News Round Up 2020

Just watched Canada Far and Wide. I can't say it with enough emphasis, I miss Marty. This new cut is so boring and dry. There is no humor and much of it looks like it was just lifted from the old film. This is a disappointment all around. It feels cheap and like it was done only to push Martin Short out of it. Sad...

Dang we will miss him as well.

Is the song still in there at least?

Just watched Clifford on Netflix last night-one of our weird faves.

I know the Epcot monorail construction down time article was posted somewhere in here. I *think* we're pretty unaffected by it, as we didn't need it before 10 those days, but does anybody know if Disney will be running Epcot buses from each monorail resort directly to Epcot (likely sharing buses, obviously), or is it TTC to Epcot buses only? We've only experienced resort monorail line planned down time.

Last edited:

I know the Epcot monorail construction down time article was posted somewhere in here. I *think* we're pretty unaffected by it, as we didn't need it before 10 those days, but does anybody know if Disney will be running Epcot buses from each monorail resort directly to Epcot (likely sharing buses, obviously), or is it TTC to Epcot buses only? We've only experienced resort monorail line planned down time.

In the past, which has been several years for us, they ran buses from the monorail resorts to both Magic Kingdom and Epcot. The buses started early. This might have been when all of the monorails had a late start. I think they will run buses to the parks though, because they don't have any buses that go to/from the TTC anymore.

NEWS

Portion of redesigned pathway revealed under Spaceship Earth ... This boasts a new pattern in the concrete and is open to allow access to Gateway Gifts which is reopening today

https://blogmickey.com/2020/01/portion-of-redesigned-pathway-revealed-under-spaceship-earth

Edit: and here is look at redesigned Gateway Gifts .... note: classic sign survived!

https://blogmickey.com/2020/01/gateway-gifts-reopens-with-new-look-classic-sign-survives
Is anyone else having trouble opening Blog Mickey site today? I cannot use these links and even when I try to go directly to his site I get an error that way too.

Is anyone else having trouble opening Blog Mickey site today? I cannot use these links and even when I try to go directly to his site I get an error that way too.

So it worked for me earlier today just fine (how I got those links) but recently it has been an issue (why in my last post I did link to tweet instead on website) - hopefully fixes in a bit

this will be ours if I see it in feb. going for a short weekend trip between annual trips at the beginning of the month. My daughter will love having this at home to fly her toys and loveys around in.

Just an FYI I saw another post that they sold out of them on the first day and that a CM said they only got "a handful". So not sure what that means or why but definitely keep an eye out for what it going on and just a heads up that potentially limited supply

Just watched Canada Far and Wide. I can't say it with enough emphasis, I miss Marty. This new cut is so boring and dry. There is no humor and much of it looks like it was just lifted from the old film. This is a disappointment all around. It feels cheap and like it was done only to push Martin Short out of it. Sad...
Agreed. The video resolution was superior; it was very clear, crisp unlike the dated/fuzzy film of the previous. However, they found the two most uninteresting narrators; and the use of the map gave it the feel of a classroom film. I was happy that they retained the song at the end, but was hoping for more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter