• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

No, not Stacey! How will I know what is a must-do must-do?

EDIT: And in case that sounded sarcastic, I really do love Stacey. I turn her channel on every time I arrive at the room. My rule at WDW is only two TV stations can be watched, Stacey and the one that shows the Mickey cartoons. Nothing from the "outside world" - ha ha!

Last edited:

EDIT: And in case that sounded sarcastic, I really do love Stacey. I turn her channel on every time I arrive at the room. My rule at WDW is only two TV stations can be watched, Stacey and the one that shows the Mickey cartoons. Nothing from the "outside world" - ha ha!

Same. I still quote Stacey to this day.

The chunker monker rhino is my fav.

i really hope the US ones aren’t delayed too much. They knocked it out off the park with this.

The Orlando version is definitely delayed, I know there were rumors that because of the status of Epic Universe, there were thoughts they’d shrink the scope of Nintendo World and just put it in the Universal Studios park, but that was never really speculated any further, so I don’t think it was a substantial rumor. I think at the earliest we’re looking at 2024 for Florida. I think the Hollywood version is due open in 2022, I haven’t heard anything about whether the work has been delayed enough to be pushed further

Us too! Last week when we were there, we frantically checked and rechecked the channels for Stacey. Lol she’s like our lullaby each night at WDW. So bummed that we never found it. First trip in a loooong time that we didn’t see Stacey!

The Orlando version is definitely delayed, I know there were rumors that because of the status of Epic Universe, there were thoughts they’d shrink the scope of Nintendo World and just put it in the Universal Studios park, but that was never really speculated any further, so I don’t think it was a substantial rumor. I think at the earliest we’re looking at 2024 for Florida. I think the Hollywood version is due open in 2022, I haven’t heard anything about whether the work has been delayed enough to be pushed further
Hollywood’s was meant to open next year, but there has been minimal word on it, so I’m expecting delays, who knows when the park will even reopen. Epic Universe was put on hold, so we at least know that won’t be making the 2023 opening. The land was originally designed for the Kidzone plot, so the thought was that Mario without the Donkey Kong addition moving there would be the most likely (which is what was built for Japan and what is being built for Hollywood). Japan has started construction for a Donkey Kong expansion now however.
There’s nothing really concrete about any of the US timelines or plans now. At least that I’m aware of beyond that. I expect your timelines to be the best case scenario for now.

If nothing else to test the new swing bridge. So if they path closes after the park closes, then the pageant will happen while the path is open. Wonder how long the swing bridge is out to allow the barges on to the lagoon. Might be really neat to be there as the barges come out.
it shouldn't be more than 5 minutes for them to clear the bridge portion. The the entire rotation through all the resorts and MK takes about an hour and a half so they would go back

Thanks! Time to go to McDonald's today then (I live in SE NC too)
Got the Minnie/Mickey car and the Expedition Everest one. (6 down - 4 to go!) Too busy to ask if they had others in the boxes. :) Like others have mentioned .. they just don't have the QR codes in them anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter