No Idea how FP and Rider Switch works

wendlle

Aussie Wendy
This trip we will have two kids, one will be tall enough to ride most rides except the REALLY big ones, the other will be only 10 months old.
Typically we use FP very well, but how is it used with rider switch?
We would like to both ride with our older Daughter. How does this work?
I have no idea how it all works at WDW.
Can we both ride with our Daughter one after another? Or can only one adult and DD go on ride then when we switch only the other adult rides, or can the other adult and DD go again?
I'm extremely confused about it all - I thought I knew all there was to know about WDW except for this!

This trip we will have two kids, one will be tall enough to ride most rides except the REALLY big ones, the other will be only 10 months old.
Typically we use FP very well, but how is it used with rider switch?
We would like to both ride with our older Daughter. How does this work?
I have no idea how it all works at WDW.
Can we both ride with our Daughter one after another? Or can only one adult and DD go on ride then when we switch only the other adult rides, or can the other adult and DD go again?
I'm extremely confused about it all - I thought I knew all there was to know about WDW except for this!

Book one fast pass for parent one and daughter, the whole family proceeds to the fast pass line when it’s time and parent 2 and daughter can get rider swap added to their magic band to do once parent 1 and daughter are done. Then parent 2 can wait with 10 month old while they ride and switch when done.

OK that makes sense except what do I do with Parent 2's fastpass selection? Won't it means we have some FP selections for Parent 2 that will never get used because we all want to ride?
I'm so confused about it all.
I figured we would all book the exact same fastpass selections - but in your scenario we don't.

Parent 2 can book a FP for a nearby ride to go on with the 10 month old while Parent 1 and the older child are riding whatever ride you just got the rider swap for.

Parent 2 can book a FP for a nearby ride to go on with the 10 month old while Parent 1 and the older child are riding whatever ride you just got the rider swap for.

Does this still work? We would do just that , but I haven't been to disney since the change last June.

Some people have stated everyone needs a FP. My DD went with her family in early Dec and make FP for everyone "just in case" even for the child who couldn't ride. I think she just made changes as they went along.

Does this still work? We would do just that , but I haven't been to disney since the change last June.

Some people have stated everyone needs a FP. My DD went with her family in early Dec and make FP for everyone "just in case" even for the child who couldn't ride. I think she just made changes as they went along.

The vast majority of reports have been that Group 2 did not need FP. There have been a couple of reports that state they were asked for FP on certain rides only but they did have them for everyone (so no way to know for sure if they would have been denied the RS), or that they didn't have FP and were told to schedule one for everyone next time, but they still weren't denied RS for not having FP for Group 2.

So basically, it may still be a risk not to have FP for Group 2, but I haven't seen a report of someone personally being denied a RS due to someone in Group 2 not having FP. It's up to everyone what they choose to do given the reports, but there doesn't seem to be a totally cut and dry answer.

I would not chance not having the same FP for all. Our last trip, they had us all scan in our FP before adding the swap. Same at Disneyland. Not worth the risk if they tell you no. Just book all the same FP's.

We always book every member the same fastpasses and the ones that my 4-year old brother can't ride, we get a switch pass for. We just take him up to the fastness check-in with us and they adjust our fastpasses to where whoever stayed behind with him the first ride can ride the second time and bring 3 guests along as well (there were 8 in our party this last trip).

We use RS. I always book a FP for one adult and the child(ren) tall enough the ride. Then, I book a nearby attraction for the too short kiddos and the other adult. I have never had an issue.

I think i'd rather just book for all of us if that's possible.
There's only a handful of rides that we will need the rider swap for and those ones don't have a kiddie ride near them anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter