News Round Up 2020

That seems like a lot for HTTYD
It does a bit, but the 2 flats are minor rides likely to be lightly themed. The boat ride is not huge, and supposedly off the shelf. They’ve already had a show for it, moving it to the park permanently makes sense. So not major expenses comparatively.
Then the coaster is going to be next to a major dual launch coaster, so it’s not going to be a showstopper, probably more C or D than E ticket. I imagine the simulator is meant to be the main draw here.

So more than the 3 rides Nintendo is getting (then I believe it was 2 rides for Potter, and 1 ride and walkthrough for Monsters), but they really need better draws for the younger crowd. These 2 lands as described could really fix that for their resort, they likely want something that delivers a lot more than Seuss did for them in that regard. Altogether this will be a solid land in a solid park if they truly deliver all of this.

Last edited:
It does a bit, but the 2 flats are minor rides likely to be lightly themed. The boat ride is not huge, and supposedly off the shelf. They’ve already had a show for it, moving it to the park permanently makes sense. So not major expenses comparatively.
Then the coaster is going to be next to a major dual launch coaster, so it’s not going to be a showstopper, probably more C or D than E ticket. I imagine the simulator is meant to be the main draw here.

So more than the 3 rides Nintendo is getting (then I believe it was 1 ride for Potter, and 2 rides for Monsters), but they really need better draws for the younger crowd. These 2 lands as described could really fix that for their resort, they likely want something that delivers a lot more than Seuss did for them in that regard. Altogether this will be a solid land in a solid park if they truly deliver all of this.

Yeah, seems like often the "kiddie lands" have a lot of different rides but none (or few) are huge ... I mean, Bug's Land had 5 attractions

So more than the 3 rides Nintendo is getting (then I believe it was 1 ride for Potter, and 2 rides for Monsters), but they really need better draws for the younger crowd. These 2 lands as described could really fix that for their resort, they likely want something that delivers a lot more than Seuss did for them in that regard. Altogether this will be a solid land in a solid park if they truly deliver all of this.
I’m just excited to see some rides that aren’t in front of a screen. The boat ride and roller coaster look like great additions. I’m usually ok with motion but after too many screen rides it starts to get to me. I have high hopes for the new park!

How do we think these will affect crowd levels? No difference? Less people during the day? More?

I accidentally went during one of those. The day wasn’t bad, but it got pretty crazy as it got to start of their private event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter