News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I share everyone's sentiments about the other thread being closed (I read the other thread a lot as well and was shocked to see it locked), I'm going to channel my inner Ryan here and, in his honor, ask that we please get this thread back on topic. We don't want a webmaster popping up here and seeing how off topic this thread has become and shut is down as well. Anyway, back to news and rumors! (Love you all).
If you're referring to the 'Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus' thread, it has been reopened!

Well sure, got to beat the lines! I do go on the treehouse from time to time, but it's not exactly a popular attraction.
This reminds me of one of my fave Josh posts on EasyWDW: Magic Kingdom Frontierland Rope Drop to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - 5/14/19 - easyWDW

An excerpt: I would reiterate that there are few things more wholesome than rope dropping Swiss Family Treehouse, which “literally” makes no sense from a touring efficiency perspective. On the other hand, there won’t be anybody behind you hurrying your group from scene to scene, so you can probably spend 2-3 hours in the tree before running into another soul.

😂 😂 😂 😂

This reminds me of one of my fave Josh posts on EasyWDW: Magic Kingdom Frontierland Rope Drop to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - 5/14/19 - easyWDW

An excerpt: I would reiterate that there are few things more wholesome than rope dropping Swiss Family Treehouse, which “literally” makes no sense from a touring efficiency perspective. On the other hand, there won’t be anybody behind you hurrying your group from scene to scene, so you can probably spend 2-3 hours in the tree before running into another soul.

😂 😂 😂 😂

I like to visit the Treehouse around dusk/twilight. It's pretty, calm and the park looks beautiful!
:)

We were supposed to go this year, but had to postpone until October. I'm still bummed about that...
we were supposed to go last year, postponed that trip twice. Still have a trip next month on the books but it's iffy :(. I love flower and garden and would hate to miss it again.

Everyone likes dumbing on the treehouse, but I enjoy it. For some reason it always stick out as a vivid memory from my first trip.

I mean, I affectionately refer to it as "Stairs: The Ride" but I wouldn't say I dislike it. I kind of prefer the DL version with the Tarzan theme. It's worth a go every once in a while.

Last edited:
We will be there the Monday (4 days I think) before opening. I have my fingers crossed to see some of the installations. Or do you think there will just be more fences blocking what is to come for the festival? :( We have never been to Epcot during a festival.
We left wdw the day the festival started last spring. You can usually see a lot of the plant life ahead of time. The food booths won't be open though.

Not sure if this has been reported yet... Ample Hills Creamery files for bankruptcy. They signed a $19M deal with Disney.

What went wrong?
The article indicates that they raised $19MM in capital to fund expansion but that wasn't a $19MM deal with Disney. Also potentially worth noting, they actually filed for bankruptcy back in March due to financial losses piling up.

Nonetheless a sad story of an entrepreneur's dream turned nightmare... but unfortunately this is a situation that many are all too familiar with now that we are 10+ months into the pandemic.

EDIT: for anybody that wants to see any related discussion in the 2020 News thread - of course the one and only @TheMaxRebo was on top of it last year when it happened:

Last edited:
The article indicates that they raised $19MM in capital to fund expansion but that wasn't a $19MM deal with Disney. Also potentially worth noting, they actually filed for bankruptcy back in March due to financial losses piling up.

Nonetheless a sad story of an entrepreneur's dream turned nightmare... but unfortunately this is a situation that many are all too familiar with now that we are 10+ months into the pandemic.

EDIT: for anybody that wants to see any related discussion in the 2020 Newd thread - of course the one and only @TheMaxRebo was on top of it last year when it happened:
Guess I missed it. Well, the it was new to me anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter