• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NHL 2021/2022 Season Thread

Wild will lose to the Blues in the first round with Home Ice. Av's playing dirty last night might cost the Wild two players they could really use in that series and the Blues have had the Wild's number all year. Unfortunate pairing for the Wild.

Don’t see the penguins beating the rangers. If Jarry (starting goalie) wasn’t injured we’d be better, but unless desmith has a hot streak we won’t be doing well at all I don’t think. We need to play a good team defense to stand a chance.

My team is the Jets and I predict good things for us. We made a ton of quality choices this off season so we’re in a great position to make it to the playoffs and hopefully have a deep run. We desperately need a back up goalie because Hellebuyck can’t play all 82 games and Comrie is nowhere near ready to be an NHL backup.

Oh man, this did not age well. We have a solid team on paper but way underperformed. Lots of changes to come in the off season.

Flyers were putrid this year. Not just losing, but the way they lost. I wouldn’t be surprised if 25% of season ticket holders decline to renew.

Flyers were putrid this year. Not just losing, but the way they lost. I wouldn’t be surprised if 25% of season ticket holders decline to renew.
But the Phillies and Union are doing well, so all is not lost for Philadelphia sports fans.:-)

At least the Jets beat Seattle today. :confused3

Yes, but the season ended yesterday so pointless beyond pointless. A few players made comments that were like dynamite. Plus, rumours are that the gm is getting extended…again…for another three years. He’s the only exec that wasn’t fired or faced any repercussions for the whole Adam Beach nightmare.

I am. I usually don’t watch til the finals if the Jets aren’t playing, but I’ve entered a few pools this year, so I want to keep tabs on how I’m doing.

In March 1996 I attended a Florida Panthers game in the old Miami Arena and the team made it to the finals that year.

This past March was my next Florida Panthers home game at whatever name (the 4th or 5th?) their arena in Sunrise, FL is called.

Another trip to the finals???

Some fans still throw rubber rats on the ice after the game, and they have a cute rat secondary mascot.

1AE9EC39-554F-42C9-9B55-E152164C5F26.jpeg

Don’t see the penguins beating the rangers. If Jarry (starting goalie) wasn’t injured we’d be better, but unless desmith has a hot streak we won’t be doing well at all I don’t think. We need to play a good team defense to stand a chance.
Who would have thought we'd be sitting here in 2nd overtime after the Rangers were robbed of the 4-3 win with a terrible goal call back.

And what fantastic goaltending, by all 3 of them, for nearly a 2nd full game, LOL.

I sure thought we were done for it when our third string goalie came in cold in the second ot. It was a fun game to watch. I still don’t expect us to win but we played much better than I thought. Shesterkin was amazing. I think the pens had better opportunities than the rangers especially after the first period but he kept them in it.

As for the disallowed goal I could see either way. I was talking to my brother while they were reviewing it and said I could see either outcome being right. I’d have been mad if it happened against us, but it was right on the line of being pushed in and not trying to avoid contact, IMO. I think if he doesn’t make head contact it’s probably a good goal. Glad it worked in our favor but if they would have allowed the goal I could’ve seen that too.

Who would have thought we'd be sitting here in 2nd overtime after the Rangers were robbed of the 4-3 win with a terrible goal call back.

My favourite part of the playoffs is the long overtimes. I’m happy it wasn’t the Calgary game, because it would have ended at like 2am here

My favourite part of the playoffs is the long overtimes. I’m happy it wasn’t the Calgary game, because it would have ended at like 2am here
Back during our 2 longest games (couple more but they aren't in the top 10 of the NHL) I was working 12 hour shifts, so going to bed at 3 am for 2 hours then getting up at 5 to get ready for work wasn't fun, LOL.

Gotta go way back to 1936 to beat the Flyers at Pens #3 spot. Pens at Capitals hold the #5 for 2 of the top 5 longest games. I think unless I'm mistaken, intermission was a full 20 minutes back then as well, so they dragged on longer for the viewer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter