treasure. Wish itineraries and sailings were also sold separately from the rest of the fleet.

I looked up the Keel laying for the Wish and it was April 8th 2021 so we are basically at the exact same point (give or take a week or so) and it's the Treasure so a summer 2024 cruising start is not out of the realm of possibility for the Treasure. Wish itineraries and sailings were also sold separately from the rest of the fleet.
I agree but I think they’ll be more cautious with the date after the Wish maiden pushbacks.

This is good as I’m looking for October.

And the wish sailings went on sale in may 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter