News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

News
Barney show at Universal not coming back

https://insidethemagic.net/2021/02/barney-universal-cancelled-ad1/
Trying to fall asleep and came across this. Not surprised, but nooo! Not Barney! :( I LOVED Barney as a kid. It was always the same person playing the host/helper every time I saw it the past few years...he seemed to love it.
Has Barney even been on for many years? I don't recall any of my kids ever coming across it (9 & 7 now) and my Niece was super into it, back in the 90s! I'm not surprised they decided to move on from this one. I understand that it's still sad for those that had fond memories of the character or the live show!

Epcot Forever was more up in the air, but there were some kites dragged by watercraft - they may run it without them.
I think the intent of Epcot Forever as an interim show was that it wouldn't be in the way with Harmonious as it was built. In my opinion Epcot Forever could return before Harmonious if desired. However, I'd guess that pandemic operation restrictions will make for a delayed return of either show.

Has Barney even been on for many years? I don't recall any of my kids ever coming across it (9 & 7 now) and my Niece was super into it, back in the 90s! I'm not surprised they decided to move on from this one. I understand that it's still sad for those that had fond memories of the character or the live show!
Since 1995. My now 24 year old was obsessed with it

I feel like they've really struggled with an IP image for BoardWalk... I like the Dumbo theme a whole lot more than throwing Mickey and Friends in there.
I agree with the idea of a previous poster, I wish they had gone Dumbo for the pool slide. That really could have worked. I will miss the creepy clown slide, just because it was such an oddity, like the nanny chairs in the lobby.

I never really thought of it but it definitely wasn't on my nieces' radar (8 and 5).

It aired on PBS from ‘92-10. Then reruns were on Sprout; now it’s on Universal Kids. According to Wikipedia. I’m guessing it was very much a 90’s thing. There was merch for it in the 90’s too. My little brothers didn’t care about Barney; they grew up in the 00’s.

It aired on PBS from ‘92-10. Then reruns were on Sprout; now it’s on Universal Kids. According to Wikipedia. I’m guessing it was very much a 90’s thing. There was merch for it in the 90’s too. My little brothers didn’t care about Barney; they grew up in the 00’s.
2010 is much later than I would have thought. I do feel like the stuff aimed at little kids has a pretty short shelf life. They grow out of it so quickly. Really surprised that Barney had that kind of staying power.

Received an email from Steve over at Military Disney Tips.
"I'm checking in today with a quick update on 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets. Sales of most 2020 Salute Tickets (sales of which were previously extended through 14 February) have been stopped and I've been informed that 2021 Tickets will go on sale 15 February 2021. Prices have not been announced yet. Disney has been silent. All info has come through military channels. Here is the post: 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Update "

(Disney still does have it listed on its special offers pages as of an hour ago with the purchase by 2/14 date)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter