No Fooling! The Amusingly Amazing April Exercise Challenge!

Wow! So many awesome color changes since I last updated our list! I am so impressed! Especially for those of you who have been sick or injured and are still getting what you can in! Any movement is great! So don't feel too bad, @galaxygirl76! I think you are doing awesome! AND you reached Pumba Purple so not too shabby! :rainbow:

And reaching Dory Pink are the following: @LizardQueen8 , @Shrfleen , @sophy1996 , and @Tasha228 ! :rainbow:

And a special congrats to @Twilight Sparkle and @PollyannaMom for being the first 2 to reach their goal for the month and reach Goofy WISH Green! :rainbow:

We have just a few days left this month so let's see how many more minutes we can do! Ironically, today is my rest day though lol.

So how about a few facts about Dory, our loveable forgetful fish friend! "Fish are friends, not food!" ;) *First 3 facts are from Finding Nemo, the rest from Finding Dory.*

rleT_gQrkOnl.jpg

1. Some were worried that Ellen DeGeneres wouldn't be able to perform her dramatic scene as Dory when she pleads with Marlin not to leave. The comedienne was asked to perform a rehearsal which would hopefully help her practice, but DeGeneres was so good from the start that most of the rehearsal audio was used in the final cut.

2. Dory does get Nemo's name right a total of seven times, four of them without being corrected first. Of course, some of these times are in quick succession. She also calls him Chico, Fabio, Bingo, Harpo, and Elmo, in that order.

. Marlin and Dory have opposite personalities. Their body colors are also opposite colors on the color wheel, orange and blue.

4. The idea for Finding Dory came about when the director, Stanton, watched Finding Nemo for the first time in 2010. As he was watching, he didn't know if Dory could ever find Nemo and Marlin again after getting lost. That's when he knew he had another story to tell.

5. Stanton always knew Dory's backstory and saw her as a tragic character.

6. The most difficult part about the movie was making Dory a main character and coming up with ways for her to self-reflect, despite having short-term memory loss.

7. During the writing process of Dory, the writers worked hard to make sure Dory showed some wisdom and didn't come off as too silly.

8. The most impossible parts of the story were Hank and Dory. Hank was created to get Dory moving across one setting, the Marine Life Institute.

9. Stanton wanted a movie that celebrates Dory's disability and challenges as a superpower.

10. The cinematographers made sure that the audience stuck with Dory throughout the film and were constantly experiencing new adventures as she was. For example, there's a scene where Dory is dropped into a tank. The way the film is shot, the viewer is with Dory in the tank, versus panning away and showing that scene from afar.

11. Humans were de-emphasized as much as possible to keep the story to Dory. This was done by making them silhouettes or using other techniques.

12. The scene where Dory is first placed into the Marine Life Institute took 146 takes, 13 months, and 18 artists and animators involved to render and complete.

13. The storyboarding process on Finding Dory lasted for approximately three and a half years.

14. A key difference between Finding Nemo and Finding Dory are the types of struggles the main character faces. Both have external and internal problems, but Dory's internal one is a lot more personal as she deals with her short-term memory issue.

15. You won't see much of today's world as the movie only takes a place a year after Finding Nemo.

16. Stanton wants the movie to feel like you're being told a story about someone you know really well.

17. The film made a point to focus more on the mother and daughter relationships aspect between Dory and her mother.

18. This film has more female characters than Finding Nemo. The reason? More female writers.

Congrats to @2manypets for being our next participant to complete the challenge and make it to Goofy WISH Green! :rainbow:

We are nearing the end, everyone! Get those final totals in over the next few days. I'll update the last totals Monday and Tuesday of next week! Congrats to everyone! Whether you reach goal or not, all minutes count!! :yay::)

Ah, yes, Sebastian! I love Sebastian from The Little Mermaid! However, the only major fact I could find about him was that he was originally intended to be snooty and British. Pretty glad they went with Jamaican and fun instead! ;) If any of you have additional interesting facts about him, please feel free to share!

images

Ah, yes, Sebastian! I love Sebastian from The Little Mermaid! However, the only major fact I could find about him was that he was originally intended to be snooty and British. Pretty glad they went with Jamaican and fun instead! ;) If any of you have additional interesting facts about him, please feel free to share!

Sebastian makes a cameo appearance in Aladdin. When Genie is looking through his book of Royal Recipes, he comes across a crab recipe, and out pops Sebastian.

20-minute walk

1125/1200

A few scattered minutes since my last post, totaling 35 new, for 735/450.

My Sebastian thing isn't a trivia fact so much as a recommendation. Sebastian is written about in a great book called "Life Animated: A Story of Sidekicks, Heroes, and Autism" -

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I49KKMG/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

It's a really inspiring story about a boy with autism whoelps him learn to communicate using Disney animated movies. He has a special place in his heart for Sebastian and the other sidekicks. I definitely recommend it!

4/23 70 minutes strength and yoga
4/24 rest
4/25 70 minutes cardio and yoga
4/26 45 minutes cardio and core
4/27 35 minutes yoga
4/28 55 minutes strength and yoga
4/29 80 minutes cardio and yoga
4/30 rest

900/1100. I'm amazed by the numbers since I missed well over a week of working out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!