No good upgraded magic bands available, why?

I thought things were finally fixed, so imagine my disappointment when every magic band we wanted was showing up, but they all ended up being out of stock. :badpc:

I thought things were finally fixed, so imagine my disappointment when every magic band we wanted was showing up, but they all ended up being out of stock. :badpc:
Yep! After seeing yesterday only the color bands and this morning seeing all of the updated selections I thought maybe chances will be better. I was able to get 3 into our "bag", but couldn't get what my daughters wanted. My youngest went back online 10 minutes later to make sure I did it right & to try to get her band. The 3 bands were gone. 😞

Now it's back to showing only the colored bands. I'm not one to complain. In fact, in all of my trips to Disney I've only complained once and it was because our room was dirty upon check-in, but I finally bit the bullet and sent them an email. I know it's not going to do any good, but maybe if enough people say something they will eventually realize what a complete disaster this is and hopefully will put a new procedure in place. It's not going to help those of use who have trips coming up soon, but maybe it will help those guests with trips in the future.

Now it's back to showing only the colored bands. I'm not one to complain. In fact, in all of my trips to Disney I've only complained once and it was because our room was dirty upon check-in, but I finally bit the bullet and sent them an email. I know it's not going to do any good, but maybe if enough people say something they will eventually realize what a complete disaster this is and hopefully will put a new procedure in place. It's not going to help those of use who have trips coming up soon, but maybe it will help those guests with trips in the future.

Amen! Same here. I sent an email asking them if they were aware or attempting to resolve the issue. Believe it or not, I got a response back pretty quick. Here is the text of the email. The subject was “merchandise”:

Dear D23 Guest,
Thank you for your recent email and your candid feedback. We appreciate the fact that you took the time to convey your thoughts to us and truly value everyone’s perspective. D23 prides itself in providing quality entertainment and merchandise for all and we will continue to make every effort towards achieving that goal.
While our limited number of advanced online reservations are now full, additional seating will be available through standby queues at all locations that offered StorePass and StagePass, along with Talent Central. In addition, the D23 Gold Member priority queue will provide first access to general seating for Hall D23 and D23 Expo Arena. For more information: http://bit.ly/2KkAsvU
We are looking forward to seeing you at the Expo!
Sincerely,
D23 Guest Relations

I have never been to DL. Only WDW. I am not going to D23, nor am I a media person. At this point, it’s just comical. 😂😂

Anxious to see what response you get back.
##- Please type your reply above this line -##
[M793MG-ZDOY]

Amen! Same here. I sent an email asking them if they were aware or attempting to resolve the issue. Believe it or not, I got a response back pretty quick. Here is the text of the email. The subject was “merchandise”:

Dear D23 Guest,
Thank you for your recent email and your candid feedback. We appreciate the fact that you took the time to convey your thoughts to us and truly value everyone’s perspective. D23 prides itself in providing quality entertainment and merchandise for all and we will continue to make every effort towards achieving that goal.
While our limited number of advanced online reservations are now full, additional seating will be available through standby queues at all locations that offered StorePass and StagePass, along with Talent Central. In addition, the D23 Gold Member priority queue will provide first access to general seating for Hall D23 and D23 Expo Arena. For more information: http://bit.ly/2KkAsvU
Sincerely,
D23 Guest Relations

I have never been to DL. Only WDW. I am not going to D23, nor am I a media person. At this point, it’s just comical. 😂😂

[M793MG-ZDOY]

Hmmmm.... that's so strange! What email address did you use? I sent mine to guest communications, but haven't gotten a response back. I mean, I got the generic "we received your email and will get back to you", but that's about it. I'll definitely keep you posted with what the real reply is though! I swear if it's something about D23 I think I may need to be committed. :p

Hmmmm.... that's so strange! What email address did you use? I sent mine to guest communications, but haven't gotten a response back. I mean, I got the generic "we received your email and will get back to you", but that's about it. I'll definitely keep you posted with what the real reply is though! I swear if it's something about D23 I think I may need to be committed. :p
Sent direct through their website to this address: merchandise.guest.services@disneyparks.com

Only thing I can figure is that I mentioned that I knew this was a broad issue, and not just me, because it has even become a thread topic on the DIS Boards discussion forum. I guess maybe that got extracted from the body of the email?????

I'm down to my last day to order. 😔 Been trying for months for every combination of bands we’d be okay wearing. All that’s left besides the standard color plain bands is the giant pile of ineffective pixie dust to soak up my sweat and tears. Alas, our trip will be the slightest bit less magical but also the slightest bit less expensive. All the best to those still trying!

Dear D23 Guest,
Sincerely,
D23 Guest Relations

[M793MG-ZDOY]
Sounds like there was yet another glitch and you received the wrong automated response. Just another farce in this continuing fiasco.

I have been trying to get 2 since the first day. Still no luck. I have gotten as far as payment but have never been able to pay and complete the purchase. This has been weeks now! Absolutely crazy! SO, this morning there were 50 'available'. I tried to get any 2 that were not plain coloured. I didn't even try just for the ones that I really wanted just out of curiosity to see if it would let me get to payment. Out of stock! Really????

There really is no excuse for this! The technology exists to be able to take orders and fulfill them, even with high demand. Removing out of stock bands should bar automatically done by the program. It should be obvious to Disney that they need far more quantities of the special order bands than. they are supplying.

This isn't a positive guest experience.

I'm down to my last day to order. 😔 Been trying for months for every combination of bands we’d be okay wearing. All that’s left besides the standard color plain bands is the giant pile of ineffective pixie dust to soak up my sweat and tears. Alas, our trip will be the slightest bit less magical but also the slightest bit less expensive. All the best to those still trying!

Are you still trying today? Good luck!

I wonder if anyone has tried to resolve this when they get to DW. I thought I read somewhere, maybe here, that some guests got vouchers to get the bands they wanted at a disney store. They had to argue a bit with the cast member at checkout, but they did get them. I think I'll just wait and nicely, but sternly insist I get the bands I want after all this ridiculous online hassle.

I wonder if anyone has tried to resolve this when they get to DW. I thought I read somewhere, maybe here, that some guests got vouchers to get the bands they wanted at a disney store. They had to argue a bit with the cast member at checkout, but they did get them. I think I'll just wait and nicely, but sternly insist I get the bands I want after all this ridiculous online hassle.

I've read about the vouchers as well, but I found out about them from people who had ordered the upgrades and ended up receiving the plain gray ones or those who went to pick them up at check-in and they were nowhere to be found. I'll be interested to hear about the Disney Store angle.

I've read about the vouchers as well, but I found out about them from people who had ordered the upgrades and ended up receiving the plain gray ones or those who went to pick them up at check-in and they were nowhere to be found.

Those are the only vouchers I've heard about, too. If I don't succeed in the next few weeks, I'll probably just order a solid and buy a skin online. The cost is about the same, and that way I'm guaranteed that we'll have something fun instead of hoping it all works out while we're there.

I’ll keep trying because I’m not a quitter, but my expectations are low.

Good for you! Keep trying as long as you can - that's my plan at least. In the end a plain band isn't the end of the world, but it would be nice to get one of those upgraded ones for those that would like it. Here's a little more pixie dust. Can't hurt, I guess!
pixiedust:

If anyone sees this who has been successful lately, at what time did you order your bands? I thought my 5:30 a.m. selections with a bunch of bands shown this morning would work, but I see that myself and others were unsuccessful again.
Do the bands come available at midnight eastern time or 2 a.m. or what? Anyone... anyone... TIA.

If anyone sees this who has been successful lately, at what time did you order your bands? I thought my 5:30 a.m. selections with a bunch of bands shown this morning would work, but I see that myself and others were unsuccessful again.
Do the bands come available at midnight eastern time or 2 a.m. or what? Anyone... anyone... TIA.

I don’t think there is any rhyme or reason which makes this whole experience with the bands even more frustrating. I have been trying for months and, I am ashamed to admit, multiple times a day! On Saturday, my choices were limited to just the colors throughout the morning. I logged on about 3:25pm and was able to select the upgraded bands. I got a spaceship earth, a castle, it’s a small world and lion king with no trouble. Added them to my cart and checked out. In and out in like 3 minutes. It felt like I dreamed the struggle the last few months with them!

I think it really comes down to luck. I was on the very first day they became available, had 4 in my cart but thought to myself, let me ask which ones everyone wants and by the time I came back online that night they were all gone. I was so mad and disappointed in myself that I just didn't pick bands and surprise everyone because I literally had any one I wanted since it was the first go live day. So I waited, and I checked back different times of the day, different days of the week and low and behold, one night I was sitting online and it let me not only put 4 bands in my cart but it let me get through checkout. This was probably about 1 week before the deadline to order my bands for our trip 2 weeks ago. My son lost his at Typhoon Lagoon half way through our trip. We went to the front desk but she said they could only replace with a colored band. He had the Jack Skeleton one too.....bummer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter