Next Round of Discounts?

Matthew Caito

Mouseketeer
Since the first round of 2019 discounts just came to a close, do we think there will be any more room only discounts or packages for the Fall? I am going in November and already have a room ,but looking to a room at POR however i would like to upgrade to a deluxe. Hoping for a round of room discounts to help ease the pain for guest with SWGE opening and ticket increases. Maybe Disney will try to entice guest to come down multiple times with the split opening? A discount would make that easier to justify.

Any chance for late summer discounts for AP’s?

With SWGE opening 8/29, it's not likely. But it will all depend on how the resorts fill up now that things have been officially announced, it's always possible that they will release a discount if they don't get the capacity they were hoping for.

I'm hoping for end of Aug (prior to 8/29) AP or other discount... I've heard summer has been less busy each year so fingers crossed as we are planning to go towards the end of Aug!

I don't expect to see any discounts for this fall after SWGE opens. Unless SWGE doesn't do well at DL, but I expect it to be very popular.

I think its going to do very well, but with the whole area not being open, they may have the reverse affect of fans waiting till its all open and just coming down then. They clearly see a need to open it early before its total completion. Almost as a tease. In my eyes they need a reason to get people down there who are not going to SWGE and are going to need to deal with the crowded parks.

Since the first round of 2019 discounts just came to a close, do we think there will be any more room only discounts or packages for the Fall? I am going in November and already have a room ,but looking to a room at POR however i would like to upgrade to a deluxe. Hoping for a round of room discounts to help ease the pain for guest with SWGE opening and ticket increases. Maybe Disney will try to entice guest to come down multiple times with the split opening? A discount would make that easier to justify.

I don't believe they are all closed. I see two, one of which is for FL residents, doesn't close till May 27 and the other June 30. I know that doesn't help. Sorry.

But to answer...as PPs have said, I doubt a lot of discounts are going to hit after SWGE opens. I was going to send you a link for Mousesavers with the historical data, but that won't do you a bit of good if they change things because of SWGE.

I booked 2 nights at the end of September 2 days prior to them announcing SWGE opening date. I got a great rate using the Sun and Fun offer that was running through September 30th. Virtually every Resort had availability under that offer when I booked. I went to add an extra night the day after the announcement and even though that offer was still valid not one property showed availability under the offer but all had availability paying full price. I checked in with an Agent I've used in the past and she confirmed Disney pulled availability of that offer in September when they announced the opening of SWGE. She also said bookings have been good but softer than she expected since the announcement for whatever that's worth.

I'm holding out hope that as we get closer to the Fall some discount will be offered. If not I may add that 3rd night using a Hotwire Hot Rate Offer. Right now I see Holiday Inn Vacation Club at Orange lake being offered at $66 a night.

We are going in August, I booked A cabin at Fort Wilderness under the free dining promo as there was 5 of us at the time and I preferred the separate sleeping areas. I’m waiting patiently too to see if anything pops up toward the end of April like the historical data shows in Mouse Savers w free dining. I’d much prefer to stay at Port Orleans but there is no availability under the free dining .

I booked 2 nights at the end of September 2 days prior to them announcing SWGE opening date. I got a great rate using the Sun and Fun offer that was running through September 30th. Virtually every Resort had availability under that offer when I booked. I went to add an extra night the day after the announcement and even though that offer was still valid not one property showed availability under the offer but all had availability paying full price. I checked in with an Agent I've used in the past and she confirmed Disney pulled availability of that offer in September when they announced the opening of SWGE. She also said bookings have been good but softer than she expected since the announcement for whatever that's worth.

I'm holding out hope that as we get closer to the Fall some discount will be offered. If not I may add that 3rd night using a Hotwire Hot Rate Offer. Right now I see Holiday Inn Vacation Club at Orange lake being offered at $66 a night.
I don’t think Disney pulled availability. They have a certain number of rooms set aside for the discount for each time period. When those days fill up the offer shows as sold out and I’m thinking after Star Wars was announced more filled up. The day after the announcement I was able to book a long weekend in September under the deal. I played around with dates to see best price since I had total flexibility. I do think after the announcement there was a big increase in people booking that offer causing scarcity.

We are going in August, I booked A cabin at Fort Wilderness under the free dining promo as there was 5 of us at the time and I preferred the separate sleeping areas. I’m waiting patiently too to see if anything pops up toward the end of April like the historical data shows in Mouse Savers w free dining. I’d much prefer to stay at Port Orleans but there is no availability under the free dining .

With the announcement of SWGE, it's highly unlikely they will release another free dining promo for August. The free dining was announced WAY earlier this year than in past years, it basically replaced the offer that is usually announced in April.

There will be no more free dining other than what is announced. Typically they only offer it one time a year but its Disney so who knows! They are trying to grab all the cash they can these days.

Does anyone know when the Fall Florida resident discounts are usually announced?

I currently have a reservation for Oct 8th and wanted to see if I could apply for the resident discount - if still offered this year.

THANKS!

Does anyone know when the Fall Florida resident discounts are usually announced?

I currently have a reservation for Oct 8th and wanted to see if I could apply for the resident discount - if still offered this year.

THANKS!

You can check the link I just left you and get an idea of when it may happen. I'm just afraid with SWGE coming on the 29th of August it may not happen for those that are looking for it. :worried:
I have my resident discount booked for June 2nd. I'm locked into certain travel dates, so I'm lucky my son and I are going to be there before SWGE.

https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codetrends

I don't see why they would need to offer discounts unless enough people start "avoiding" WDW due to SWGE opening anticipating way too large of crowds.

I got a room booked for Sept with the room-only discount they offered at same time as Free dining. I'd love it if they offered an AP discount for Sept/October (that would make that stay even cheaper) .. but I am not counting on it.

Disney is almost un-affordable at this point. even for a die hard like me. When your talking about spending over 5K for a 5 day vacation at a moderate resort, it makes it a little tough to justify coming down each year.

I’m right there with you. We’ve been going every other year. So lucky for us this is the year we go!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!