No longer a Pop Century fan

rock_doctor said:
If you can stay longer by going to Pop then i would go that direction also. Just check in as early as possible and check out your room as soon as you can. Seriously, there are like 4 million rooms at Pop (not really but you get the point). Stuff does slip though. If money is an issue try all stars they are a couple dollars cheaper and the rooms are nearly identical. Have a great trip.

2,880 rooms to be exact!! ;)
72 rooms per floor, 4 floors per bldg. = 288 rooms X 10 bldgs. (Max occupancy is 11,220 - this does not account for infants qualified to sleep in pack & plays)
When POP Century opened it was the 10th largest hotel in the US and the 27th largest in the world.
Just in case you wanted to know....LOL!

I have stayed at everything from a Motel 6 to a 5 star in Florence Italy. Every vacation comes with different expectations. Clean and habitable are the minimum. If the POP is not that, I'll voice my opinions. As for quiet, I sleep with earplugs all the time because I can't stand background noise of any kind including traffic. At BC we had hallway noise that bothered me so I wore them. Perhaps a room NOT facing a pool area would be good. It's Disney, there will be kids and there will be people and I will be prepared.

I am giving it a shot for the kind of off-season but lacking the proximity to F&W...we will see if my BF begs for a Deluxe in the Epcot area again. I am game, I'm in the Disney Bubble.

I doubt it will be my last trip to the world so I am up for an experiment.

Staying at POP will allow us to stay onsite which is important to me. The rental car would eliminate the offsite savings.

You'll will be fine. Also remember you can rent a car from many different rental companies in DTD. So if you find you have a need for a day or two you can take the bus into DTD and pick it up. You can also pick up the local Lynx city bus and take it to the local walmart. I think you have to get the Lynx at the TTC. Don't know on that one...

I have to ask- why were you just hinting around? Why didn't you just tell him that the maintenance/room condition problems were unacceptable and you demanded to me moved to another room?

My thoughts exactly! WHY didn't you take care of the issues at the front desk? The way I know Pop - they would have had maintenance there within 20 minutes. They cannot fix something they don't know about.

As far as trash not being emptied - calling the front desk would have taken care of that situation also.

Pop management doesn't stay in all of the rooms. If there are problems - tell THEM! Complaints "after the fact" cannot be fixed. We are actually doing the front desk a favor when complaining about maintenance or housekeeping issues at any resort. It gives them the opportunity to make it right.

We love Pop! I hope you have better luck next time. Mickey doesn't want you to be upset! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter