nikon n65 anyone?

pattyT

DIS Veteran
I have been camera shopping - AUGH -
I knew I wanted an SLR (I've had every camera available but and want to start taking my own studio quality photos at home)

Anyone have the Nikon N65?
Opinions?
I did a search cuz I'm sure it is posted somewhere here on the dis already but the search wasn't working:rolleyes:

Hi -

I don't have a Nikon N65, but I have an acquaintence who does. He has no complaints. I met him in my beginner photography class at our local community college.

I use the Canon Rebel 2000.

I love the SLR cameras...it's the ease of knowing you can go totally automatic when need be, but also the freedom to go completely or partially manual when you want.

I've had great success with my Canon, and the biggest difference I see between mine and his is the weight, mine is slightly lighter. But we've even shared zoom lenses. I like my display a little more, he said that Nikon can be a bit harder to learn on, it's not as user friendly. But I would love either/or.

I do have a Nikon 4300 digital and I love it. :)

Hope that helps.

Some will argue that this is not as "high end" as the Nikon or Canon. However, I've had wonderful results and this was recommended to my DH by a professional photographer friend of ours when he originally was selecting.

I'd used the totally manual SLR type back in college but then went to the "pocket point & shoot" type for ease when the kids were little. About 3 years ago I was ready to move up as it were for more versatility and quality. Girlfriend just received the newest version this past Christmas.

What I like is that with the basic lens on the body it can be as simply point and shoot as anything out there. But it gives me tremendous range. I just shot an entire theatrical production using 1600 film and the light coming from the stage. Turned out great. I've also put long lenses on and from the stands managed to take some tight action shots on the football field.

My 2 cents worth,
Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter